What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I was playing against a Kitana today and I feel like V3 is the best choice against her.
The low fireball is great against her fan toss and if she’s using Highborn, it’ll punish a sai toss. She can punish it from full screen but she has to already be in sai stance, same with the amp low fireball. Fearless is a bit more trouble tho due to low fan and fan nado. Fan nado also catches a mistimed banshee barrage

Kitana also has the better buttons and pressure upclose but it’s nothing too bad. F4 string on block is a guaranteed fan nado for Kitana that you have to block.

Me being a kitana main myself, I can see Kitana being a bad MU, especially Fearless. I’m down to play any sindel players to grind the MU more

Lokheit

Noob
Nice find, I haven't thought of that either. I wouldn't do it too often though. Even if they have absolutely no advancing buttons they can dash and punish with S1 if they can react to it fast enough. They have to double dash if you do it after F4 though. It could also be risky if they for some reason get hit by the 2nd hit of the string. Sometimes that low in B34 hits and that's even worse for you because you land at S1 range which is easy punish for them. But yeah, mixing it with other stuff should make it hard to react to. It's a nice side switch if you are in the corner too.
I guess you can always input DB4 and block confirm the forward input?

Zviko

Noob
I guess you can always input DB4 and block confirm the forward input?
You have to input forward immediately if you want the far one. That's why some people still have problems with it. Even if you could delay it it would still be very hard to confirm that low or any 2nd attack of any other string.

Queen Sindel

Divine Enlightenment
I don’t understand what they did with these variations... they don’t feel like they make much sense, or they feel incomplete. She should def have a universal projectile and they might as well have deleted her levitate move completely, it’s useless!
I have same thoughts about Sindel. It feels incomplete, like NRS could not decide that this character will be. V1 has great combo potential with mixups, but its all meanengless without proper tools to approach to opponet and universal projectile.
Most of the games with SindelV1 you just chasing your opponent across whole screen, constantly pressing block against their projectiles. Not fun at all. Even after you managed to come close, most of the characters has tools to counteratack Sindel.
V3 would be complete with DB1 move from V1. Overwise, NRS please tell me, that is the fight plan with Sindel V3? Honestly, i dont undetstand. Just to shoot with projectiles? Sonya alone can do this better, at the same time she has combo potetial in close battle.

Reduce Sindels combo damage, but give her tools to execute these combos in real battles! Please NRS.

Zviko

Noob
Yo, for all the completionists, there's a Sindel tower up right now(2h,20min). I think it was there before, at least on consoles but not on PC I think. I'm just saying this because it has the only 3 gear pieces I don't have yet so maybe there's more of you here who needs them. Also 1 skin and a taunt.

Only 2 skins and 1 taunt left for me. :D

Raider

Noob
Anyone knows how can i get "Birthright to Rule" skin?? Since few days ago i am only getting augments for her as random tower rewards.

Gaxkang

Banned
I have same thoughts about Sindel. It feels incomplete, like NRS could not decide that this character will be. V1 has great combo potential with mixups, but its all meanengless without proper tools to approach to opponet and universal projectile.
Most of the games with SindelV1 you just chasing your opponent across whole screen, constantly pressing block against their projectiles. Not fun at all. Even after you managed to come close, most of the characters has tools to counteratack Sindel.
V3 would be complete with DB1 move from V1. Overwise, NRS please tell me, that is the fight plan with Sindel V3? Honestly, i dont undetstand. Just to shoot with projectiles? Sonya alone can do this better, at the same time she has combo potetial in close battle.

Reduce Sindels combo damage, but give her tools to execute these combos in real battles! Please NRS.
I guess in V1 one is supposed to try to use hair whip against zoners.

But yeah imagine if Sindel was a more complete character, or the game was better balanced.

And the levitate move...heh, it's like in the game if one wants to become more unsafe.

kcd117

Noob
Imo V3 is really good, V2 is mediocre and V1 is really bad. V3 adds a lot to her post strings mind games and the fireball for great fullscreen presence. V2 makes her air game better and her mid-range game stronger but that's about it. V1 adds nothing in neutral, it is simply bad, it is just some raw dmg.

Zviko

Noob
Yeah V1 can compare with Baraka and Noob damage wise except it's easier for them to get that damage. Not easy but easier. Mostly because of their down pokes and shimmy game which is way better and hitconfirmable. Not having a projectile is huge obviously. I really don't understand why people think V1 is any higher than low-mid tier.

I think I'm gonna stick to V1 for this KL season and probably switch to V3 in the next one.

Raider

Noob
I am having issue with Sindel in ToT. She just stops doing any damage with her moves, or is doing very, very little damage. This usually happens mid round. Anyone knows what is going on? Is it PC only issue?

Lokheit

Noob
I am having issue with Sindel in ToT. She just stops doing any damage with her moves, or is doing very, very little damage. This usually happens mid round. Anyone knows what is going on? Is it PC only issue?
Is it a specific ToT or always? Energy modifiers make you deal less damage.