What's new

Strategy Sinestro Combo Section

Swoops

Noob
This is a really solid pressure tool that I've been using midscreen if the opponent ever gets too close to me. Requires trait, but is a very solid series.

The combo: f2d13 > trait > MB boulder > shackles > boulder [31%] [33% with MB fear blast]

Great to fish with, as the timing doesn't take too long to practice. Once you get the timing down, you can use the same series on block, and instead of boulder you can buffer b3 as you shoot trait. If they move at all they get caught by trait and comboed into b3. If they block trait they still have to block the b3 for + frames. You can even confirm the f2d13 string and choose not to waste trait for the frame trap afterwards.

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
b13, j2, db1(axe of terror), b1, db1(shackles), b3, j3, b213

No meter, No trait, no jump punch.

I think it does 31%

LEGEND

YES!
update to my corner combo off of F2D13. Though its much harder to do.

F2D13, D1, D1, F2D13, 112-Shackles, NJ2, F2D13, D1-arachnid = 18 hits 36%

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
I don't remember if anyone already said it but :
after a cross up I saw (online) we could b12 shackles.

Yes, the first db1 in my previous message was the axe of terror.

In corner, I've found a reset on youtube (thx to Saja) :
1 b2 3 + trait while SI's hand is crushing the opponent.

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
Do we have combos with interactions (like the throne at Atlantis or the fountain at lex's manor) ?

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
I invented some combos with interactions :
b13, j2, 2, interaction (R1) b3...
then you could choose between a lot of things :
-b213 [33-35%]
-j2, b2 shackles and finish with -j2 b213 (I don't recommand it) [33-35%]
Or -j2 f2d13 (charging your trait) [33-35%]
Or -j2, d1, b2 (50/50 reset), shackles, b3, j3, interaction (R1), b213 (damages power) [32% + 2% + 24-25% = 58-59% meterless]
Or -j2, d1, f2d1(50/50 reset), shackles, j2, interaction (R1) {it links !!}, b3, j3, b213 (damages power) [32% + 2% + 29% = 63% meterless]

You can also do this, when you see your combo bringing SI too far from the interaction :
b13, j2, 22, shackles, j2 (behind the opponent), 11, interaction (R1), b3...

Then you have all the possibilities that I've written in this post.
If you make this combo (the one with 11), notice it's more difficult to link with a b3.

insignis

Noob
I invented some combos with interactions :
b13, j2, 2, interaction (R1) b3...
why don't you do 22 before interaction? Works fine as I tested.

also I don't see traitless corner combos in OP so maybe these would be helpfull:
b13 j2 d1 d1 d1 112 shackles j2 f2d13 d1 sting - 31%
f2d13 d1 d1 d1 112 shackles j2 f2d13 d1 sting - 33%
b2 d1 d1 d1 112 shackles j2 f2d13 d1 sting - 28%
f3 j3 d1 d1 d1 112 shackles j2 f2d13 d1 sting - 37%

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
I think the timing is more dificult when I used 22+interaction... And as I play particularly (always) online, I don't want an hard timing :/

TimTim

Don't Hate
Can anyone compile a list of those extremely high damage 3 trait combos.
Evilcheez does them a lot and I'd love to have some swag too.

update to my corner combo off of F2D13. Though its much harder to do.

F2D13, D1, D1, F2D13, 112-Shackles, NJ2, F2D13, D1-arachnid = 18 hits 36%

legend...

think resets here man. after shackles your damage is f'ed.

f2d13, d1d1d1, 112 FS OR b2 d1d1d1d1 112 FS

once in shackles you have created the STRONGEST SITUATIONS IN THE GAME. Similarly to his mid screen stuff. The standing fucking reset man!.

Once in shackles you can do b2, f2d13, insta air ax, jump 3 axe, cross up stuff... whatever. sinestro has one of the strongest corner pressures in the game once you get it going. i played perfect legend for about 20 games last night and even his scorpion is subject to it.

and btw, non of his corner stuff requires meter unless you are getting cute. I see a lot of good stuff in this thread but you guys are way to liberal with meter/trait in situations that it does not justify.

LEGEND

YES!
legend...

think resets here man. after shackles your damage is f'ed.

f2d13, d1d1d1, 112 FS OR b2 d1d1d1d1 112 FS

once in shackles you have created the STRONGEST SITUATIONS IN THE GAME. Similarly to his mid screen stuff. The standing fucking reset man!.

Once in shackles you can do b2, f2d13, insta air ax, jump 3 axe, cross up stuff... whatever. sinestro has one of the strongest corner pressures in the game once you get it going. i played perfect legend for about 20 games last night and even his scorpion is subject to it.

and btw, non of his corner stuff requires meter unless you are getting cute. I see a lot of good stuff in this thread but you guys are way to liberal with meter/trait in situations that it does not justify.
i hear ya. But idk, most of the time i'd rather deal my damage and get the hell away

though against Scorpion as you mentioned, since you can't zone character like that out then going for the resets is definitely the way to go

regulas

Your Emporer
Semi-useless but you can use DB2 following a D2. I just found that interesting that you can use it in a combo.

Like in the corner D2~DB2~MB,B12~DB1,B3,J2,B213
D2~DB2~MB,B3,J2,B12~QB1,J2,B213

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
100% in Atlantis or some other stages like it : b2, interaction, b3, j3, b12, shackles, j2 (normally, if you do it just before you touch the ground, SI will jump over the enemy), poke, b2, etc.
I don't know if b2 interaction link, I never try, but it should work.

Put this in the match-up thread but I may work here too, want some thoughts:

Had a thought today, can't test it right now and don't know if it has been posted but it has to do with Sinestro's pressure game. Playing 2 Win showed his standing reset with shackles, he then does a JI2 followed by air axe or cross-over 1.

If you have trait, I think you may be able to use trait as you jump over your opponent, this causes them to hold back to block, if they don't, train lands into air axe combo for 30+%.

If they hold back to block, you can air axe once over their head and hit them from the opposite side into 30% combo. It is like Batman's bat cross-up pressure, just harder to do. So either they eat trait if block trait and eat air axe. Maybe they can somehow block both but they have to be pretty dang good to do it.

Anybody have time to test this? Combo pressure can look like this:

Back 1, 3 xx back 3, jump in 3, back 1, 2 shackles. Jump in 2(or 1), jump forward (trait), air axe, forward 2, shackles, back 3, JI 3, back 3,1,2. First combo is near 30%, second is 25-30% for a total of ~ 60% no meter, one trait or two traits for a little added damage before the first back 3.

foksdu62

Smoke's still alive !
First combo is great, but the second isn't. After the first shackles, just j3, air axe, trait, b3, j3,b12, shackles, this is a vortex.