What's new

Tech Skarlet Phantom Knee

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Man you beat me too it. I saw this last night and I recorded a video too. Oh well good stuff.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

AssassiN

Noob
Hmm, isn't this what UsedForGlue meant with phantom hitbox on the F3?
Thanks for showing this man, didn't know you had to do a D3 first.
Was experimenting with F3 after UFG said there was a phantom hitbox, but didn't see it.

Goddamn, just look at the size of that hitbox.
Gonna try experimenting with this.

AssassiN

Noob
If it wasn't 19 friggin frames to come out...
True, but it covers somewhat a big area and if you do it from the correct distance it will punish any D3's.
I've started incorporating F3 to make my way in, but it's disappointing that the frame advantage is not that much.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
True, but it covers somewhat a big area and if you do it from the correct distance it will punish any D3's.
I've started incorporating F3 to make my way in, but it's disappointing that the frame advantage is not that much.
you'll have to use at least f31 when you read its going to hit, if don't rs to avoid blown ups, if the opponent is reading the gap and tries to armor then you can counter read after f21, just in case

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
F3 has always had a large hitbox. F4 still better IMO unless you're doing the F3,3,DF3,EX Downslash mixup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AssassiN

Noob
you'll have to use at least f31 when you read its going to hit, if don't rs to avoid blown ups, if the opponent is reading the gap and tries to armor then you can counter read after f21, just in case
Yeah ok.
But I mean mix-ups, the F3 is -1 on block and has the same animation as going into F31 when putting her leg back on the ground.
That's why I mean by using F3. Going for F3 at one point and going for F31 + RD at another.

Still need to figure out what to do against the people that jump or try to poke out of F31 + RD on block.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dat hitbox. People need to find more normals with such large hitboxes.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Knee Moves are stupid.
Cage f3 ( stupidest )
kabal f4
Skarlet f3
Jade 4 ( kinda )
Sonya 4 ( kinda )
Baraka f4

ryublaze

Noob
I'm away from my game now but didn't he say it doesn't work well vs. crouch? If that's the case then whiff punishing pokes wouldn't work. But yeah her F3 hitbox is pretty weird lol.

I'm away from my game now but didn't he say it doesn't work well vs. crouch? If that's the case then whiff punishing pokes wouldn't work. But yeah her F3 hitbox is pretty weird lol.
Yes it will whiff depending on what they do while crouching, note i havent tried using it on a counter poking opponent, maybe if they stick a limb out there it will hit, also notice from max range i did f3 into dagger, or ex dagger, into another down 3 or d4, into rd, this opens up options for skarlet. And f3 dagger or ex dagger combos max range, where as f3 1 2 1 will whiff

Mosp

Noob
In any situation where you could use f3 I think her f4 is just way better. Leads to high damage, has option selects, and much faster.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In any situation where you could use f3 I think her f4 is just way better. Leads to high damage, has option selects, and much faster.
F4 doesn't blows up D3 as well as F3 does,and F31 deals more damage than F4, but indeed F4 has way more range.

The Phantom F3 hits possibly at the same range where F4 should hit, well, hell...:p

Flagg

Noob
If you look at the Jade video also posted in this thread, I believe that knee blows up a lot of stuff as well as the deceptive range it has, hence why this is better than the seemingly better standing 4 that Skarlet has.

Ghost tech seems to be the new thing in MK! I love this game, always evolving. Nice find Scar, still one of my favourite players to watch.