What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
CSZ: 4-6

I have to agree with it since zoning can potentially be a problem since CSZ has universal problems with zoning ;_;

However, slide can be parried, CSZ has a faster normal that leads to combos (Standing 1 is 9 frames vs Skarlet's 10)

Skarlet has no reliable way to punish a well-placed divekick but Skarlet has ways to discourage divekicks with iAD into reset....and Skarlet has REAAAAALLY scary damage. CSZ gets damage against a Skarlet who is afraid to wakeup outside of EX Dash or Teleport. These wakeups can be read though.

So yes, a 6-4...and if I believed in decimals....6-4 :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
People actually use the Tombstone?or (or butt/back slam) as I call it lol. Tombstone I think of Dairou lol.I prefer to cancel it and fake people out.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I dont have a ton of MU exp in this one. You might be right. Metzos...any thoughts? I'm conflicted
We have a Skarlet player here in Greece and i have played this MU alot. Although i dont have extensive experience though, it seems like a 5-5 MU probably. Skarlet requires bars to break in Ermac's zoning with EX dashes and TKP beats her regular tp. It could be in Skarlet's favor though cause i have seen what she can do if she is played at the highest level. And no if Ermac does a max range TKP Skarlet does not have free dash pressure. TKP done at max range covers almost 3/4 of the screen and if Skarlet attempts to do anything else after the dash she will get punished. Ermac has enough time to recover from that distance.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
We have a Skarlet player here in Greece and i have played this MU alot. Although i dont have extensive experience though, it seems like a 5-5 MU probably. Skarlet requires bars to break in Ermac's zoning with EX dashes and TKP beats her regular tp. It could be in Skarlet's favor though cause i have seen what she can do if she is played at the highest level. And no if Ermac does a max range TKP Skarlet does not have free dash pressure. TKP done at max range covers almost 3/4 of the screen and if Skarlet attempts to do anything else after the dash she will get punished. Ermac has enough time to recover from that distance.
Yea. His lack of armor mkes it difficult for him to get out once she is in. Dagger cancel lead ins are important in spacing him out properly.

she doesnt beat liu, he has a serious zoning advantage and footsies fine against her and has good enough recovery from most distances to block red dash, yes its hard to deal with her pressure but he has the advantage in other areas

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
she doesnt beat liu, he has a serious zoning advantage and footsies fine against her and has good enough recovery from most distances to block red dash, yes its hard to deal with her pressure but he has the advantage in other areas
I might agree with it being even. But he doesn't really have an advantage zoning. You can't really zone skarlet. One eh red dash and she is in. And with his large hitbox he has a harder time than most getting out. And eats more f2 strings for more damage.

I would need to run it more but I can't argue beyond ^

It has to be played out.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
What L0rdoftheFLY said. I believe Liu is susceptible to Skarlet's teleport on reaction (could be wrong on this). Up close it's a gamble, though Skarlet does have the armor. His Parry doesn't do much vs her since D4 into empty dash pressure is a go-to, same with how Smoke's EX shake doesn't typically mean much vs her, or CSZ parry for that matter.

All that said, I can see it being 5-5. Personally I see it being 6-4 Skarlet but I've never seen top level play in this mu.

ryublaze

Noob
Ermac skarlet is most likely 5-5.Possibly in ermac favour, but i refuse to belive it is in skarlets favour.
I played shady's skarlet and it was not a hard mu at all. Jer also used to play her a bit and i felt the same.

Skarlet can not out zone ermac or zone him in any fashion.

Has everyone forgot about ducking?
How can skarlet beat me in a zoning war if i just sit there holding duck?
She isn't doing shit. I need to wait once, and tkp in between her daggers.

Up close skarlet is not all that big of a threat.
There are videos you can watch, where large hitbox characters are able to avoid the ex dagger blockstrings.
She is not going to stay in once she does get in.

IAFB is an amazing poke/counter-poke and overall amazing spacing tool.
Skarlet is not going to be poking around at ermac when he can iafb everything she does.

Slides without armor ? She gets TKP'd back to full screen or she can just be lifted lol.

No one punishes her up/down slashes. Ermac punishes are 40%. and skarlet will be back at mid screen.
I haven't seen or played Shady's or Jer's Skarlet so I can't really say anything about that.

