What's new

Question So are people still wanting to nerf Deathstroke?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
you must play hawk girl too. I feel your pain. <"casual">HE IS DEATHSTROKE BUT BETTER AND HAS COMBOS! NRS Y U NO NERF'D!?! </"casual">

that second half is not aimed at you btw.
Lol yes I do play HG and Sinestro is just a nightmare...I played WoundCowboy last night and could only win one match with my catwoman...I couldnt stand it anymore..crazy character. However WITH Hg Ive beaten several good DS's...

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
Lol yes I do play HG and Sinestro is just a nightmare...I played WoundCowboy last night and could only win one match with my catwoman...I couldnt stand it anymore..crazy character. However WITH Hg Ive beaten several good DS's...
yeah DS is nothing to HG. vs sinestro is a NIGHTMARE UGH!!

Invincibeast

Stay Free
No. I beat Deathstrokes fairly easily now that I've gotten used to the zoning in this game. Shit, sometimes I feel generous and give them a big target with Grundy and they still can't win :)

The unfortunate part is there's only like 30 top 8 players usually but there's millions of crappy players that buy their games. They are gonna fix things for the noobs from a business perspective.
Yea but I'm sure they also understand even if they do nerf a character like DS those same people are still going to complain about him. Hell they probably won't even know what the character balance patch did. I think NRS expects a lot of people to eventually stop playing this game too because I'm sure this is the first fighting for some. Don't forget though some players who have never played a fighting game will take the time to actually get good at the game.

Patches end up costing a lot of money so I don't see any point of nerfing or buffing a character to just so they have to go back to make further changes. So I really don't think it's really smart to always listen to the masses especially when it comes to character balance. Remember NRS also understands the importance of having a game work well at a high level play because tournaments and streams of tournament play for example keep sales steady. Look at what it did for UMvC3 which didn't sell we'll at first however staying relevant helped it sell steadily. I really love what players like Tom are doing to show how to get past certain attacks but I wish developers promoted going into practice mode to learn how to overcome tactics people are struggling with.

Practice modes great but while matches are loading put up large text stating things like having trouble against a particular attack/character go into practice mode where you can set up scenarios. I really feel a good majority of players would get better faster if they new the importance of practice modes. Yea understand some players are to lazy to go into a practice mode to learn new tech or how to figure out why there losing however I'm sure lots would if they knew how important practice modes are. Anyway this game has exceeded my expectations and I'm glad I decided to buy it. I was worried this game might be just taking advantage of its DC license but that's not the case this game in my opinion is very solid.

Not only that but fun as fuck.

I think most if not all the characters this early in this games life are powerful in the right hands and that to me isnt the case for some fighting games. Some fighting games expect you to spend a lot of time with certain characters before you can start you can really start taking advantage of what they really have to offer. This game is very accessible but you can tell it has a lot of depth which will keep players learning for a while. For example the trait aspect is a unique feature exclusive to this game that players will have to master if they want to take full advantage of the characters they main.

The one thing i do hate about this game is not having more time to play it.

Don't want anyone nerfed, way too early to tell. Especially not DS.
Exactly. I feel when your Deathstroke and have to play catch up hes at a noticeable disadvantage. I personally hate having to chase someone down with a noticeable life lead with Deathstroke because me personally i dont think hes a good chase down character. For example his specials like his sword flip leave you wide open when blocked and his sword spin is better for defense then it is offense. So yea even this early in the game i can definitely see some flaws for DS even with people still arguing otherwise. Aris was right when he stated its an insult to everyone including the developers to start asking for nerfs so soon.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yes it is welcome to fighting games right. Anyway i made this topic to see if there were any VALID complaints about DS from the actual Injustice community but as expected this community would rather fight then complain.
I don't really know why people complained about Deathstroke in the first place. You pretty much just have to learn how to deal with his zoning. I don't even know what they want nerfed. :16Bit

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
sinestro sucks.....unless he got a buff that i don't know about >.>
Lol...no. He is far from sucking...he is great. It's hard for me to explain...I feel like with the falling rocks, the chains around my ankles, the Shang Tsung-esque fireballs, and that annoying ass ball that spits a laser beam at me...I'm just trying to block it all while trying to get in...he's insane.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Deathstroke made me break a controller first week, but now he's fine. I never wanted him nerfed though, the characters all feel powerful right now.

None needs 2 be nerfed
People think most chars r op because of online what makes everything safe
When deathstroke can do double sword flip online
When its 21- on block
But online makes it safe
Plus aquaman doesn't need any nerf
He only needs 2 make his trait longer recovery so aqua mainers can use it less
Idk why people asking about so much nerfs
I mean cmon this game will have. A great tournaments and evo great moments
In mk we always see the same 5 chars on top 5
But in injustice anyone can win depends on the player not the character
I hope they won't nerf chars so anyone can have fun with his main