What's new

Smite - who here plays?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Yea I gave anubis a shot. Became painful though haha I hate being ganked with no callout/escape options
Anubis is the only god I like in that game, So I just put up with it.

his ability to take out single gods is awesome, but he's very weak against multiple gods at once, on top of being one of the slower gods in the game. Plus items/evade abilities make it easy to shut his combo down :(

Anubis is the only god I like in that game, So I just put up with it.

his ability to take out single gods is awesome, but he's very weak against multiple gods at once, on top of being one of the slower gods in the game. Plus items/evade abilities make it easy to shut his combo down :(
Oh god, when you get hit by that mummify you know a swift death is coming lol.

I like aprho's playstyle because I've always played healers in games, but man she seems lacking. Gonna keep playing her though. For fun I had a buddy lane with me as ymir. Ended up being a 4v5 for them, at our minotaur. We literally held them off for 25 mins by pure knockback and freezing haha.

PND_Ketchup

Oh god, when you get hit by that mummify you know a swift death is coming lol.

I like aprho's playstyle because I've always played healers in games, but man she seems lacking. Gonna keep playing her though. For fun I had a buddy lane with me as ymir. Ended up being a 4v5 for them, at our minotaur. We literally held them off for 25 mins by pure knockback and freezing haha.
I just find that if I have these items, I can be super dangerous very early in.

1. Doom Orb (can get level 2 straight away while still being able to afford meditation)
2. Shoes of the magi (movement speed and damage, basically it)

3. Gem of isolation (even after mummify ends, they still cant escape because dead hands traps them with slow movement speed)

4. soul reaver (raw damage, if i have 50 stacks of orb and this at level 3, anubis is a one hit kill machine)

5. chronos pendant (at this point in the game there's a lot of group fights, so using dead hands as much as possible is really important, otherwise I'll just die trying to regen my abilities

6. bancroft talon (lifesteal in combination with my passive works wonders, if its at the end Ill never die in group fights unless I get ganked)

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
PND_Mustard GGA Fill Pops

Cool, i'll join that group when I get a chance. Prob tonight.

Yeah, I always pick last so I can fill whatever role the team is lacking. Often it ends up being a tanky initiator which I don't mind. Sobek is prob my favorite god, especially if I have to do solo offlane (which also happens often). I can often go 2-0 or 3-0 in the laning phase 1v2 by throwing fools into the tower when they get too close.

Last night I had the longest game I played so far ~45 mins long. I went 20-2 with Sobek. My team basically was getting their ass kicked the whole game, but I essentially couldnt die and eventually they caught up to level 20 and the field began to level out. The game ended when there was a mexican standoff infront of enemy's mid phoenix and I literally one by one charged in and tossed an enemy back to the team waiting right outside tower range who mopped them up. They just had a bad team comp with no initiators so they had to wait for us to come in.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
PND_Mustard GGA Fill Pops

Cool, i'll join that group when I get a chance. Prob tonight.

Yeah, I always pick last so I can fill whatever role the team is lacking. Often it ends up being a tanky initiator which I don't mind. Sobek is prob my favorite god, especially if I have to do solo offlane (which also happens often). I can often go 2-0 or 3-0 in the laning phase 1v2 by throwing fools into the tower when they get too close.

Last night I had the longest game I played so far ~45 mins long. I went 20-2 with Sobek. My team basically was getting their ass kicked the whole game, but I essentially couldnt die and eventually they caught up to level 20 and the field began to level out. The game ended when there was a mexican standoff infront of enemy's mid phoenix and I literally one by one charged in and tossed an enemy back to the team waiting right outside tower range who mopped them up. They just had a bad team comp with no initiators so they had to wait for us to come in.
Sobek would fit right in with the gods we have right now, I use Ra and Ketchup uses Anubis so we always have healer/sustain and magical DPS, besides the egyptian gods are blatant the coolest in the game. :p

Some of the games can get pretty intense, some of them even last over an hour which is nuts, my Ra build makes me super hard to gank, so i typically hold mid really effectively.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Y'all never invite me to play EVER.

Thinking about trying Ares. The concept of grabs and displacement are always high on my list.
Ao Kuang is still the main.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
WELL I WOULD BE IF SOMEONE INVITED ME TO PLAY! D:
Ketchup and I play practically every evening, I even jump on alone sometimes now i've actually learnt how to play the game enough that i don't get yelled at by assholes every match. trying out loadsa gods in joust practise really helps fighting against them. :D

I just find that if I have these items, I can be super dangerous very early in.

1. Doom Orb (can get level 2 straight away while still being able to afford meditation)
2. Shoes of the magi (movement speed and damage, basically it)

3. Gem of isolation (even after mummify ends, they still cant escape because dead hands traps them with slow movement speed)

4. soul reaver (raw damage, if i have 50 stacks of orb and this at level 3, anubis is a one hit kill machine)

5. chronos pendant (at this point in the game there's a lot of group fights, so using dead hands as much as possible is really important, otherwise I'll just die trying to regen my abilities

6. bancroft talon (lifesteal in combination with my passive works wonders, if its at the end Ill never die in group fights unless I get ganked)

Hmm, I'll give that a go. What actives do you prefer?

PND_Ketchup

Hmm, I'll give that a go. What actives do you prefer?
In all honesty I haven't messed about with actives yet, I really should.

I use beads against certain gods, and I'm guna look into combat blink to try and fix his issue of not being able to escape fights.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
In all honesty I haven't messed about with actives yet, I really should.

I use beads against certain gods, and I'm guna look into combat blink to try and fix his issue of not being able to escape fights.
As Anubis, I recommend using aegis and blink. Blink, as you said, helps his lack of mobility. Aegis is a perfect compliment, giving you some invulnerability to avoid the worst of the opponent's kit and helping either set-up your own kills after, or set-up an escape using blink. Also if you use your aegis in the middle of the dead hands, you have a definite chance to reap the benefits of opponents too eager to back away as you'll still retain the effects while invulnerable and the opponent will be stuck with the resulting debuffs allowing for an easier escape.

While the 5-seconds seems like a huge deal, in reality it still plays into the CDR cap (meaning you'll be incapable of getting less than 50% CDR, or half the cooldown, regardless.) The ability to shake debuffs is nice as Anubis but he isn't an extended-fight hero for the most part so it really doesn't do much that Aegis won't do while making you immune to damages.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Gonna be jumping on in a few minutes, got room for 2 more if any of you guys wanna join :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He posted it just above that one. Also, I've got time for like one game so lets step it up. I've gotta prep for work eventually :p