What's new

General/Other Sinestro 1.06 Patch Changes

dittO

Noob
which you still need to get at me about!!!!!!!
Well, nothing unknown or too fancy about the corners. Sorry If I sounded like I had found something secret :p
I just meant that near walls, b3s or f3s can extend the damage somehow.
However, extra damage is not that important right now.
The fact is that we have a half-screen i16 normal move, which is -5 on block (I hope they don't change that), with a somehow easy hit confirm into shackles. It sounds too good to be true...

dittO

Noob
Sorry for the double post.

What's the confusion about canceling b12 into shackles?
If I'm not mistaken, this works since day one. Was it a character specific after all?

zoofs

bless
Was messing around with B12 combos today and I remember the bounce cancel is going to cost one bar. This means you have a host of options after catching someone in B12, shackles.

You can do a variety of new combos:

B12, shackles, ji2, B1, Bounce Cancel, j2, B213

There are obviously a ton of variations to this, but the bounce cancel opens up some other options:

- You can go into the Vortex
- Dash up, B2, Bounce Cancel, J2, B213
- Dash up, pause, B2 into Shackles
- Dash up, pause, B2 into Bounce Cancel, J2, B213
- Dash up, pause, B1 into MB F3

The Bounce Cancel is going to yield a decent damage increase for Sinestro whenever you want to use meter.

- D2 into Bounce Cancel is now a feasible option. Yes, you could do this after D2 hitting the opponent at the top of their jump arc, but this is now doable from any D2 conversion.

- Ji2, AoT, 1, Bounce Cancel, J2, B213 = 37%
- Ji2, AoT, 1, Bounce Cancel, J2, 223 = 36%

And I am sure there are other things you can do here, but the general idea is you can get pretty decent damage for 1 bar with the new bounce cancels. I am sure other characters will have similar gains.

Thoughts?
I don't remember there actually being anything about 1 bar bounce cancels in the patch notes.. i think that was just a rumor, could be wrong though

RIF

Noob
I don't remember there actually being anything about 1 bar bounce cancels in the patch notes.. i think that was just a rumor, could be wrong though

I thought I heard/read people talking about it. Looking back over the notes, it's not there. :/

Not worth it if still costs 2 meters.

Smugleaf

Black and yelllow
I have a question: How big a difference will the MB f3/b3 buff do to his already great damage b3 combos? Like how much would his 40% b3, ji3, ji2, 22xxshackles, ji2, 22xxinteractable, ji2, b213 combo do when MB'd?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I have a question: How big a difference will the MB f3/b3 buff do to his already great damage b3 combos? Like how much would his 40% b3, ji3, ji2, 22xxshackles, ji2, 22xxinteractable, ji2, b213 combo do when MB'd?
Probably around 46%.

just to be clear... the implications of this buff have tremendous impacts on high level play. footsies is a term that cannot simply be defined for mediocre players. just know that this fix will make all of his hard matchups for manageable. no longer will people be able to stand in the dead zone (as cowboy put it).

RIF

Noob
I just looked over the stream and it looks like Deathstroke punished the B12 on block.

Can someone else confirm this?

I thought B12 was -5 on block.

Yes, b12 and b13 are very unsafe still. Not sure why people are all excited about this hitting mid now, it really makes little difference.

I just looked over the stream and it looks like Deathstroke punished the B12 on block.

Can someone else confirm this?

I thought B12 was -5 on block.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Yes, b12 and b13 are very unsafe still. Not sure why people are all excited about this hitting mid now, it really makes little difference.
-5 is still safe, but you have to respect what's coming next from the opponent...of course you can backdash, but that isn't going to be practical against certain characters.