What's new

So... About 3 Aftermath Skin Packs...

Raider

Noob
Oh, I get it, you were just completely wrong. Fujin has gear specific to story mode, and his story mode-worn skin is unlockable from story mode only, listed in the Kustomize menu. I was saying that I unlocked the skin, labeled to be unlocked by story, from a random tower and I do not own the Aftermath DLC. SO, no, I dont think there are gear and skins locked to the story. Ill try with Kung Lao today, but again, I just got Fujins Story costume.
I can barely understand what you are trying to say. No DLC character except for ST has a gear or skins tied to story mode only. For example i unlocked every single of Sindel's gear pieces and skins by playing the towers.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I can barely understand what you are trying to say. No DLC character except for ST has a gear or skins tied to story mode only. For example i unlocked every single of Sindel's gear pieces and skins by playing the towers.
You are wrong, Fujin has gear and skins tied to story mode.

E

Eldriken

40 bucks for 3 characters is ok but delayed skin packs are not huh?
Who here paid $40 for 3 characters? How did each one cost you $13? If you spent $40 on 3 characters, that's on you because you didn't wait until they were sold individually.

They're $6 each, so that's $18 for all 3 characters. The remaining $22 spent could be allotted to the Aftermath story (let's say that's $10 in its own right) and the remaining $12 can be for the skin packs at $4 a pop. Boom. There's your $40 spent.

It isn't NRS' fault that anyone spent the $40 and only intended to use the characters. It doesn't change the contents of the DLC or justify peoples' complaints about it. Wait until they're sold individually as no one had a gun pointed at their head demanding they buy it before then.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Who here paid $40 for 3 characters? How did each one cost you $13? If you spent $40 on 3 characters, that's on you because you didn't wait until they were sold individually.

They're $6 each, so that's $18 for all 3 characters. The remaining $22 spent could be allotted to the Aftermath story (let's say that's $10 in its own right) and the remaining $12 can be for the skin packs at $4 a pop. Boom. There's your $40 spent.

It isn't NRS' fault that anyone spent the $40 and only intended to use the characters. It doesn't change the contents of the DLC or justify peoples' complaints about it. Wait until they're sold individually as no one had a gun pointed at their head demanding they buy it before then.
PRECISELY. I spent a whopping $6 bucks for Fujin, and if I decide to take this game seriously again, Ill buy Sheeva and RoboCock for an additional $12. But to be fair, at NRS's detriment, I would have bought all three at release had I been given that chance and likely would have taken the game seriously again. Im sure MANY people wanted to buy some and ended up buying none because of the time that passed and interest waning.

Their silence on the skin packs is odd, and their total lack of communication for the duration of this games life is suspicious. They could be doing a ton more marketing and customer relations wise, IMO.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

I was pretty much OK with the pricing of Aftermath, but it's not like they let people know up front they could wait a couple weeks and get them individually. Any trust in it happening wasn't really based in anything for at least a few days when it started sounding like there was something to suggest it was going to happen. If someone had any interest in the characters day one or even short term after launch, didn't have much reason to think they weren't choosing between the full Aftermath or waiting on a future sale of some sort at a totally unknown time. You still had to look at the deal and say to yourself "this is worth $40 to me all things considered"

Not as crazy DOA6 doing the free to play conversion (that was known was going to be an eventual thing) one week after dropping the full game. I would have bought it all anyway.

Zviko

Noob
I was pretty much OK with the pricing of Aftermath, but it's not like they let people know up front they could wait a couple weeks and get them individually.
They don't let us know but history suggests they'll always do it. I had no doubts even when WB Twitter said they had no plans of doing that. 2 weeks later they were available in the store.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
They don't let us know but history suggests they'll always do it. I had no doubts even when WB Twitter said they had no plans of doing that. 2 weeks later they were available in the store.
I not sure I bought the line either, and that's all well and fine for people that are really tuned in, but the window was so short someone had to know and chose to make the official word "we aren't planning on it right now". I'm not sure I'm going to blame many people for believing a lie they were explicitly told as a response to a question driving their purchasing decision making.

I'm fine with "you got baited so you deserved it" inside of fighting games, but I'm not sure I'm looking to throw support behind the concept for life in general.

Nobody spent money not knowing what they were getting, but that doesn't mean they would have made the same decisions had they had better, more accurate info or just not been straight up lied to.

E

Eldriken

No one should have thought for a second they would only be sold as part of the $40 DLC. WB and NRS really aren't that stupid. Greedy, not stupid. It was inevitable and went without saying they'd be sold individually regardless of what they claimed. They said they wouldn't as to not shoot themselves in the foot and lose sales.

Stupid question, but we’re the skins released with mk11 not considered the skin packs?? The ones that are sometimes in the store? Like shredder sub and classic frost

Amirluc

Kaballin'
Stupid question, but we’re the skins released with mk11 not considered the skin packs?? The ones that are sometimes in the store? Like shredder sub and classic frost
That was a preorder exclusive pack. We are supposed to get another 3 skin packs that have 3 skins in each pack, for a total of 9 skins.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
COVID-19 delays most likely. I'm sure they were going to release something with EVO Online but I'm not so sure now.
Or maybe with the recent news of WB studios being sold to other companies? Maybe that situation put everything on hold until it's sorted out.

Imagine if the skins are announced later to be Xbox exclusive for six months.