What's new

Smoke's reset fixed in the Vita version of MK9!

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Faded Dreams V said it best. You stop the resets but honestly it shouldn't make too much of a difference in the future >;] if anything we'll have more meter to break once you get around the Smoke Balls, B2's and D4's lol.

It just lets us innovate, new things will be discovered. I for one like this change.

As for the Cyrax reset, i honestly think there is no problem with him keeping it. He is very easily zoned out and his normals don't have much range besides F2 (and it's fairly slow) so it's not like he's dhalsim hit-confirming 70% combo's from half screen. All he has is that net, it's not too big a deal. Personally, i don't even think he's top 10 anymore, and if he is he's like 8-10. IDK i mean i see where everyone's coming from but if they remove it he can still do like 60% one bar lol.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Faded Dreams V said it best. You stop the resets but honestly it shouldn't make too much of a difference in the future >;] if anything we'll have more meter to break once you get around the Smoke Balls, B2's and D4's lol.

It just lets us innovate, new things will be discovered. I for one like this change.

As for the Cyrax reset, i honestly think there is no problem with him keeping it. He is very easily zoned out and his normals don't have much range besides F2 (and it's fairly slow) so it's not like he's dhalsim hit-confirming 70% combo's from half screen. All he has is that net, it's not too big a deal. Personally, i don't even think he's top 10 anymore, and if he is he's like 8-10. IDK i mean i see where everyone's coming from but if they remove it he can still do like 60% one bar lol.
But fool yousa smoke player poor subby wubby needs that cyrax reset to go

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Heres a question for you, does anyone need resets? I mean, sub survived without his and he lost like 30% midscreen. Cyrax would lose, what 10-20%? Smoke's case is even worse, losing arguably 50-60%

still, Im really praying for this new version update translate to consoles. Sombody hit up ed boon on twitter please?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Hell no.

I remember at MLG KT Smith took like 90% of my life with that BS. I was thinking to myself "yah...so much for that round".
except I shot myself in the foot at the arena because I went for it and dropped it almost every time, leaving me not enough meter to break. Shit isn't easy. Karma?

regardless I'm indifferent about the Vita version because the console version isn't going to be patched. What there is now is how it will stay.

HD Smoke

Noob
m2dave if i ordered you a Smoke action figure would you burn it? lol my cousin hates Smoke even more i bet he played Noob and literally traded the game in at gamestop once Smokes standing 2 was found out to be an anti air. Lol his main Smoke insult was fuck Smoke he is a prick.

HD Smoke

Noob
I am pretty sure the reset wont be hotfixed out on the consoles. NRS fixed it on vita since its a fresh start for MK on a new system. I doubt NRS would hotfix stuff after the game has been out for over a year i cant really say i blame them they hopefully are focusing on MK10 and lets hope Smoke and Cyrax dont have 80% resets in that or ill join the NRS hate train lol. The game is pretty balanced now and Smoke with his reset isn't even the best in the game or winning every major, KT, Wafflez, and CDjr are the only consistent good Smokes doing well at every tourny and CDjr doesnt use the reset. Has any vita players tried Smokes invisi glitch yet? Is it still in?

I still think it was unintentionally fixed. There is no reason to remove this and let Cyrax's reset, they just ported and hoped the bugs where magically removed. Jax reset was intentionally scaled down and Sindel is bugged as fuck.

Somberness

Lights
It'd actually be a lot easier to fix this reset than Cyrax's because all they would have to do is change the knockdown properties off of forward 4.

HD Smoke

Noob
Somberness was Smokes reset glitched into the game when his otg was patched and the ex bomb caused addiotnal knock back for %10? On vanilla Mk would the ex reset still be in?