What's new

General/Other Skarlet 50% BnB competition attempt

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
fr stack Eddy Wang RedRaptor10

This is the best theory I have so far - it's basically fr stack's combo but with U3,DF1 added...unfortunately, I think I'm gonna need my hitbox (arrives monday) to test it since 360 pad is garbage and only makes me angry :)

B2,DB2 x U3,DF1 x 2,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 for an extra 1%...so far I can't get the timing.

Another one I thought might be possible but I'm not sure it is:

B2,DB2 x U3,DF1 x B2,DF3,B2 -- / xx 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2

Remember the rule - a midscreen resets requires the 1 in 1,1,2 to be the 7th hit at the latest. The first down slash launcher is included in this count!
I work well with the 360, so i will try and have an answer by tomorrow, now i'm sleepy already and i'm off to bed ^^

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Ninj ive a couple of questions in the second combo u listed above wots this mean -- / xx
also about the combo rule does it start the count after they get popped up??? so could i use f21 starter without the extra gravity?
heres a 47% i found really easy to do :: b2 rd downslash u3 23 rd upslash 2 rd upslash 23 rd slide

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ninj ive a couple of questions in the second combo u listed above wots this mean -- / xx
also about the combo rule does it start the count after they get popped up??? so could i use f21 starter without the extra gravity?
heres a 47% i found really easy to do :: b2 rd downslash u3 23 rd upslash 2 rd upslash 23 rd slide
I meant stand still / dash forward with -- / xx because I wasn't sure which one would make the combo work, if it can work in the first place.

Correct - so for example:

F3,1,DF3,B2 - the B2 (down slash) is #1. If you want to reset your opponent, the "1" in 1,1,2 must be #7 in your combo. Note: this is only the rule for midscreen - corner follows different rules.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
fr stack Eddy Wang RedRaptor10

This is the best theory I have so far - it's basically fr stack's combo but with U3,DF1 added...unfortunately, I think I'm gonna need my hitbox (arrives monday) to test it since 360 pad is garbage and only makes me angry :)

B2,DB2 x U3,DF1 x 2,DF3,B2 -- 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2 for an extra 1%...so far I can't get the timing.

Another one I thought might be possible but I'm not sure it is:

B2,DB2 x U3,DF1 x B2,DF3,B2 -- / xx 2,DF3,B2 xx 1,1,2

Remember the rule - a midscreen resets requires the 1 in 1,1,2 to be the 7th hit at the latest. The first down slash launcher is included in this count!
Man, you guys are nuts. I've been trying and not sure the extra 1% is worth it by doing u3 df1, having to dash after that adds a whole other variable. On the other hand I'm amazed at how easy the 47% bnb reset is. 47% meterless, EASY bnb is crazy.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
i don't always film combos

but when i do

i do them for skarlet

jip b2 downslash b2 downslash 2 slide downslash 2 slide upslash uppercut

Ninj

i don't always film combos

but when i do

i do them for skarlet

jip b2 downslash b2 downslash 2 slide downslash 2 slide upslash uppercut
Sorry man, you're late to the party. This combo has been around for a very long time. As far as I know, CD jr made that combo. :)

fr stack

found another 48% (jip 51%) b2 rd downslash u3 3 rd downslash 3 rd upslash 3 rd slide
also found another way of startin high damage combos this could be how someone breaks the damage cap its - b2 rd downslash rd downslash b2 rd downslash ;)

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
Sorry man, you're late to the party. This combo has been around for a very long time. As far as I know, CD jr made that combo. :)
i know it, i seen chris g rocking that shit during his short skarlet stint, just didn't see anyone else in the thread mention it as it does over 47%

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
found another 48% (jip 51%) b2 rd downslash u3 3 rd downslash 3 rd upslash 3 rd slide
also found another way of startin high damage combos this could be how someone breaks the damage cap its - b2 rd downslash rd downslash b2 rd downslash ;)
Ahhhh....I was messing with that too but I didn't want to talk about it till I messed with it more. Darn you. What you have so far?

Ninj

I was also messing with that. I'm waiting until Monday to continue my messings with. None of you better beat me to the punch in 24 hours!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
My go to combo for 50% is with the use of one bar.

I don't mind, because 50% for one bar is great in my book.

JIP, F32 Overhead, U3 Dagger, 2 Dagger, 112 :ex Dagger - Throw = 50%

I love it, it also conditions the tech of the throw, and most of the time opens up your B11F4 after the combo allot more.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My go to combo for 50% is with the use of one bar.

I don't mind, because 50% for one bar is great in my book.

JIP, F32 Overhead, U3 Dagger, 2 Dagger, 112 :ex Dagger - Throw = 50%

I love it, it also conditions the tech of the throw, and most of the time opens up your B11F4 after the combo allot more.
We are pushing the limits here glue. Pushing them through the ceiling. Once we reach the top we can talk about and settle on what's practical.

