What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Ok, I'm stuck in 50/50 hell. Every session is basically win - loss - win -win - loss - loss- loss- win. I was in a tournament the other day and even there I went 2-2 facepalm

Not bad enough to let losses overtake, not good enough to go on a streak above five. At this point I'm sort of lost for what my weaknesses are, or whether I'm good, or just lucky... any advice on how to upsetting the balance a little? I really want to be better, but unsure where to go next.

Playing V1, been trying to learn V3.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Ok, I'm stuck in 50/50 hell. Every session is basically win - loss - win -win - loss - loss- loss- win. I was in a tournament the other day and even there I went 2-2 facepalm

Not bad enough to let losses overtake, not good enough to go on a streak above five. At this point I'm sort of lost for what my weaknesses are, or whether I'm good, or just lucky... any advice on how to upsetting the balance a little? I really want to be better, but unsure where to go next.

Playing V1, been trying to learn V3.
Do you have footage? That would be most prudent.

honk

Noob
I really dont get why people are complaining about things she doesn't have. Did these people just considering what she actually has for example in V1?
Incredible high dmg huge range nice KB.
If she gets everything what people are complaining we would have another geras.

I switched from Kitana to sindel and believe me... after that you know what are real severe issues with a character.

So stop whining about her not having a projectile and watch players like koisy who rules KL with her V1.
It is even more fun to watch a fight without projectiles. Projectiles are so boring.

If you insist in projectiles just take V3 it performs pretty good.

If you just complain her not being high tier or S Tier. Just pick geras and leave this thread.

Yall got any tips for how you particularly input her instantaneous scream cancels? timing it on something as simple as F4 seems really inconsistent for me

abyson

Noob
Yall got any tips for how you particularly input her instantaneous scream cancels? timing it on something as simple as F4 seems really inconsistent for me
its difficult but youll have to enter the scream input once the hit connects so most of the time its better to do it with slower or multiple hitting strings

Zviko

Noob
Any ideas what Sindel's anti armor will be? Also I think they definitely need to change something about breakaways if anything Sindel has can work on any of her launchers. Unless the armor break move is either F4, B2 or B3 which I don't see it happening since all of those can combo anyway.

If they make breakaways slower maybe S4 could work as a launcher? Inb4 they make it V1 exclusive and give it to DB4.

DarkSado

Noob
low key her armor break kinda lame it only work from down 2 or a really deep jump in 3. V3 Banshee Barrage amp into mane squeeze does 19 percent same as the uppercut.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
low key her armor break kinda lame it only work from down 2 or a really deep jump in 3. V3 Banshee Barrage amp into mane squeeze does 19 percent same as the uppercut.
Super salty she didn't at least get a popup. I thought they'd go with St.4 > Popup

So essentislly, she can turn a breakaway into a single throw. Lemme grab the champagne XD

Lokheit

Noob
STORY SPOILERS

Welp, as expected they doubled down on evil Sindel, taking the work of every previous writer (remember Deception and Armageddon are canon) for the sake of bad shock and drama (plus many cringe moments) full of "oh hey, I defeated your boss, obey me blindly because potato, we cool right? nothing suspicious at all". Really disappointed in the aftermath story telling, and I had a lot of respect for Sawn, but welp, I'm glad I didn't pre-order.

Last edited:

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I've basically been a bit torn on MK11 Sindel. I love the character design and model, and I think Mara Junot has given her a great voice full of charisma. I'm happy with the effort that went into her overall look and design.

But yeah, the retcon has been just weird, and it feels almost spiteful. More than anything, it doesn't make sense and didn't need to happen, but I explained forever ago my theory behind why it happened at all. I think it was more a safe political move, rather than anyone's Good Idea.

Ultimately, I'm stoked she came back, and they made her feel important to the roster. but I'm hoping next time -cos there's always a next time - the writers will think about giving this character and Kitana a little fkn joy, just for once, man. Please?

In the bigger picture I think this reboot trilogy has been kind of a mess (story wise) since the end of MK9. I think they quickly painted themselves into corner with the Revenants, then went for "new generation", then fell back on Time Travel, in just 3 games. This trilogy has had some great moments, but it got "stuck" so many times.

Last edited:

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Like, Shao Kahn such a meathead, it's completely impossible to buy that Sindel's willingly subservient to this dude.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Hair whip has a lot of range so using it for stuffing a fatal blow was hilarious earlier, but yeah Sindel has good crushing blows, a strong mid and damage so she might not be top tier, but she does feel complete in some ways.

Like, Shao Kahn such a meathead, it's completely impossible to buy that Sindel's willingly subservient to this dude.
I like how she claims to hate weakness, but went and healed up Shao Kahn. One would have thought she would have killed Shao Kahn and took on Kitana her own or at least showed some respect for the fact that she was that formidable.

Man I miss when Sindel and Jade teamed up to take on the Dragon King.

She's got her type, cannot argue with that.

I found it really cute to watch her and Shao be so enamored of each other. What was jarring to me was when they cut to the blandness that is Liu/Kitana...

Makuholick

Killa Queen
You can blame the directors. Anyone out of already literally emerging from sand, then Michael Bay Optimus-ing half the roster to be disintegrated into literally nothing, then being saved from being a revenant, would return exactly how they were before.