What's new

Strategy Skarlet's daggers on crouch block

Certain skarlet normals and strings which cause pushback on block can be canceled into dagger or EN dagger and they will hit a crouching opponent. I tested this out on Jax - a character with a very small hitbox.

These normals work mid-screen:
D+1 xx Dagger
D+3 xx Dagger
112 xx Dagger
B1 1 F4 xx Dagger

And in the corner:
112 xx Dagger
B1 1 F4 xx Dagger

Any dagger can be replaced with enhanced dagger for more advantage if you think your opponent will remain blocking.

I feel using this as pressure is a mix up. Skarlet players may or may not find it useful. The dagger is avoidable through neutral crouch. If your opponent knows it is coming, they can poke out. However, especially in the case of the EN dagger cancel, they will not really have time to react. If you think your opponent will commit to poking, you can block and counter poke or use other means of punishing them.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I feel using this as pressure is a mix up. Skarlet players may or may not find it useful. The dagger is avoidable through neutral crouch. If your opponent knows it is coming, they can poke out. However, especially in the case of the EN dagger cancel, they will not really have time to react. If you think your opponent will commit to poking, you can block and counter poke or use other means of punishing them.
You can train them to Block, if for any reset you manage to cancel an EN dagger Imediatly do F+4, or D+3, F+4 to Red Dash, they will have to keep blocking or will eat another punish. Neutral Crouch or poking Skarlet out of EN Dagger Cancel, will not work against F+4, that move is 13 frames, just like Kabal's F+3.

Once they are aknowledged of they have to keep blocking on ExDagger Cancel, this is where the fun starts, Flesh and Blood to Red Slide to damage 10% on block and build 1 meter, or if you really want to annoy them, start canceling any string to red dash into nothing or into EN Daggers Cancels Randomly ^^