What's new

Breakthrough Sinestro Lives!

Komatose

The Prettiest
He plays awesome with Sinestro but he's one of the few, it confirms that Sinestro is difficult to get good with like Ares, so still low tier.
Good point.

What? Kabal is difficult to get good with. He's not low tier...
Great point. I smell a discussion. Not like this thread is lively anyway so we might as well discuss something, amirite?

Cruz

Banned
Don't see many Sinestro/Ares players cause they're difficult to get good with when you go against beast players you pick
characters that are overall eassy to get OG with like many have Black Adam, Deathstroke, Green Lantern,.... Top tier.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Sinestro is not low tier, the game JUST came out people. The issue is that not enough people put in work with him. I can already tell this is the same crap people say about shazam

Komatose

The Prettiest
Don't see many Sinestro/Ares players cause they're difficult to get good with when you go against beast players you pick
characters that are overall eassy to get OG with like many have Black Adam, Deathstroke, Green Lantern,.... Top tier.
How many good Kabals do you see? Lol

Espio

Kokomo
I always felt it was too early to label Sinestro or any character bad already, we're just a little over a week into the game.

regulas

Your Emporer
Saying a character is low tier based on difficulty is silly. A lot of the top tier characters in MK9 such as Kabal and Cyrax are extremely difficult to play properly.In contrast many character like CSZ who are easy to pick up are near the bottom of the barrel. Tier list is based on power and match-ups not how much time you have to practice.

Also online with delay he crushes everything so easy like. It's only cause of online delay but it's sad when I can beat an obviously far better player without taking even 20% damage in the entire fight.

Ravensbaine

Welcome to the Chaos Dimension
Ease of use does not equal top tier... well at least in the beginning but later not really as the harder to use characters usually provide more tools and options wich makes them more viable. I may be jumping the gun but im willing to bet money ares will be high/top tier hes got some really dirty stuff

He isn't a solid zoner. Against other zoners he fails completely because his projectile is actually slow.

His problem is he is just too slow to be effective. I get that he would be ridiculous if he was fast, but as he is he's crap. Under pressure he has nothing. The quicker guys like Batman just walk all over him. Ok they have to get in, but that's not terribly hard given how useless rocks are and how frequently they miss. Once he's in, Sinestro crumples like paper. Even if you block Batman's combos, you still cannot react quick enough to do anything. Not even 111 is fast enough. Not even standing 3 will do it. He's got nothing. This is not smart character design and NRS really need to get in quick because I don't want to give him up.

regulas

Your Emporer
He isn't a solid zoner. Against other zoners he fails completely because his projectile is actually slow.

His problem is he is just too slow to be effective. I get that he would be ridiculous if he was fast, but as he is he's crap. Under pressure he has nothing. The quicker guys like Batman just walk all over him. Ok they have to get in, but that's not terribly hard given how useless rocks are and how frequently they miss. Once he's in, Sinestro crumples like paper. Even if you block Batman's combos, you still cannot react quick enough to do anything. Not even 111 is fast enough. Not even standing 3 will do it. He's got nothing. This is not smart character design and NRS really need to get in quick because I don't want to give him up.

Slow? His fireball is fast enough to trade with anyone else or better and if you time the EX properly you can deal with jumping, and so long as you are zoning it will hit mid so can't be crouched either. You can also use the ex as a punish move to knock back opponents.

Use Boulder or Snare on a slight delay (predicatively basically), and depending on how your opponent moves, Boulder works better on jumping, snare on dashers.

If they start getting close whiff your strings, you have several options who's second/third hits have amazing range and vary between high low etc.

Slow? His fireball is fast enough to trade with anyone else or better and if you time the EX properly you can deal with jumping, and so long as you are zoning it will hit mid so can't be crouched either. You can also use the ex as a punish move to knock back opponents.

Use Boulder or Snare on a slight delay (predicatively basically), and depending on how your opponent moves, Boulder works better on jumping, snare on dashers.

If they start getting close whiff your strings, you have several options who's second/third hits have amazing range and vary between high low etc.
Against any of the characers that can spam out long range moves his fireball is poor. It relies on MB to be effective as it can knock them back. Rock is too slow and if they are moving, it likely will whiff leaving him open. Pushing back is his strength, getting to be able to do that is his problem. Superman can just sit in the corner and laser vision you far quicker, and he can also mix it up by jumping in the air and doing it. Far better than Sinestro's tools.

regulas

Your Emporer
Against any of the characers that can spam out long range moves his fireball is poor. It relies on MB to be effective as it can knock them back. Rock is too slow and if they are moving, it likely will whiff leaving him open. Pushing back is his strength, getting to be able to do that is his problem. Superman can just sit in the corner and laser vision you far quicker, and he can also mix it up by jumping in the air and doing it. Far better than Sinestro's tools.

Um.... I'm starting to doubt you have even played Sinestro now... that or you may just have extremely slow reaction times.

I've even verified in training just now to be sure, but if you fireball on reaction to superman's laser at anything more then close ranges you will interrupt it before it hits you. If you are both trying to shoot at the same time you will defiantly hit first and break his laser. At worst you will trade.

Rock is the hardest move to land properly, but it's best right after they jump, it will hit just before they land (only just clipping them) but in a position where most of the cast can take no action before being hit.

Snare basically you want to use the same way, launch it immediately after they dash (or use a dash move) and it will land a few frames before they can block again.