What's new

Tech - Sorcerer So, about that Sorcerer variation: Part 2

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
The more i play, the more important i find gimmicks for setting up spells. When you get into the fullscreen zoning game, and they are ready to block, just throw up your armor spell. Sometimes i´ll randomly do F212 armor Spell on block just to mess with them. Do you guys get cute with anything like this?

While I like chip setups, I pretty much only like them to win rounds, because that armor spell is so amazingly important. I set down a chip aura, and I get damage, but then it sits there useless as I´m defenseless against their incoming assault.

Also, we really should be using EX Trance more. Gustav I know youre already on it, but this shit is ridiculous. Sitting full screen in your armor spell, you just wait for them to throw something at you, and you trance them for 35% damage i think. That´s not small potatoes.

Last edited:

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
The more i play, the more important i find gimmicks for setting up spells. When you get into the fullscreen zoning game, and they are ready to block, just throw up your armor spell. Sometimes i´ll randomly do F212 armor Spell on block just to mess with them. Do you guys get cute with anything like this?

While I like chip setups, I pretty much only like them to win rounds, because that armor spell is so amazingly important. I set down a chip aura, and I get damage, but then it sits there useless as I´m defenseless against their incoming assault.

Also, we really should be using EX Trance more. Gustav I know youre already on it, but this shit is ridiculous. Sitting full screen in your armor spell, you just wait for them to throw something at you, and you trance them for 35% damage i think. That´s not small potatoes.
I do the same thing but only in sets against the same person or if someone is strangely being super respectful.

The EX Trance I've been using on Kitana and Kenshi(Only in the armor spell) the most as it's easier to catch her out of the air from fullscreen. Which is where I find some like to sit. Are you using it more in combos for sorc?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I do the same thing but only in sets against the same person or if someone is strangely being super respectful.

The EX Trance I've been using on Kitana and Kenshi(Only in the armor spell) the most as it's easier to catch her out of the air from fullscreen. Which is where I find some like to sit. Are you using it more in combos for sorc?
If I'm sitting pretty on meter, and I land F212 of B324, I'll use a bar on ex trance sometimes. It may not be the best use of meter but I like doing it.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
If I'm sitting pretty on meter, and I land F212 of B324, I'll use a bar on ex trance sometimes. It may not be the best use of meter but I like doing it.
B324, 4xxMB trance, JIP F2122, 4xxMid rune is 40%
F2122, 4xxMB trance, JIP F2122, 4xxMid rune is 40%
NJP, 4xxMB trance, JIP F2122, 4xxMid rune is 36%

All of these are very easy to do midscreen. You will not find a MB rune combo equivalent that you can do more damage with, or that is as easy as this. I think the only time that MB rune would be better mid screen is if you decide to go for a reset with a normal trance late in the combo

I have new tech that i've developed that i might post on at some point but i'm too busy watching evo streams dreaming i could be there so i could body my pool :p

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
B324, 4xxMB trance, JIP F2122, 4xxMid rune is 40%
F2122, 4xxMB trance, JIP F2122, 4xxMid rune is 40%
NJP, 4xxMB trance, JIP F2122, 4xxMid rune is 36%

All of these are very easy to do midscreen. You will not find a MB rune combo equivalent that you can do more damage with, or that is as easy as this. I think the only time that MB rune would be better mid screen is if you decide to go for a reset with a normal trance late in the combo

I have new tech that i've developed that i might post on at some point but i'm too busy watching evo streams dreaming i could be there so i could body my pool :p
Actually I've done some situational comparisons and I think there are a couple combos that do more damage using mb rune instead of ex trance. Combos that end in the corner later. I can't quote them now but I'll try to check it out later.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
@Gustavness I've just gotta say that after having a break from Quan, seeing your vid in the other thread got me interested in rereading this stuff and god damn between you and @Under_The_Mayo I'm getting super inspired play this variation properly. I'm going to spend some time in the lab practicing some of the things I've seen discussed, then see what else I can find. I feel like we've barely scraped the surface at this point, and I'm much more optimistic about this variation in the long run over summoner.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
While under the subject of having meter, try not to forget. If you have them in the corner and can get off a trance. Set down chip aura. 1,4, ex rune is a true block string. Plus one rep of that is about 18%. So two bars will get you about 36% and three bars 54%. That's over half their health bar from chip alone and they can't escape it unless they armor out or take the hits. Food for thought.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
While under the subject of having meter, try not to forget. If you have them in the corner and can get off a trance. Set down chip aura. 1,4, ex rune is a true block string. Plus one rep of that is about 18%. So two bars will get you about 36% and three bars 54%. That's over half their health bar from chip alone and they can't escape it unless they armor out or take the hits. Food for thought.
you mean the rune trap from the first month of the game?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah that one. I don't hear people talk about it anymore and it's still a decent rune trap.
Well there's a thread about it by Gustav from last month. It was talked about in Ketchup's Sorcerer video guide. And every sorcerer quan uses it to kill and set up panic. Don't worry, we got it. There just isn't a whole lot to say about it.