What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Hey guys, random question from a noob, Kitana-main, potentially looking to swap...

I’ve read a lot that Sindel struggles with pressure. Is this true or overblown, and if it’s true, how do you cope with it?

I’m thinking of maining Splitting Hairs but would counterpick to Royal Edenian if I’m getting zoned out.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
What do you guys think of Sindels proposed concept outfits -human skins are very GAGA IMO
Given that these are not renders and just sketches, I think she ended up with the best ones. The drawings are great and some of them are beautiful, but I think many would not have translated as well to renders / game nechanics

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Hey guys, random question from a noob, Kitana-main, potentially looking to swap...

I’ve read a lot that Sindel struggles with pressure. Is this true or overblown, and if it’s true, how do you cope with it?

I’m thinking of maining Splitting Hairs but would counterpick to Royal Edenian if I’m getting zoned out.
"Struggles" feels overblown, but it's a factor to be aware of.

Sindel's d1 is 8 frames, whereas most toons have a 7-frame d1. It's not a huge difference, but it does mean there are a few situations where Sindel can't steal her turn with a poke where a 7-frame poke would be just fast enough. Her s1 is quick at 7 frames but very stubby, so she won't be able to punish in some situations with a tight window and moderate pushback. These aren't deal-breakers; you just have to spend time in the lab to learn where she has trouble.

As for coping with pressure, as they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Sindel out-spaces most of the cast with her buttons, so use that to your advantage to check movement and avoid being cornered. Her float is mostly trash unfortunately, but can also sometimes get you out of a tight spot.

You might want to consider learning Royal Edenian first. It's generally considered her all-around most useful variation, because she gets some tools that specifically help maintain the spacing she depends on and check opponents at any range. Splitting Hairs is flashy and fun, but very susceptible to being zoned out and to opponents who can play lame and force Sindel to come to them. It's still really good in certain MUs tho.

Just my own two cents.

"Struggles" feels overblown, but it's a factor to be aware of.

Sindel's d1 is 8 frames, whereas most toons have a 7-frame d1. It's not a huge difference, but it does mean there are a few situations where Sindel can't steal her turn with a poke where a 7-frame poke would be just fast enough. Her s1 is quick at 7 frames but very stubby, so she won't be able to punish in some situations with a tight window and moderate pushback. These aren't deal-breakers; you just have to spend time in the lab to learn where she has trouble.

As for coping with pressure, as they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Sindel out-spaces most of the cast with her buttons, so use that to your advantage to check movement and avoid being cornered. Her float is mostly trash unfortunately, but can also sometimes get you out of a tight spot.

You might want to consider learning Royal Edenian first. It's generally considered her all-around most useful variation, because she gets some tools that specifically help maintain the spacing she depends on and check opponents at any range. Splitting Hairs is flashy and fun, but very susceptible to being zoned out and to opponents who can play lame and force Sindel to come to them. It's still really good in certain MUs tho.

Just my own two cents.
Awesome! Thank you!

Raider

Noob
^ What a SERVE!!
And some ppl were like "Sindel doesn't look like her at all!"... They obviously had to make Sindel to look older, but she looks just like her.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
^ What a SERVE!!
And some ppl were like "Sindel doesn't look like her at all!"... They obviously had to make Sindel to look older, but she looks just like her.
They say this because Sindel’s face model uses Kaprice‘s (Kitana) facial features paired with Ashley Heller’s bone structure.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Any ideas about kustom Sindel ?

I tried this and kinda like it :

• air scream / db2. An interesting overhead, but not to abuse.
  • banshee barrage / bf3 from her v3. Air launcher, useful with her b2.
  • maleficient march / bf2 and df2 from her v2. Two different screams, the march can be a good damage ender, in a variation without the big damage of the hairkut move.
This way Sindel can have a 50/50 with the air scream (overhead) and the amplified banshee barrage (low).

Last edited:
Are there any practical implications of the special moves from Regal Presence? There is a launcher there, but it seems very hard to implement, cannot do it after a charged scream from up close for example.

Raider

Noob
I am so happy about being able to have Low Star Screamer and Whip & Flip or Hair Kut in the same variation! Low Star Screamer is so important and so good to have. It's great anti-zoning tool and it scares away spammers from using projectiles from across the screen. They usually always lose against LSS and this makes Sindel finally complete and all around good!

Big ups to anyone recco'ing malifecent March with low star and whip. First of all, it's an incredible animation. Secondly, as an ender it puts you back up to average damage even without haircut and sends them full screen which is fine when you have low star. Good option imo plus technically its an advancing mid.

I don’t know if Sindel needs her J2 fixed or what, but it is so weird and inconsistent. I have a load out with banshee dash, echo, and low star screamer and honestly the way I can never land the banshee dash combos....