What's new

Smoke + Motaro Synergy

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
nice one mate, I thought only using normal air tp to not spend a bar
do you have any idea how can we use this without giving any chance to opponent try to answer?
This was just a concept. I haven’t tried to see what the opponent can do against it. But it’s absolutely worth it to use a bar to go invis. Invis is Smoke’s strongest tool.

This was just a concept. I haven’t tried to see what the opponent can do against it. But it’s absolutely worth it to use a bar to go invis. Invis is Smoke’s strongest tool.
I didnt say in that way... I mean, if it's an air teleport, you can burn a meter and go invisible if you want... And if I rec this invisible, there's no point showing the pressure after hahaha no one would see it

smoke + cyrax chip is worthy ?
I don't know mate, smoke doesnt have the best frame data, and too much gap in his strings... I think it works better with characters that already have a good pressure and chip damage, like JC, Baraka and etc... Smoke relies in his mind game and his cancels

his fireballs can mess up your combos if you do hit
you can F1,2,1+3 DB4 MB... You just need to work adjusting the height, it depends in which hit of the fireball the opponent took

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I didnt say in that way... I mean, if it's an air teleport, you can burn a meter and go invisible if you want... And if I rec this invisible, there's no point showing the pressure after hahaha no one would see it
Not entirely sure what you’re trying to say here. But in this setup after the invis, they’re likely to just be blocking so I go for the f12 first just to get some chip. If I go for a mixup and it hits, Motaro’s FB’s will mess the combo up. But you could technically figure out a combo pickup off of the FB’s. Anyway, that’s why I do the f12 first then go for either the low or overhead because by that time Motaro’s FB’s will be done and you can just do your normal combo.

Not entirely sure what you’re trying to say here. But in this setup after the invis, they’re likely to just be blocking so I go for the f12 first just to get some chip. If I go for a mixup and it hits, Motaro’s FB’s will mess the combo up. But you could technically figure out a combo pickup off of the FB’s. Anyway, that’s why I do the f12 first then go for either the low or overhead because by that time Motaro’s FB’s will be done and you can just do your normal combo.
I said that I didn't use the invis cause the intention is ask for help, this way even non smoke players can see what is possible to do and help...
In a regular match, you can use the invis or don't, is up to the player and his strategy during the match...
About the choices after TP, I always try something to open his defense, I already spend this time figuring out how to combo after any Motaro's FB and it's not that hard or tricky, but you have to spend a meter to optimize the combo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Couple different things you can do in this setup. If opponent blocks, You can just go for f12 into the low or OH starter. If they get hit, you can do an air combo and land in time to do either a low or OH starter. Or if they get hit you can just finish the combo. You can probably get more than this but was just showing the possibilities. Personally I think finishing the combo will only be the go to option in specific scenarios like them being low on health and so you get the guaranteed kill or damage in.

This is my pairing but only because i love motaro, using him reduces your health by 100, his best move costs two bars. Its great fun but winning seems easier with other kameos