What's new

Skarlet Official Combo Thread V.1

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

Welcome to the official Skarlet combo guide and thread ! Please share any useful combos you have found and the OP will be updated to provide her best options! This WILL BE FOR HER TOURNAMENT VARIATIONS ONLY!

Table Of Contents
1=Square
2=Triangle
3=X
4=Circle
AMP-Amplify
XX=Cancel

Bloodshed
Dagger Dance-DB1
Bloodport-DU
Blood Ritual- DBF1

Red Mist
Cell Siphon-BF4
Blood Flow-BF2 AMP(Hold F or B to control speed)

Key Normals:
B2(Overhead 22f/3/-17)
F3(Mid 13F/12/-6)

Key Strings:
F34(23F/15/-6)
212(11f/46/-11)
B12(18f/37/-6) *Krushing Blow w Counter Hit

Universal Punishers
212 (13f Punisher)
124 (7f Punisher)
F43(13F Punisher)

Midscreen Universal
212,212,4 4 xx DB4-24%
212, 124, xx BF2 Amp-22% w 9% Health Gain
124 xx DB4-16%

Corner Universal
212,4,4 xx DB4-24%
212,4,4 xx DB3 Amp-25% / +24 Restand
212,4,4 xx BF2 Amp- 24% / + 9% Health Gain
124 xx DB4-16%
124 XX BF2 Amp-15% / + 9% Health Gain

Bloodshed

**All of Skarlet's
Universal BnBs are used for this variation as she does not gain any additional combo moves.

Red Mist

Midscreen
212,4,4 xx BF4-24%
212,4,4 xx BF4 Amp-26% / + 4.5% Health Gain
124 xx BF4-15%
124 xx BF4 Amp-18% / + 4.5% Health Gain
F43 xx BF4-17%
F43 xx BF4 Amp-21% / + 4.5% Health Gain

Skarlet's Corner Game

Skarlet doesn't access any new combos per say in the corner. All of the ones used misdscreen for universal and
Red Mist can be subbed in the corner for roughly the same damage... Except for the RESTAND she has! So Skarlet normally doesn't get to mix up the opponent much but in the corner she gets a 3 way guess from her Blood Trail. Simply end any launching combo(likely with KB D2 OR 212) with DB3 Amp and you will restand the opponent at +24 hit adv. Given this, Skarlet can go low with B12,Grab, or Overhead with B2. This is such a great tool to have for her because it makes her very good in a department where she more or less isn't so hot. It's not amazing but she has it and it is very useful so use that if you would like!Our very own @Eddy Wang has been making great content on not only this restand, but Skarlet in general! Be sure to check these out when you can!

Any Starter , 4,4 xx DB3 Amp / Mix Up of your choice

General Skarlet Gameplan
Skarlet is one of the premier zoners in the entire game but that's not all she offers. She has good buttons in F4,B1,F2,and S2. Standing 2 is a high, but it offers great anti air ability and goes into her 212 which is her main whiff punisher. F4 gives her a mid that enchances her midscreen game immensily and should be used often. Be wary of flawless blockers as Skarlet is one of the easiset characters to FB. To counter you can stagger and throw, stagger and block, or mix up your pressure with 21 xx of your choice(be wary of gaps in pressure). In the corner she becomes somewhat serviceable as a deent mixup character with B2 & B1. You can use the restand tech men
oned above to show your opponent you have other ways to beat them as well. All in all she's a machine at controlling space and when you mix up her zoning she is very hard to deal with in the right hands. As far as characters that can teleport on her, just play it smart and keep it in neutral. Try not to whiff unnecessarily and get punished. Make them come to you!

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The BnB that always lands:
212 212 forward step 44 bf4 OR db4 depending on variation

124 bf4 or db4 depending on variation

I am wondering how long this combo list will be. :D

A found this corner combo practical - it is not optimal - maybe you can count it as a beginner version lol.
B34, 212, 4xxDB4B

With Siphon ender you have more room than with tentacle.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Gonna start updating the thread today after work. She may not have tons of combos but that’s fine . She’s a strong zoner and has great options in the corner and midscreen as well

bf3 is an underrated move.
It is literally the only super i can get off of the low starters to connect.
Not to mention, in the corner, it pretty much owns. 212, 21xbf3, low jump 3, 124

bf3 is an underrated move.
It is literally the only super i can get off of the low starters to connect.
Not to mention, in the corner, it pretty much owns. 212, 21xbf3, low jump 3, 124
Good point. I guess everybody works on fundamentals first. Fancy stuff can go later.

