What's new

Guide Skarlet Ultimate Guide

booivi

Good Game :)
Lol shoutouts to people like me who just come and read threads without posting. I love Skarlet in MK9, definitely the most versatile character in MK9. I'm really digging her in MK10 hopefully :)

World G

Noob
In some skarlet combo videos i see something like REDSLIDE cancelled into DOWNSLASH or UPSLASH.
How's that possible? cos ive tried but i cant redslide pushs opponent to the ground

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I've been playing this again lately and have fallen in love all over again. This character... is the most fun character in any fighting game. Also, after the time playing Injustice, and now Ki, I'm coming back to Mk with a lot more experience and am finding that things I found to be hard before, really aren't that hard, most of my bnbs that were a challenge before come out no problem :)

Also, after re-reading this after years, I have to say, that this guide really is quite an accomplishment! Just read this fuckin thing. The NRS community needs more of this kind of action! Good work Skarlet community!

@Ninj @Eddy Wang @RedRaptor10 and others I've forgotten about. I kind of miss our tight Skarlet group :( You just don't see this level of character dedication along with passionate pursuit of vision like we had here.

Also Red, I saw you play on stream last Thursday. Good shit getting out there and leveling up :) I shouted Skarlet at my screen when you picked Deathstroke ;)

ryublaze

Noob
I've been playing this again lately and have fallen in love all over again. This character... is the most fun character in any fighting game. Also, after the time playing Injustice, and now Ki, I'm coming back to Mk with a lot more experience and am finding that things I found to be hard before, really aren't that hard, most of my bnbs that were a challenge before come out no problem :)

Also, after re-reading this after years, I have to say, that this guide really is quite an accomplishment! Just read this fuckin thing. The NRS community needs more of this kind of action! Good work Skarlet community!

@Ninj @Eddy Wang @RedRaptor10 and others I've forgotten about. I kind of miss our tight Skarlet group :( You just don't see this level of character dedication along with passionate pursuit of vision like we had here.

Also Red, I saw you play on stream last Thursday. Good shit getting out there and leveling up :) I shouted Skarlet at my screen when you picked Deathstroke ;)
yea i miss those days, hopefully they'll bring her back in MK10 and we can start grinding out the character again. so much fun

thanks. i didn't do as well as i thought i would with Skarlet, kinda got mopped up off stream lol. i just wanted to rep her though so it's all good. Surprisingly i think there were 2 other skarlet mains there but i don't think they go to TYM. i played Skarlet mirrors with one guy and he was pretty solid.

1 more thing I would like to add to this guide is about her red dash oki. If u notice that after a red slide knockdown if ur opponent tech rolls u can't just dash up and do d4 red dash etc. cuz they'd be too far away for your d4 to reach. Tech rolling was something not many people did so that's why that worked. What i've been doing was immediately going for another red dash cuz they can't avoid the red slide. So after any slide knockdown, i'll do another red dash into slide or overhead mix-up. The only problem is wake-up attacks cuz some will beat it out especially EX wake-ups, but some non EX wake-ups will be beat out or some you can just do an empty red dash and bait and punish. Or u can do a regular dash and they might react to that thinking it's a red dash and do a wake-up attack so then you have the options of dash up and jump over, armor, block and punish etc.

Johnny2d

yea i miss those days, hopefully they'll bring her back in MK10 and we can start grinding out the character again. so much fun

thanks. i didn't do as well as i thought i would with Skarlet, kinda got mopped up off stream lol. i just wanted to rep her though so it's all good. Surprisingly i think there were 2 other skarlet mains there but i don't think they go to TYM. i played Skarlet mirrors with one guy and he was pretty solid.

1 more thing I would like to add to this guide is about her red dash oki. If u notice that after a red slide knockdown if ur opponent tech rolls u can't just dash up and do d4 red dash etc. cuz they'd be too far away for your d4 to reach. Tech rolling was something not many people did so that's why that worked. What i've been doing was immediately going for another red dash cuz they can't avoid the red slide. So after any slide knockdown, i'll do another red dash into slide or overhead mix-up. The only problem is wake-up attacks cuz some will beat it out especially EX wake-ups, but some non EX wake-ups will be beat out or some you can just do an empty red dash and bait and punish. Or u can do a regular dash and they might react to that thinking it's a red dash and do a wake-up attack so then you have the options of dash up and jump over, armor, block and punish etc.
This all makes sense. I like it.

