What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Apparently the thing about claiming a female dlc being too op right after the release is coming from Tanya's situation right after her release (her release date status has been the most broken thing ever to appear in NRS games, MK9 Kabal can't even match tbh). Since then I have been able to observe that every people are bandwagoning the female dlc and claiming her to be op because they think Tanya's status could somehow be repeated, that happened in i2 as well.
Was Tanya legitimately overpowered on her own merit or was it due to the Shroud glitch?

FreshFromTheDeli

FrostFromTheDeli
I don’t understand what they did with these variations... they don’t feel like they make much sense, or they feel incomplete. She should def have a universal projectile and they might as well have deleted her levitate move completely, it’s useless!
Taking away Sindel's fireballs and turning her into this weird mid range mixup character was not what I was expecting.

The cast of MK11 bar Jacqui have some sort of presence even at full screen. Jacqui's makes up for that by having cancels that lead to pressure in v1. AoE in v2. & v3. is anti zoning to begin with. Not to mention a dash punch that is lightning fast and safe on block.

I tested the levitate ability that costs 2 bars and the additions she get are....there. Nothing crazy, just a mid hitting fireball that shoots in an arc, a scream for anti air only and an explosion that hits opponents in the air or directly under her. They should have given her levitate attacks in her base kit to make up for her not having a projectile.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Was Tanya legitimately overpowered on her own merit or was it due to the Shroud glitch?
The shroud glitch happened waaaaay after her release.
During her release status her teleports had armor, no recovery and invincibility frames so you could go through projectiles and fullcombo punish them from a huge distance (fullscreen btw), and you could create so many combos out of teleporting because of no recovery, the teleport cancels were plus as hell with almost all strings, so you can pressure the hell out of your opponent to death, and they couldnt even do anything to you.
In the Pyromancer variation, you could just cause a light show in the stage, you getting caught was nearly impossible and you would just spam the fireballs in the air with your eyes closed while your opponent was breaking his controller
In the Kobujutsu variation, which remained probably the strongest variation in the game till the Kombat Pack 2 (after the general nerf to her teleports), you could just pressure your opponent to death with plus frame cancels and spam your bars like nothing as they would regenerate in the blink of an eye when you keep pressuring
In the Dragon Naginata variation, because of the broken teleports you could inflict TONS of damage and be the most agile character in the entire game
so yea in CEO (i guess its true) everyone was playing Tanya, all of her variations were top 1

kevkopdx

Noob
Taking away Sindel's fireballs and turning her into this weird mid range mixup character was not what I was expecting.

The cast of MK11 bar Jacqui have some sort of presence even at full screen. Jacqui's makes up for that by having cancels that lead to pressure in v1. AoE in v2. & v3. is anti zoning to begin with. Not to mention a dash punch that is lightning fast and safe on block.

I tested the levitate ability that costs 2 bars and the additions she get are....there. Nothing crazy, just a mid hitting fireball that shoots in an arc, a scream for anti air only and an explosion that hits opponents in the air or directly under her. They should have given her levitate attacks in her base kit to make up for her not having a projectile.
Yup, I’m actually pretty disappointed with what they did to her. Oh well I guess she’s IN the game at least

Gaxkang

Banned

And levitating just tells a Scorpion to teleport I suppose.

The lack of full screen presence you reference...it means Sindel has to play a different game than like...everybody I guess heh. Hair whip only works so much.

People crying about the fireball, pretending that characters like Kotal or Raiden have projectiles that aren't too slow to use.

'but I don't want to give up my Baraka-level damage by picking the 3rd variation' well boohoo

Last edited:

DarkSado

Noob
People crying about the fireball, pretending that characters like Kotal or Raiden have projectiles that aren't too slow to use.

'but I don't want to give up my Baraka-level damage by picking the 3rd variation' well boohoo
it still stupid though especially when you have geras with a a ful screen low projectile.

Zviko

Noob
Sindel trial towers are up btw. I was hoping for Birthright to Rule skin. Still don't know how to get it.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Sindel trial towers are up btw. I was hoping for Birthright to Rule skin. Still don't know how to get it.
Probably a future ko-op tower skin, unfortunately. A shame, because that neon pink with orange as the tertiary colour is hideous.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I know there's a specific thread for Loud and Klear, but I'm gonna ask about it here. I finally got to a point where I can do the AMP Banshee/Deadly Echo loops much more consistently now, and this variation has become my favorite one. But is it just me or is anyone also having issues with her J2? Like, its hitbox is so clunky and weird and so easy to mistime it. It's mostly aggravating when I do AMP banshee from mid range at maximum height and then try to convert that into a J2xxDeadly Echo combo. Super hard to land it on female characters, it just whiffs above their heads, forcing you to do it as low as possible with the risk of dropping the combo altogether.

Lokheit

Noob
I know there's a specific thread for Loud and Klear, but I'm gonna ask about it here. I finally got to a point where I can do the AMP Banshee/Deadly Echo loops much more consistently now, and this variation has become my favorite one. But is it just me or is anyone also having issues with her J2? Like, its hitbox is so clunky and weird and so easy to mistime it. It's mostly aggravating when I do AMP banshee from mid range at maximum height and then try to convert that into a J2xxDeadly Echo combo. Super hard to land it on female characters, it just whiffs above their heads, forcing you to do it as low as possible with the risk of dropping the combo altogether.
Yeah, J2 hitbox is terrible (and J1 doesn't let you do the followups in time so it's not an alternative). I wish she did some arc with her hair to lower the hit height.

Lokheit

Noob
Both Sindel revenant costumes are so good tbh. They should just give us the option to change to human/revenant as we wish already. Why lock great looking costumes behind these ugly, zombie forms??
Yeah the game would be much better with just the 6 real costumes (4 for DLCs) and then unlocking the shadders, with the revenant skin being part of the shadder. They had to do it this way so you would think there is a lot of content lol.

kevkopdx

Noob
Thoughts on using Far Hair Flip on block? I feel like it could be useful against characters who don't have fast advancing strings. Especially when they're expecting either the low or overhead ender of the string. Just gtfo of there and reset to neutral
I never thought of that and haven’t seen anyone do it lol good idea!

Zviko

Noob
Nice find, I haven't thought of that either. I wouldn't do it too often though. Even if they have absolutely no advancing buttons they can dash and punish with S1 if they can react to it fast enough. They have to double dash if you do it after F4 though. It could also be risky if they for some reason get hit by the 2nd hit of the string. Sometimes that low in B34 hits and that's even worse for you because you land at S1 range which is easy punish for them. But yeah, mixing it with other stuff should make it hard to react to. It's a nice side switch if you are in the corner too.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I've been labbing v2 for a few hours, this is what I've found yet yet:

1. her air banshee is way safer than I thought. If you're not right in your opponents face and do it as low as possible it's basically safe from sweep distance and is plus after that distance.
it's also quite spammable

2. stages with jump interactables give you access to air banshee links from grounded strings, so if you do a combo into df2 midscreen you can convert off both of your mixup options. f2 is pretty slow so it's fuzziable and interruptable actually but you get 36% from it. due to her cancel and f21 being hit confirmable her "mix" is safe pretty much
similiar thing in the corner you can probably make corner escapes work with it too somehow