UsedForGlue

No problem.

I just don't trust myself to do 23 RD B2, 2 RD B2 in combos, as in the heat of the moment I don't want to be thinking about my execution, just playing.

I am defiantly not the guy to work this sort of damage out, but I look forward to seeing what others come up with :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No problem.

I just don't trust myself to do 23 RD B2, 2 RD B2 in combos, as in the heat of the moment I don't want to be thinking about my execution, just playing.

I am defiantly not the guy to work this sort of damage out, but I look forward to seeing what others come up with :)
You say this but as the character evolves, so will the need for execution. I mean I hate using Kabal as an example but his bnb changed many times and each time they required higher levels of execution. We will see where the wheel stops

UsedForGlue

You say this but as the character evolves, so will the need for execution. I mean I hate using Kabal as an example but his bnb changed many times and each time they required higher levels of execution. We will see where the wheel stops
I think the characters execution needs to be brought down to a certain level, to the point where they should be focusing on other aspects of the fight and not always worrying about the combo or having that burden.

Kabal players can focus on execution as they don't need to worry about a footsie game, AA, or even what sort of reaction they should be in when their strings are blocked, nor do they need to make the same advancements as Skarlet players do.

So I feel her execution needs to be as practical as possible in order to focus on the fight. Although, if you can land ridiculous combos through muscle memory, then all the better I suppose.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think the characters execution needs to be brought down to a certain level, to the point where they should be focusing on other aspects of the fight and not always worrying about the combo or having that burden.

Kabal players can focus on execution as they don't need to worry about a footsie game, AA, or even what sort of reaction they should be in when their strings are blocked, nor do they need to make the same advancements as Skarlet players do.

So I feel her execution needs to be as practical as possible in order to focus on the fight. Although, if you can land ridiculous combos through muscle memory, then all the better I suppose.
I agree to an extent but when I watch reo play kabal I see footsies there. I also see a barrage of iaf and dash cancels but I see footsies also. That's what separates the reo's and kevos from the LOTF kabal. But the muscle memory will come eventually. And when it does skarlet will take her rightful place on the thrown of MK9.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Is it possible to do a kind of d2, f4, up slash, dash, upercut, f4 following ? Oo; Eddy ?

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Here is a Skarlet 48% no meter midscreen combo that I posted on April 10th. I can get 50% midscreen I think, at least 49%. I will see what I can do. Has anyone gotten 50% midscreen no meter yet? If not, is 48% midscreen the highest so far?

fr stack

Here is a Skarlet 48% no meter midscreen combo that I posted on April 10th. I can get 50% midscreen I think, at least 49%. I will see what I can do. Has anyone gotten 50% midscreen no meter yet? If not, is 48% midscreen the highest so far?

48% wit no jump in punch
the combo has to be meterless and midscreen

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I knew this one from Chris G and aNinj :

But they seem to ask a 50% midscreen no JiP no wall no meter reset (1, 1, 2) combo. I guess that shit is impossible without a glitch xD
Maybe we can make 50% adding what happens next to the combo ? (hits on block 100% safe followed)

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
48% wit no jump in punch
the combo has to be meterless and midscreen
I messed around with her for about 30 minutes earlier, and I came up with 52% no meter midscreen with jump in punch. After re-reading the thread, this starts out like the one fr stack mentioned at the first of the thread that is 51% damage.

I think I might be able to get higher damage if I put some more time into it. I will see what I can do.

**EDIT**
Just found another way to get to 52% no meter midscreen, and its jip,b2,db2-u3-3,red dash,b2-2,3,red dash,b2-3,red dash,4. It seems there are about 3 or 4 ways to get 52% no meter midscreen, all starting with jip,b2,db2-u3

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I messed around with her for about 30 minutes earlier, and I came up with 52% no meter midscreen with jump in punch. After re-reading the thread, this starts out like the one fr stack mentioned at the first of the thread that is 51% damage.

I think I might be able to get higher damage if I put some more time into it. I will see what I can do.

**EDIT**
Just found another way to get to 52% no meter midscreen, and its jip,b2,db2-u3-3,red dash,b2-2,3,red dash,b2-3,red dash,4. It seems there are about 3 or 4 ways to get 52% no meter midscreen, all starting with jip,b2,db2-u3
DAMN

Tyler doesn't disappoint.

What about the double down slash. Combos

Example:
Jip b2 red dash down slash, red dash down slash, etc...

fr stack

**EDIT**
we seriously need a tyler lantern smiley template :tonyt
good shit man :D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

**EDIT**
Good Shit Tyler, i think its a bit easier too ^^