What's new

Sleeping problems?!?!

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Does anyone have really bad sleeping problems? What are some of the ways you deal with it?

I've found a pretty cool program called flux and I was hoping it could help some of you out.

The way it works is like this. Your mind/body react to different variations of light, your monitor displays picture with Three different colors blue/red/green. Blue light suppresses your mind/body's natural release of melatonin which is a natural chemical in your body that triggers its response to go to bed or feel tired.

What the program does is allows you to adjust the color levels by the time of day or just dim blue light all together. So during the day you could adjust your monitor to show blue light and natural color but by night time it dims the color. Very much like the sun rising/setting but in this case your monitor functions as the sun.

I've found that by using the program my night doesn't feel like it goes by as fast as it normally feels because I am more aware of the time.

Just thought some people would find this interesting and maybe help some people out with sleep issues. It hasn't fixed my sleep issues, but it has definitely helped a little bit.

Here is a link to the program if you want to try it out. Even if you don't have sleep issues I recommend trying it out.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Let me know what you guys think!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Get laid/jerk off.

and listen to relaxing music

i have an mp3 disc with 3 albums on them. Howie B's "Music for Babies". Best album to snooze to. Ever. Soulfly (yes the metal band lol) they have done a soft instrumental song on every album. i took all those and put them into a folder. its amazing. And then, Enigma. not specific album, just a folder of their best songs.

Best music compilation to sleep to lol. :zzzzz:

Small sample:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Exercise more. Every time I exercise, I sleep well that night. Not eating or drinking at least 2 hours before you sleep will also help. Also, don't be on the internet or playing games close to "bed time". Your brain will be too active and it will take awhile to calm it down.

jamessmk

I am your god
Heroin, unfortunately you may sleep for days, or even permanently. Seriously like SAO I have a program called I-doser, and with a good pair of headsets it alters brain patterns and simulates various situation for sleep, attitude, and evn highs. I does work but dont expect it to be a miracle. Best way is to do a little less MK and something more physical. Set a time to sleep and try to stick to it.

If all this fails, do like Tim said and rope one out, 3 or 4 times, then you not only sleep, but sleep with a SMILE :D

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
physical workout routine helps .... and a hot shower as well.

People are different, and their organism responds differently to proposed solutions to sleep well.

My own method just involves me listening to my mp3 player as I lay bed with my eyes closed. Other times I'll read my kindle 'til I'm good to go.