Idk who outzones who but all I'll say is that many people underrate Skarlet's zoning. If the Skarlet player's on point with dagger cancels, it's hard to do anything besides armor/dash+d3 between daggers. I'm not sure if Ermac can telepush between daggers when they're done as fast as possible. Also if you're just ducking underneath daggers she's gaining meter quickly.

Ermac's large hitbox makes Skarlet's upclose game better because she can EX Dagger after a reset into F2, 1, 2, 1+2, and her standing 1 will hit him on crouch block. Ermac also lacks armor to escape 1, 1, 4 after a standing reset. Not sure what videos you are referring to.

A good Skarlet won't be doing random red dashes in the neutral game against Ermac. If she does get sent back to mid/fullscreen it isn't too hard for Skarlet to get back in.

I can see it being 5-5 but 6-4 is a possibility IMO.

What L0rdoftheFLY said. I believe Liu is susceptible to Skarlet's teleport on reaction (could be wrong on this). Up close it's a gamble, though Skarlet does have the armor. His Parry doesn't do much vs her since D4 into empty dash pressure is a go-to, same with how Smoke's EX shake doesn't typically mean much vs her, or CSZ parry for that matter.

All that said, I can see it being 5-5. Personally I see it being 6-4 Skarlet but I've never seen top level play in this mu.

lius parry is the same in almost everymatchup, i can low fireball you if i think ur going low, teleporting on reaction is extremely risky because liu kang has some of the best recovery in the game, i feel like its more of a read. The only thing that i would argue about the matchup that makes it in skarlets favor his her pressure and his high hitbox.

ryublaze

Noob
I definitely agree with Skarlet vs. Cage and Skarlet vs. Sonya being 5-5. I used to think they were 4-6 but Skarlet's keepaway game is super good. Up close it's hard for Skarlet but at mid/fullscreen they have a hard time getting in. Also blood ball comes in handy in these matchups. It might be 4-6 Sonya but idk I need to play that match more.

As for Liu, I think it's 6-4 Skarlet's favor.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I definitely agree with Skarlet vs. Cage and Skarlet vs. Sonya being 5-5. I used to think they were 4-6 but Skarlet's keepaway game is super good. Up close it's hard for Skarlet but at mid/fullscreen they have a hard time getting in. Also blood ball comes in handy in these matchups. It might be 4-6 Sonya but idk I need to play that match more.

I'm confident that Skarlet-Sonya is 6-4. Cage is definitely a 5-5, possibly 4-6...I wish I'd gotten more games at Raleigh with Dizzy. He was very good at moving through Skarlet's keepaway game which is a huge issue for Skarlet. If Cage can consistently move through that pressure, it turns the tide quickly, as Skarlet's EX Dash's can be baited and punished...I've been on the receiving end of it. Perhaps I'm just too obvious with when I'm going to EX Dash though.

i feel like liu is super underrated though, and his rushdown is underutilized to its potential.

Reactions: zaf

zaf

professor
I haven't seen or played Shady's or Jer's Skarlet so I can't really say anything about that.

Idk who outzones who but all I'll say is that many people underrate Skarlet's zoning. If the Skarlet player's on point with dagger cancels, it's hard to do anything besides armor/dash+d3 between daggers. I'm not sure if Ermac can telepush between daggers when they're done as fast as possible. Also if you're just ducking underneath daggers she's gaining meter quickly.

Ermac's large hitbox makes Skarlet's upclose game better because she can EX Dagger after a reset into F2, 1, 2, 1+2, and her standing 1 will hit him on crouch block. Ermac also lacks armor to escape 1, 1, 4 after a standing reset. Not sure what videos you are referring to.

A good Skarlet won't be doing random red dashes in the neutral game against Ermac. If she does get sent back to mid/fullscreen it isn't too hard for Skarlet to get back in.

I can see it being 5-5 but 6-4 is a possibility IMO.

Like I made in huge cap letters. I just need to sit there and duck with no block.
I really have not played a skarlet with that much patience to sit there and shoot daggers for a longer period of time.
Not worried at the meter she is building. Also if I have the life lead, you are wasting your time shooting daggers endlessly when I literally need to do nothing( unless it is really a small amount, to finish making 1 bar).

Ermac has a large hitbox, but he can avoid ex dagger if she does it with 112.
I know its just one block-string, I thought it was all.