Re-reading it I thought of something to add too. When going over f212,1+2, ex dagger pressure, the guide sort of talks about canceling to upslash if the combo actually hits... however it doesn't go into what to do if the opponent takes the last hit, and you've already input the ex dagger, which happens all the time since some people just take the last hit to avoid getting more pressure, or they just don't know to block the last hit. What I am pretty comfortable doing now, is f212,1+2, ex dagger immediately canceled forward, red dash up slash, then 112 reset. Its not very hard as long as you input very fast when you see them get hit the last hit of your string, usually if this happens you already have your ex dagger input so just chase em down and reset them before they land. It really pisses people off that thought they could get out of the string by getting knocked down... nope you stay on your feet either way sucka.

ryublaze

Noob
This all makes sense. I like it.

Re-reading it I thought of something to add too. When going over f212,1+2, ex dagger pressure, the guide sort of talks about canceling to upslash if the combo actually hits... however it doesn't go into what to do if the opponent takes the last hit, and you've already input the ex dagger, which happens all the time since some people just take the last hit to avoid getting more pressure, or they just don't know to block the last hit. What I am pretty comfortable doing now, is f212,1+2, ex dagger immediately canceled forward, red dash up slash, then 112 reset. Its not very hard as long as you input very fast when you see them get hit the last hit of your string, usually if this happens you already have your ex dagger input so just chase em down and reset them before they land. It really pisses people off that thought they could get out of the string by getting knocked down... nope you stay on your feet either way sucka.
nice, i noticed that too. Skarlet's converts are so awesome, with daggers and red dash she can combo off of anything.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Oki games bro, just watch my lastests footages.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

I wish NRS gives her back to us with improovements, i hella miss these days.

Johnny2d

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
If @NRS brings back @Skarlet in @MK10 I will @BuyanXBOXONE @Immediately and @be the @SkarletModAgain and @GrindTheShitOutOfThatCharacter.
It'd be nice to have you back around mofo. I'm super hype for MK10. If they announce it, hopefully I'll be able to find the time to go HARD at it haha.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This guide could have some updates: The purple letter is what we could update

F+2, 1, 2, 1+2
:r+:bp, :fp, :bp, :fp+:bp
Hit Level: H, H, M, O, M
  • Slow startup (19 frames).
  • Pushes Skarlet forward.
  • Best used after a blocked jiP, or when jailing opponents into stand block with ex dagger cancel up close.
  • Builds almost half a bar of meter on block.
  • Has the highest cancel advantage on block (+25 frames), guaranteeing any rd follow-up.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I want to pick up Skarlet and after seeing this guide....really all im thinking is - what a daunting task to learn this character

She seems to be one of the hardest to learn...if not the hardest

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I want to pick up Skarlet and after seeing this guide....really all im thinking is - what a daunting task to learn this character

She seems to be one of the hardest to learn...if not the hardest
She is a high execution level character, on top of that she is also a high matchup knowledge character, she has tools to everyone in the cast, but requires some training and getting used to it.

In general, skarlet offense can't be shut down completely, there is always a spot where the opponent is not guarding, that is because she takes advantage of ppl reflexes to setup mind games. If you know exactly where they will be guarding, armoring out, or trying to escape, they wil get stuck in between block loops or baitups, and constant punishes, but this require lot of dedication to reach such level.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
She is a high execution level character, on top of that she is also a high matchup knowledge character, she has tools to everyone in the cast, but requires some training and getting used to it.

In general, skarlet offense can't be shut down completely, there is always a spot where the opponent is not guarding, that is because she takes advantage of ppl reflexes to setup mind games. If you know exactly where they will be guarding, armoring out, or trying to escape, they wil get stuck in between block loops or baitups, and constant punishes, but this require lot of dedication to reach such level.
What I'm thinking now is if it's worth it considering MKX's impending release. She seems like a character that can also be very frustrating to use online

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What I'm thinking now is if it's worth it considering MKX's impending release. She seems like a character that can also be very frustrating to use online
She is hardly playable online, but if you want to grande skarlet while you wait for MKX, suit yourself :)