What's new

General/Other Sinestro R.I.P. 2013-He never was allowed to live

this thread is hilarious. frame data doesnt play a big role if you dont take the tactics of the character into account. and these are not developed yet. if he was a rushdown character with that framedata hed be bad, but he isnt. if he had a hard time getting hits landed his damage would be bad, but he doesnt (im talking to you db1). i can see some stuff on the positive side, like his great zoning tools (i hope you are aware negative frames on projectiles dont have the same effect as in melee), some air db3 dirt, his amazing b3, the db1 for combo setups, a pretty good d2 anti air and actually he has a +5 string. burying that character before hes even explored doesnt make a sense.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I guess this thread is serious?... I thought it was a joke.

Sinestro seems fun. Will likely be playing him. Will find a way to make him work.

Owerbart

I miss you
It's funny because I entered Sinestro's forum and the first thing I see is wow Pig is on the lab with this guy, let's see some interesting stuff, and then just lowering my eyes a tad bit I see this post, lol. Still, I think Sinestro is viable. As stated above, he has some really effective tools, and Paulo Garcia already confirmed that the Frame Data shown in the game is wrong. Also, is better to detect this flaws in the character now and not in some months, so Sinestro (if he really is unplayable) can be fixed for the next patch.

Taking a longshot, if MvC players catch up on Injustice, this game might really see some deep exploration, as well as more dedicated patches.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
M
this thread is hilarious. frame data doesnt play a big role if you dont take the tactics of the character into account. and these are not developed yet. if he was a rushdown character with that framedata hed be bad, but he isnt. if he had a hard time getting hits landed his damage would be bad, but he doesnt (im talking to you db1). i can see some stuff on the positive side, like his great zoning tools (i hope you are aware negative frames on projectiles dont have the same effect as in melee), some air db3 dirt, his amazing b3, the db1 for combo setups, a pretty good d2 anti air and actually he has a +5 string. burying that character before hes even explored doesnt make a sense.
I'm pretty sure I know what frames are in melee situations and zoning properties lol

I have been the #1 zoner in mk9 for a whole so yea thanks

I also understand when a move is more than -30 frames negative its a problem

How much a problem? 3/4 screen it's a free 45% punish for frost , flash gets 12%, lex mid screen gets bf2 into free armor (now sinestro has to wake up which guess what .....? he has none) NW gets 21% 3/4 and 36% mid , list goes on

I'm sorry but if u think this character is viable currently then it's u I question. He is this way because people bitches about him constantly how he was when we were testing injustice yet they leave DS and superman w safe zoning options and frost 62% meterlesss

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
M

I'm pretty sure I know what frames are in melee situations and zoning properties lol

I have been the #1 zoner in mk9 for a whole so yea thanks

I also understand when a move is more than -30 frames negative its a problem

How much a problem? 3/4 screen it's a free 45% punish for frost , flash gets 12%, lex mid screen gets bf2 into free armor (now sinestro has to wake up which guess what .....? he has none) NW gets 21% 3/4 and 36% mid , list goes on

I'm sorry but if u think this character is viable currently then it's u I question. He is this way because people bitches about him constantly how he was when we were testing injustice yet they leave DS and superman w safe zoning options and frost 62% meterlesss
Yeah, Frost is Tom Cruise in that matchup and Sinestro is Goose. With that said, I actually think Sinestro is pretty good, but some of his best stuff is pretty easy to punish so I feel ya on the problemzz.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I'm used to playing low tier characters, but MAN this character gets outclassed and beat so bad by so much. Even playing Baraka I wasn't as frustrated as I am playing Sinestro against certain matchups. And here I was hoping I would FINALLY get to play a character i love that was also going to be incredibly good...he was incredibly good at some point wasn't he Pig Of The Hut ? :(

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm used to playing low tier characters, but MAN this character gets outclassed and beat so bad by so much. Even playing Baraka I wasn't as frustrated as I am playing Sinestro against certain matchups. And here I was hoping I would FINALLY get to play a character i love that was also going to be incredibly good...he was incredibly good at some point wasn't he Pig Of The Hut ? :(
He was top 3 zero question asked

Tried to warn u and as the game develops and the players get better it'll get worse

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
He was top 3 zero question asked

Tried to warn u and as the game develops and the players get better it'll get worse
It sucks so hard because I don't wanna be "that guy" who cries for buffs for his character since not once did I ever do it with Baraka, but in a game where so many characters have soooo much BS...like why can't Sinestro have his cake and eat it too? The leader of the Yellow Lanterns deserves better.

Siniestro could be the worst
What character has it worse than him? I don't see any...

Death

Noob
It sucks so hard because I don't wanna be "that guy" who cries for buffs for his character since not once did I ever do it with Baraka, but in a game where so many characters have soooo much BS...like why can't Sinestro have his cake and eat it too? The leader of the Yellow Lanterns deserves better.

What character has it worse than him? I don't see any...
Maybe superman is worse lol :p