What's new

Strategy Sinestro Combo Section

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
He can hit 40%+ with interactions no meter and put them full screen. Sinestro is still good.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
New to translating these codes.
What is button 4? the power button?

Also, what does i7 high starter mean? (same with i7 mid and i5 mid)

I have seen other comments in thread with notation of jip3.. does that mean jump in place heavy attack?

Thanks in advance,
Just your friendly neighborhood noob spideyct

Jip stands for jump in punch. Startin the combo in the air.

dittO

Noob
New to translating these codes.
What is button 4? the power button?

Also, what does i7 high starter mean? (same with i7 mid and i5 mid)

I have seen other comments in thread with notation of jip3.. does that mean jump in place heavy attack?

Thanks in advance,
Just your friendly neighborhood noob spideyct
4 = circle (power button)
i = start up frames of the attack (how fast the attack is)
mid/high/low/overhead = level of the attack (where the attack hits)
ji/j etc = jumping attacks
(If you check practice mode, all this information is being given in the command list, although from what I hear is not entirely correct)

dittO

Noob
My new bnb midscreen ....no meter...no trait . ( ji2-b13-b3-air3-22-shackles-ji2-b213 36%) the trick here is timing the b3 after the b13 early in the combo. Sinestro is become stronger.
When counting combo damage, try NOT to include the damage caused by the jump in attack.
This is not my rule or any of the sort. It's just the way it is with 2d fighters. Jump in attack always adds to the damage (depending on which button was pressed), therefore it's much more efficient to have every character's combo list without it.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The negative edge in this game is terrible. They need to fix this. Late in combos I will get meteor instead of shackles at least 50% of the time. This doesn't seem to happen as much early in combos, but still this is bad.

I think your timing is just off jhcrane. Can't you turn off the negative edge anyways?
Jip? Really? Your notation is wacky j.2 is a much more exceptable way to express what you mean.

Not trying to hate on you but this board seems to lack some common practices.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
He can hit 40%+ with interactions no meter and put them full screen. Sinestro is still good.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Explain what u do when knocked down vs batman, Aquaman, superman, doomsday, frost, etc?

U have no wake ups except for arachnid that hits high and HEAVVVVVVVVVVY punishable

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Explain what u do when knocked down vs batman, Aquaman, superman, doomsday, frost, etc?

U have no wake ups except for arachnid that hits high and HEAVVVVVVVVVVY punishable
Just block, and push block if you have meter? His wakeup is terrible, and is very situational so I definitely recommend rarely using the thing.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I think your timing is just off jhcrane. Can't you turn off the negative edge anyways?
Jip? Really? Your notation is wacky j.2 is a much more exceptable way to express what you mean.

Not trying to hate on you but this board seems to lack some common practices.
I have always seen jip....doesn't really matter. I understand it either way.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just block, and push block if you have meter? His wakeup is terrible, and is very situational so I definitely recommend rarely using the thing.
How do u block 50/50 starters that are all frame traps that lead to infinite pressure ?

Push block is all he has but half cast can punish his zoning on block 3/4 screen away

I tried to see how he can utilize trait in combos. I know burning full trait on a single combo might not be the optimal thing, but he can do 50% off of a b+3 or f+3. Seems like an alright option off of two moves that can be armored up.

EDIT: After some more testing, it's possible to get 50% off of a standing 1-1-2 with 2 meters and full trait.
1-1-2xxWallBounceEX, J3, 4, J3, 4, J3, 4, B1xxShackles, J2, F2-D1-3

Also, with the above combo, if you manage to carry within transition range with the loop, you can do a B3 into the transition instead of ending with shackles. Damage is 56% for that. The timing is really strict for the B3, though. If you end with B1xxShackles into B3 rather than a raw B3, it's 54%. I tested at Joker's Asylum into the Scarecrow transition. Damage varies slightly on different transitions.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Don't know if this has been posted or not but I think I may have found a good one. Corner only (f2d13-d2-b12-shackles-air2-f2d13 27%) whats great about this is it leaves the opponent in a hard knock down allowing for an interrupted meteor. The opponent must block the meteor or perform a wake up attack to escape this trap. If the opponent tries to do anything other than those two options they will get hit by the meteor allowing you to loop this for as long as you have meter. I am not 100% confirmed on all of this but it is looking pretty promising.

I posted this combo in the sinestro generals as well. My apologies for the quality. It works air to air as well. It has served me well the j2 stuffs air to airs and the axe raise makes it easy. Without the trait you can jab into shackles as well. I posted more info on the generals as I didn't immediately catch this thread. Thanks

a noob question what does the X mean in these combos?
I belive it means cancel. To do this as part of a string for example 111 for example and you see 111 xx df1 it means on the last hit of the combo you input the fireball. I described it to a friend of mine also learning fighting games as to think of it all as part of one combo for inputs back to back. so..
111df1 would do a fireball.

I hope this is correct and useful! if it's not someone else feel free to correct me.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
I belive it means cancel. To do this as part of a string for example 111 for example and you see 111 xx df1 it means on the last hit of the combo you input the fireball. I described it to a friend of mine also learning fighting games as to think of it all as part of one combo for inputs back to back. so..
111df1 would do a fireball.

I hope this is correct and useful! if it's not someone else feel free to correct me.
thanks man helps alot

Can anyone give me a good reason why b3 j3 b213=30% and f2d1 shackles(db1) B3 J3 B213= 26%....????WHY????
Its how damage scales in the game. I dont know the exact math behind it buttt. Each time you do a attack the game will then adjust the damage of the next attack, this helps balence the game to stop things like infinites being as effective or being able to get one hit kills with ease. Of course some characters are hit harder by this than others, i struggle to get 40%+ with sinestro I dont actually think ive done it yet without super (why would I do that though) where as my friend plays grundy who's main b&b combo can hit 55% with ease.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Because shackles significantly reduces damage scaling. Go into training mode.....activate his super....then do shackles super and watch what happens.