What's new

Tech Sinestro Push Block Trait setup (DEAR GOD)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
What many people fail to realize is that time will make this deadlier. There is no "counter" strategy that will develop for this that doesn't already exist for trying to prevent his trait from building up. What this is is another option gained while trait is active that shuts down yet another on of your opponents options. Are people over reacting about how broken it is? maybe. Are some people downplaying and pointing fingers at those overreacting? of course. I don't know if this makes sinestro #1 but it definitely is a step up for sinestro no matter how inconsistent some may find it. Think about it, the only way to not get hit by this is to try and jump at him so the pushblock doesn't allow the trait shot to hit correctly, yet jumping at sinestro with trait active results in getting anti aired by a 5 frame shot at the press of a button.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What many people fail to realize is that time will make this deadlier. There is no "counter" strategy that will develop for this that doesn't already exist for trying to prevent his trait from building up. What this is is another option gained while trait is active that shuts down yet another on of your opponents options. Are people over reacting about how broken it is? maybe. Are some people downplaying and pointing fingers at those overreacting? of course. I don't know if this makes sinestro #1 but it definitely is a step up for sinestro no matter how inconsistent some may find it. Think about it, the only way to not get hit by this is to try and jump at him so the pushblock doesn't allow the trait shot to hit correctly, yet jumping at sinestro with trait active results in getting anti aired by a 5 frame shot at the press of a button.
Thank u

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
This has probably been said but just like people who push block Batman when he has bats 24/7 can't you just bait that out and mb b3 through the pushblock?

Oddly enough they clearly tested this out with Batman because only the first bat will combo and the rest will be blocked and he doesn't recover in time to do anything while you're juggling in the air. :(

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
The commentators at SCR were counting how many times you built trait in some matches.. I think it got up to 3 or 4 :p

I was surprised you didn't use this more; but I think that just like with MK9, tech always becomes easier to integrate once people start to alter their gameplan around it and practice working it in. There was a point were Cyrax was still not considered top tier even though he already had his brokenness -- just because people weren't fully adept at abusing it yet.
Yea, Sinestro builds his trait fine against characters like Superman and Catwoman. It's a totally different story against Batman, Aquaman, Martian, DD, and others.

People have already developed counters for it, and jumping isn't the answer. They can do normals that will basically ensure that I will not be able to hit the 38% version or they can throw, bounce cancel, or cancel a normal into an armored move. If you noticed in that match against King, I wasn't able to make my FB safe because I had already used it on the tech: I was punished because I didn't have meter. I'd also like to add that the description on the OP is only somewhat correct. Sinestro does not get a vortex unless he uses two trait shots or goes for a D2 which is difficult and will also not work if the normal that you pushblocked has too much pushback. I guarantee that everyone yelling broken has only seen the above videos or have tried it in training mode. Using it in a match and in sets is a different story.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Yea, Sinestro builds his trait fine against characters like Superman and Catwoman. It's a totally different story against Batman, Aquaman, Martian, DD, and others.

People have already developed counters for it, and jumping isn't the answer. They can do normals that will basically ensure that I will not be able to hit the 38% version or they can throw, bounce cancel, or cancel a normal into an armored move. If you noticed in that match against King, I wasn't able to make my FB safe because I had already used it on the tech: I was punished because I didn't have meter. I'd also like to add that the description on the OP is only somewhat correct. Sinestro does not get a vortex unless he uses two trait shots or goes for a D2 which is difficult and will also not work if the normal that you pushblocked has too much pushback. I guarantee that everyone yelling broken has only seen the above videos or have tried it in training mode. Using it in a match and in sets is a different story.
I wouldn't consider any of that a counter measure if they are the ones at a disadvantage if you simply choose not to use it. It creates another situation where they have to blow meter to guess that you're going to do it, and limit themselves to normals that are safe against this. What this does is limit options which is why i think this is even better, this is great tech regardless, but lets be honest here, sinestro is the only one with this option when he is already in a favorable position with trait. Difficulty is not a factor once you get it ironed down, i was doing this online with lag yesterday and found it fairly easy to land all the d2 setups, and im a shit sinestro.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I wouldn't consider any of that a counter measure if they are the ones at a disadvantage if you simply choose not to use it. It creates another situation where they have to blow meter to guess that you're going to do it, and limit themselves to normals that are safe against this. What this does is limit options which is why i think this is even better, this is great tech regardless, but lets be honest here, sinestro is the only one with this option when he is already in a favorable position with trait. Difficulty is not a factor once you get it ironed down, i was doing this online with lag yesterday and found it fairly easy to land all the d2 setups, and im a shit sinestro.
I agree w this