I was thinking about amp BF2 combos too to get health back. But probably it will not worth it.
124xxbf2 as a punisher instead of tentacle without siphon. I dont remember it worked probably not lol. I will test it. But even if it works it might not worth.

life back with bf2 is way better than siphon now. i feel like after beta, siphon got nerfed hard
Better but can not be used after 212 long bnb and it does not really provide good oki game either. Thats why I said it is probably not worth putting into combo...
Maybe for button cancels but thats not practical either.
Need to be considered as an option.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Hmmmm...thinks....Uncle JBeezY has a cheeky lil set up ;)

Can somebody test this for me?

S3 XX db3 AMP then do the 212 combo.

I want to see if the AMP blood trail can keep the opponent trapped enough close range to do the 212 combo. If so, then thats huge!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Gonna start updating the thread today after work. She may not have tons of combos but that’s fine . She’s a strong zoner and has great options in the corner and midscreen as well
She dominates in the corner with her range, being cornered by Skarlet its basically the worst position any character can be, she pretty much outranges and her overhead low mixup its kinda annoying to deal with, the overhead might be slow but she can react to people standing up and hit them with B3

She is also more around neutral rather than huge setups, pretty straight forward play.

Corner combo from jump in or punish.
124 xxbf3amp d1 12 xxbf4
Nice finding. With DB4 ender (for heart piece) it is a bit strict but without D1 it is still connects for 257 damage! it is approx. 100 more than 124xxDB4.
124xxBF3 amp, 12xxDB4B (256.98)
Another good thing to spend the offensive bar with heart pierce on. :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
B34, D1, 124xxDB4 is 229.
B34, 212, 4xxDB4 is 250.

Is there any advantage of the D1 combo you posted? Difficulty looks pretty the same (both of them can be dropped :) ).
In case of escape you might need to "break confirm" 212 to 21 not to be punished lol.
I use this one because i can hit it pretty consistently.

I've been using 212 44 DB3(amp) in the corner. It's a re-stand that's +23. I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing newer players, (pretty new myself), but I've been having a great time in the corner with Skarlet.

This is potentially fake as I don't know what qualifies as a true stagger but I've been mixing up F3, F3xxDB4B, F34xxDB4B, 4, 44, 4xxDB4D, F34. Obviously, throws are amazing after the initial re-stand from DB3(amp).

If I ever a combo into a re-stand out or they block 44s into block advantage, I'll sometimes back up and start throwing B3 and B2 checks. Also, if you can ever guess when they are fed up and want to mash out, get a parry off, I feel like they are totally demoralized after also having to worry about the parry. As I said, I'm sure there are tons of ways to get out of it but it still looks super frustrating to deal with. So much so that it's completely changed my game plan with Skarlet. My whole goal now is to just get them in the corner by any means necessary.

Man if we ever get custom variations, the Red Mist ability is amazing for this strategy. You can use 212 212 44xx Red Mist and it's also a meterless re-stand, that puts up a DoT aura to make this pressure even worse.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Combos I use with Blood Drive:

Midscreen:
212 212 44 bf4-amplified
212 212 44 db4
212 212 f2 bf4-amplified
f43 bf4-amplified
124 db4
124 bf4-amplified
212 212 Fatal Blow
D2-Krushing Blow f2 bf4-amplified
jk3 bf4-amplified

Corner:
B34 44 bf4-amplified
B34 212 12 bf4-amplified
B34 212 44 bf4-amplified
B34 212 212 Fatal Blow

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
When do you think NRS will just allow bf3 amp to launch midscreen and not be almost totally useless?

The only thing i've been using it for is instead of reading a tech roll and throwing... just using this raw. It launches them BACK into the corner.

When do you think NRS will just allow bf3 amp to launch midscreen and not be almost totally useless?

The only thing i've been using it for is instead of reading a tech roll and throwing... just using this raw. It launches them BACK into the corner.
That’s cool. Never would have thought that. But ya I feel like something is incomplete about that move. Too much recovery on hit I think.