What's new

Tech Skarlets HARA-KIRI

What do u guys think of this move?, How much meter does it give u?, Is it a wise thing to use to get a nice chunk of meter when u absolutely know u will not be able to come back from a large health disadvantage? Discuss the HARA KIRI!!

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Lol I accidentally killed myself in a tag match using her once by doing that cause it was close and I thought I had just enough health to survive. I think it's perfect for chipping someone at the end of a round. It does 6% chip and is hard to avoid from fullscreen and it could be directed. I think its underused and an extremely funny way to beat your opponent

King_David

KH / PTH
Probably a useful tactic when you have a huge life lead. Other than that, IDK? Depends on how much meter she builds on a blocked hara kiri.

Lol I accidentally killed myself in a tag match using her once by doing that cause it was close and I thought I had just enough health to survive. I think it's perfect for chipping someone at the end of a round. It does 6% chip and is hard to avoid from fullscreen and it could be directed. I think its underused and an extremely funny way to beat your opponent
or an extemely funny way to troll :p lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What do u guys think of this move?, How much meter does it give u?, Is it a wise thing to use to get a nice chunk of meter when u absolutely know u will not be able to come back from a large health disadvantage? Discuss the HARA KIRI!!
I used this tech once in a blue moon a few times, specially against rounds i knew it wasn't worth fighting with 1% of lifebar, and the opponent with 2 bars of meter, i just forced them to break then i would kill myself to start the next round with meter advantage

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Its great if you want to kill the round knowing you wont win it and you don't want the opponent to get more meter.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
There's been times when my opponent has had to spend a lot of meter to win in the second round. When this happens I feel no shame in letting mine stockpile then end the round intentionnally with a self inflicted blood ball to take it in the 3rd round. This happens surprisingly often and I think it's legit.

No, of course you aren't looking to lose any rounds but it does happen to work out where a breaker wouldn't make sense, however you could see that you have meter advantage but not life advantage. If there is an advantage in ending the round by suicide I say go for it. Skarlet is the only character that can do this so why not use it.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
There's been times when my opponent has had to spend a lot of meter to win in the second round. When this happens I feel no shame in letting mine stockpile then end the round intentionnally with a self inflicted blood ball to take it in the 3rd round. This happens surprisingly often and I think it's legit.

No, of course you aren't looking to lose any rounds but it does happen to work out where a breaker wouldn't make sense, however you could see that you have meter advantage but not life advantage. If there is an advantage in ending the round by suicide I say go for it. Skarlet is the only character that can do this so why not use it.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
I agree but I also hesitate because if I have lots of meter, I find myself able to comeback fairly easily once I get momentum going. Against large hitbox characters it is even easier. Skarlet has massive comeback factor that shouldnt be ignored.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I agree but I also hesitate because if I have lots of meter, I find myself able to comeback fairly easily once I get momentum going. Against large hitbox characters it is even easier. Skarlet has massive comeback factor that shouldnt be ignored.
Your opinion contrast with the sort of "go big or go home" why risk that if its not the last round?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Your opinion contrast with the sort of "go big or go home" why risk that if its not the last round?
because its not about that...if your opponent doesnt expect it you can get away with more. The second round is just as good a time as any for that. of course there are many factors to consider, I'm just reminding people that her comeback factor is just about better than anyone else in the game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
because its not about that...if your opponent doesnt expect it you can get away with more. The second round is just as good a time as any for that. of course there are many factors to consider, I'm just reminding people that her comeback factor is just about better than anyone else in the game.
No doubt.
Lets say you have only 5% life left but you have 3 bars full.
Your opponent has over 50% life and has no meter, would you fight your way until the end because she has a comeback factor extremely good? or would you kill your self, and start the next round with meter advantage?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No doubt.
Lets say you have only 5% life left but you have 3 bars full.
Your opponent has over 50% life and has no meter, would you fight your way until the end because she has a comeback factor extremely good? or would you kill your self, and start the next round with meter advantage?
who am I fighting? Which character and which player...lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Hehehe
Anyone with good knowledge on Skarlet and any character ^^
Its not that easy. If im fighting kenshi :/ I'll kill myself

If im fighting mileena I'll kill myself

If I'm fighting cage, i'll stick it out

if I'm fighting freddy i'll stick it out

if i'm fighting smoke or lao I'll usually stick it out

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?