What's new

Question Skarlet...free?

Well I bought the Season Pass....but I can't use skarlett...I'm starting to feel ripped off especially if people are getting her for free, and I paid and still don't get to play her.

This is bolshit, I bought the f'ing season pass and I can't even download skarlet. It says she is 1200 ms points. F you netherrealms, that was the last straw. After ETC I might just drop MK and convert my cabinet into an ssf cabinet. So sick of this shit.

This is bolshit, I bought the f'ing season pass and I can't even download skarlet. It says she is 1200 ms points. F you netherrealms, that was the last straw. After ETC I might just drop MK and convert my cabinet into an ssf cabinet. So sick of this shit.
Don't give up on MK just yet dude. NRS goofed up big time it seems, I'm sure they'll get their shit together shortly and reimburse you folks that paid for it and possible even release another hotfix or something to disable Skarlet for those of us that didn't pay.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
So this is pretty much annoying. How is it they have yet to get their act together? I understand when people say you need to be patient, but it honestly is a screw up, on top of screw up, on top of screw up. What I don't understand, why not take the time and make a QUALITY game? Couldn't some of these issues be avoided? Maybe if they took the time to plan everything and beta test the hell out of this, this crap wouldn't be happening. I rather wait an extra year, and get a better polished game.

This is in response to balancing, netcode, glitches, downloadable content, and everything else. They fix one thing and 4 others things go wrong. I haven't been able to play a game without de-syncing on me. And it's not my connection that's for damn sure.

Note:
I've been thinking, maybe we should all as community write an extensive letter of complaint, issues we have with the game, balancing suggestions, and anything else of concern. Something like a petition, I figure as a whole, they can't really ignore us. And have someone from the community, who is well known and respected deliver our complaints. I understand they look at certain things, but I feel that we'd probably get more done by voicing our concerns collectively instead of individually. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but one can dream.

Don't give up on MK just yet dude. NRS goofed up big time it seems, I'm sure they'll get their shit together shortly and reimburse you folks that paid for it and possible even release another hotfix or something to disable Skarlet for those of us that didn't pay.
Yeah but then all the casuals that think they got a free character will feel ripped off when they lose her. They just botched things again big time, and I am having my optimism stone slowly chipped away. And I really am not a big street fighter fan, I just want a dependable product. Ideally a well made MK would make my fighting game days.

Sleepy

Noob
@TRMK Skarlet is completely free with the compatibility pack, Available in all modes. And I bought the season pass, Don't I feel dumb. Weird?

TRMK TRMK - Mortal Kombat
@
@SIeepy It's a glitch that wont last for long. Be proud you gave money to the hard working devs at NetherRealm.

Sporko

Noob
You know, I discovered a similar "problem" recently.

I discovered I now have the classic mileena/kitana/ninja costumes....which I never bought.

I have them offline, not only online.

You know, I discovered a similar "problem" recently.

I discovered I now have the classic mileena/kitana/ninja costumes....which I never bought.

I have them offline, not only online.
See with my piss poor luck, I never land free stuff like that ;D ... so lucky you.

Sporko

Noob
See with my piss poor luck, I never land free stuff like that ;D ... so lucky you.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, a week or two ago I had to purchase a new kombat pass because the game somehow forgot I entered mine and asked me for it again after I threw it out. So the costumes were free, but I spent an extra 10 bucks on a second kombat pass.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, a week or two ago I had to purchase a new kombat pass because the game somehow forgot I entered mine and asked me for it again after I threw it out. So the costumes were free, but I spent an extra 10 bucks on a second kombat pass.
Next time make a forum post, I have seen extra combat passes floating around on here from time to time.

Got mine working, deleted the season pass and the compatability patch, redownloaded, and even tho it still says at the ingame store 1200 points for skarlet, I can play her online and off now. Dunno but maybe that'll help someone else too

Zebster

How's my volume?
Well you for sure can't use her for free in the PSN version. I dl'd the compatability pack to see if it was the same in PSN but it doesn't seem to be.

I also tried this on PSN and it doesn't work. I wanted to give her a test drive before I bought, but I went ahead and bought her anyways.

Just wanted to point out that i downloaded the compatability pack and still got scarlett.

have other found this to be true? if so it's a real kick in the teeth for anyone who bought her for 400ms or the season pass for 1200ms.
not really. i doubt they will let you keep her for free.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Am I blind or just stupid? I dont see the compatability pack anywhere on PSN.. but Skarlet is available for DL.

Where is it??

Am I blind or just stupid? I dont see the compatability pack anywhere on PSN.. but Skarlet is available for DL.

Where is it??
check the marketplace. they took compatibility patch off the in-game menu because thats how people were downloading skarlet for free.

aj1701

Noob
WTH!!?? thats wierd... I bought her but for some reason can't play with her online against someone who doesnt have her also... I thought the compatibility pack was mandatory?? anybody know whats going on there?
Sadly its not. And without it, you don't seem to be able to use ANY DLC or Kratos, which is lame. Everyone with a PS3 has Kratos..

aj1701

Noob
Sadly its not. And without it, you don't seem to be able to use ANY DLC or Kratos, which is lame. Everyone with a PS3 has Kratos..
I got it by going to Extras, Check for new content, then a big screen with Skarlet comes up. You can hit right, and that should be the compatibity pack. Right again gets you to the Klassic Costumes DLC.

I bought it, a friend just got the compat back. It works like you'd expect it. I can pick, she can't.

Also, people that don't have the pack at all prevent you from using ANY DLC OR Kratos, for some reason I can't fathom.

Abudabi

Noob
well they already fixed the issue so shouldn't this thread be closed. People will get the wrong impression and misinterpret the title for the other "free"

Tw1sted

Noob
i got matched up in player matching with someone who didn't have the pack so of coursed i left the game because i'm only interested in playing skarlet atm. i sent him a message about the pack and he got it so we invited each other to private match to play for a while and learn some things. he couldn't pick skarlet while i was playing him, but he messaged me that in his other matches and in training mode he was able to play her.

New Here

Hey guys...m new here...wazzupp

i dunno if this has already been addressed in another thread or what...but im gonna ask neways...i bought skarlet n dwnloded n installed it too...but shes not showin up in the char screen...even when im offline. i dunno why :confused:

Can nebody help me plz.