What's new

General/Other Smoke Players are Awesome!

HD Smoke

Noob
lol, I like that idea. I think at MLG I'm going equal parts Smoke and Jax. There are MU's I know I'll pick Jax on from the start, but the MLG is all first to 3 so I have extra time to get a read on my opponent. If I feel even the littlest bit uncomfortable against someone with Smoke, the black man is coming out.
Jax for kung laos and kabals right? lol

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Jax for kung laos and kabals right? lol
Yea, but also anyone I'm having a hard time playing footsies with. Smoke's footsies are so GDLK, but some characters can shut them down. Kabal and KL are the worst offenders, but other characters can do it as well.

Jax pretty much covers all of Smoke's bad MU's so they compliment each other well.

I'm biting off CD jr and I don't give a FUCK.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yea, but also anyone I'm having a hard time playing footsies with. Smoke's footsies are so GDLK, but some characters can shut them down. Kabal and KL are the worst offenders, but other characters can do it as well.

Jax pretty much covers all of Smoke's bad MU's so they compliment each other well.

I'm biting off CD jr and I don't give a FUCK.
Are there any matches you struggle so much with smoke that you have to swap though, or is it just aesthetics/preference?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Are there any matches you struggle so much with smoke that you have to swap though, or is it just aesthetics/preference?
Top level Kabals and KLs are near impossible to beat with Smoke unless they fuck up big time or you get lucky. I like Jax better against Sonya as well.

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
Top level Kabals and KLs are near impossible to beat with Smoke unless they fuck up big time or you get lucky. I like Jax better against Sonya as well.
It's a lot harder to fight Sonya with Jax than Smoke imo. Just curious, but what makes you say that?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
It's a lot harder to fight Sonya with Jax than Smoke imo. Just curious, but what makes you say that?
I dunno, this past thursday riu48 blew up my Smoke and then I switched to Jax. Me, him and REO were rotating playing best of 3's and after that I won 3 of 4 best of 3's against him with Jax and the one I lost was because I dropped a corner combo but went into EX GP anyway. lolz, woops.

I know there's the whole thing where Jax's f413(4) can be punished on block, but it's not easy to do if you don't see it coming. mix in enough d3 > 2f2, d3 > throw, and f3's and you should be good. Also Jax's EX dash punch beats Sonya's d4.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I see, i think smoke deals with KL and kabals both fairly well, i wouldnt call it easy, but i dont think those matches would be the ones i switch on.

Sonya is a shit fight for anyone, but when you can take her d4 and onion rings away theres a good range to sit at and punish everything that you see/predict with smoke bombs.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hey everyone, wish me, Wafflez, KT Smith, ribbz22, cdjr, and any other Smoke players luck at MLG this weekend! Hopefully we can put on some good matches for everyone.

Here is how I will personally be treating the event:

Hopefully I am not late because I have been in the bathroom since 5PM yesterday trying to finish my Smoke hairdoo

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
RM_xSMoKEx plays so differently from me. Love seeing that. I was getting irritated every time you used D4 > B2, but didn't finish the combo though. Should have gone 2-0 vs Vida. lol.

Nice job getting Top 8 at Toryuken. I'm sure you can place somewhere on Top 4.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
On a side note, thank you for being the first Smoke I see offline using Shake to build meter fullscreen. Finally. lol.

I like whiffing airgrabs late into all of my naked backward jumps, y'all should try it ;) no recovery frames if you do it that way