You can't really say a good skarlet wont be doing red dashes. A lot of the time, some of the red dashes or even sub zero slides are not random although they seem like it. They are in fact reads, but some might be just out of ranged to where they can be blocked on reaction. It's also the same thing as raiden checking someone with superman. I really wasn't even saying that people even do random slides. I was just saying that red slides are slight easy to punish on reaction before you get hit.

Here is that video btw.

zaf

professor
i feel like liu is super underrated though, and his rushdown is underutilized to its potential.
liu is mad underrated, i been dabbling with him in training sessions lately ( raiden as well) to get a better understanding of them, for when i fight them.

All i got to say is that from playing liu and playing against skarlet, I would see liu winning this MU.

I believe his rushdown is superior to skarlets.

He has some really good normals, and a lot of normals that set up for counter poke whiff punishing. Such as his b1. Has the perfect spacing after that, so that if the opponent whiffs something after he does it, he can punish. I see this beating skarlet more so then what she can do to him. They both kind of want to be close to the opponent, so I can see this up close fighting heavily favoring that of full screen/projectile play in matches.

ryublaze

Noob
Like I made in huge cap letters. I just need to sit there and duck with no block.
I really have not played a skarlet with that much patience to sit there and shoot daggers for a longer period of time.
Not worried at the meter she is building. Also if I have the life lead, you are wasting your time shooting daggers endlessly when I literally need to do nothing( unless it is really a small amount, to finish making 1 bar).

Ermac has a large hitbox, but he can avoid ex dagger if she does it with 112.
I know its just one block-string, I thought it was all.

You can't really say a good skarlet wont be doing red dashes. A lot of the time, some of the red dashes or even sub zero slides are not random although they seem like it. They are in fact reads, but some might be just out of ranged to where they can be blocked on reaction. It's also the same thing as raiden checking someone with superman. I really wasn't even saying that people even do random slides. I was just saying that red slides are slight easy to punish on reaction before you get hit.

Here is that video btw.
Yeah but the meter she builds is going to be used for EX Red Dash to get in. and yeah it depends on who has lifelead too.

No one is going to be doing 112 ex dagger on crouch block. That was already considered a gimmick. It doesn't matter if you're a high or low hitbox character. EX Dagger is going to be used after 112 on hit into f2, 1, 2, 1+2 on high hitbox characters or if the opponent is stand blocking so she can continue her blockstring.

You are right about the red dash being punished with TKP but still Skarlets aren't going to be doing that a lot in the neutral game. If she's going to get in she's going to use EX Red Dash or dash block. When I want to use Red Dash to get in I do it whenever my opponent's knocked down like after a breaker or if I throw a dagger from fullscreen and Red Dash so they have to block or duck the dagger so I won't be punished while doing Red Dash.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
liu is mad underrated, i been dabbling with him in training sessions lately ( raiden as well) to get a better understanding of them, for when i fight them.

All i got to say is that from playing liu and playing against skarlet, I would see liu winning this MU.

I believe his rushdown is superior to skarlets.

He has some really good normals, and a lot of normals that set up for counter poke whiff punishing. Such as his b1. Has the perfect spacing after that, so that if the opponent whiffs something after he does it, he can punish. I see this beating skarlet more so then what she can do to him. They both kind of want to be close to the opponent, so I can see this up close fighting heavily favoring that of full screen/projectile play in matches.
At the highest level...(taking people out of it) her rush down is superior to most characters...even cage to an extent (although too different to really compare)

What makes her rushdown great is that its just a tool to help her build meter. The damage she gives from it is a bonus. That damage on block from one string is a minimum of 9% at the cost of one bar of meter (but she builds 3/4 of that bar back with that one string).

If she chooses she can extend her pressure in one of two ways (over simplification):
1) eh dagger into more strings on stand block for an extra 11% (rinse and repeat)
2) eh over head on crouch block for a loss of meter but an extra 35% into reset (rinse and repeat)

The glory is that you have to make an extraordinary read to get out of her pressure where as for someone like kang, armor slide is an easy out but also counter poking with d3 (the best d3 in the game with kenshi, shang, mileena, noob etc...) sets up her offense easily.

so all that to say...at the highest possible level, without human error, Skarlet wins 6-4 imo. That is the basis on all the MU on the first page.