What's new

Tech - Smoke Smoke Away gets Increased Damage in Combo

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Because some of us care more about the health of the game balance as a whole and not an immature attachment to an individual character?
Nothing wrong with being attached to a single character, just dont be biased about their dirt like 99% of the people on here are about their mains. I have no problem admitting FT has just as much dumb shit as the next character

Decay

King of the Bill
I dont understand why ppl show all the dirty stuff they find ? This way all gets patched.
It's better to share what could be a glitch asap, otherwise we'll see some crappy grand finals were someone's abusing a bug to win. You guys don't want to be playing a broken game, so thats why it's reported to us. There's some tech stuff that people don't have to share as a competitor but things that could be glitches are encouraged to be shared

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It's better to share what could be a glitch asap, otherwise we'll see some crappy grand finals were someone's abusing a bug to win. You guys don't want to be playing a broken game, so thats why it's reported to us. There's some tech stuff that people don't have to share as a competitor but things that could be glitches are encouraged to be shared
Off topic, but how dope is it to say "us" in reference to NRS? LOL, gdlk.

I'm glad this is staying, it's cool and isn't too good at all, just a few more % damage while risking a stamina bar and dropping the combo.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I dont understand why ppl show all the dirty stuff they find ? This way all gets patched.
Things will get patched through hot fixes, even if the game is officially done patching, so what's the problem...

haketh

Noob
cancelling out of the 4 avoids some additional damage scaling that the 4 has on raw juggles with it. damage scaling on phase is pretty too low atm but this is more clever use of the combo mechanics than a bug.
That's pretty awesome, aint even a Smoke player and I hope this stays

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The midscreen overhead stuff is the easiest because of how popped up they get with Ex Smoke Bomb. But in other combos other than AA...

I'm finding that this little trick takes serious stamina management though. Losing backdash or phase when I need it sucks. I'm not sure I'll be implementing it just yet.

The AA stuff is kick ass though

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
The midscreen overhead stuff is the easiest because of how popped up they get with Ex Smoke Bomb. But in other combos other than AA...

I'm finding that this little trick takes serious stamina management though. Losing backdash or phase when I need it sucks. I'm not sure I'll be implementing it just yet.

The AA stuff is kick ass though
Using EX Smoke Bomb, in general, grants a higher pop up when the opponent re-appears. Using the low starter, as well as F13, F21, etc., along with the B1 OH will give you the extra height in those combos.
Stamina management is key, too. I agree. But I trust most Smoke players already have this in mind, due to the nature of regular Phase and backdashing.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
cancelling out of the 4 avoids some additional damage scaling that the 4 has on raw juggles with it. damage scaling I on phase is pretty too low atm but this is more clever use of the combo mechanics than a bug.
midscreen phase/restand pre-patch 24% -> last patch 21%
midscreen phase/damage pre-patch 27% -> last patch 25%
wall phase/restand pre-patch 28% -> last patch: 25%
wall phase/damage pre-patch 32% -> last patch: 28%

I know this won't change anything, just pointing out poor communication*

Off topic, but how dope is it to say "us" in reference to NRS? LOL, gdlk.

I'm glad this is staying, it's cool and isn't too good at all, just a few more % damage while risking a stamina bar and dropping the combo.
To you and all other Smoke mains: you can get the same damage without the use of Phase during combos midscreen or in the corner, The 1/17th of a bar (or the situational extra 1%) is not worth the execution.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The meter-less BnB off B21:

B21xTrident, JiP, S4xSmoke Bomb, NjP, S4, F43xTP

Does 31% but leaves you with no real advantage.

Changing it to this BnB here:

B21xTrident, JiP, S4xSmoke Bomb, NjP, S4xPhase, 21, F131

Is pretty easy, does the same damage, corner carries them further, leaves you with an advantage (even if they roll), builds you more meter, and actually gives them less meter during the combo, and it leaves you with options.

You can use @GinTonicTrain 's far Smoke Bomb tech to immediately Oki on wake up if they roll, you can cancel into a second phase back or forward for immediate respoisitioning and still be plus enough to beat all (non-armoured) wake ups even after a roll, or you can cancel into a safe ex Invis set-up, or just do nothing and take your advantage depending on screen position.

Obviously this applies to all combos that start with a standing spear. Up to you guys, but it's what I'm going to be using.