What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Raider

Noob
I can't wait to see what they do with her in this engine. Sindel in 2019 MK game is my "dream came true" situation tbh.
Hopefully her look/design won't be disappointing!

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Bonerculture is such a fucking meme, no one takes those blowhards seriously.
Anti-sexy arguments are so stale. I mean they're are even woman who prefer the sexy outfits. I'm gay and I like them. That doesn't mean I'll die if they aren't there though. I was side eyeing a few members trying SO hard to justify there need for sexy outfits with "All I want is to masterbate to female videogame characters, is that so bad?" like bruh, that's kinda the point of desexualized characters.

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
Havent read the leaked dialogues... but o dont like the retcon either. Inwould have prefered a good Sindel or at least an anti Shao Sindel. How well... in my headcanon she is a different Sindel from some random timeline :)

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Really? I hate it, but to each his own, ai guess. I do like that we get evil Sindel though. Good Sindel is boring.

I doubt it will happen, but I wish her MK9 actress is back. She was perfect. Not a fan of the MKX one.
Fun fact: MK9 Sindel VA is also the same one who does Ivy Valentine. Also Kelly Hu does Sindel in MKX. Dvorahs actress.

Since MK11 is a lot more weapon based I wonder if she gets Kwan Dao back.
Or she could make weapons out of her hair, similar to Skarlet's blood weapons.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm so happy the MK3 roster is on its way to completion.

Sindel and Nightwolf definitely deserve it <3. Kind of surprised they totally undid her backstory and made her a traitor though.

What I would really like to be back is her levi-cancel pressure from MK9, that was fun and gave her a fun layer of additional execution that I loved. I hope the order is right and she's no later than the third character to drop.
I was really upset about the retcon at first, but I kind of get it. She had a lot of plot overlap with Kitana before, and making her more of a Cersei Lannister power-at-all-costs type will make her stand out.

That said, I wouldn't mind if it turned out she was brainwashed again lol

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I was really upset about the retcon at first, but I kind of get it. She had a lot of plot overlap with Kitana before, and making her more of a Cersei Lannister power-at-all-costs type will make her stand out.

That said, I wouldn't mind if it turned out she was brainwashed again lol
Funny enough before I went to sleep last night, I was thinking about Kitana's and Shao Kahn's comments in regards to Sindel in the story and elsewhere and why Shao Kahn kept Kitana.

I'm going to rationalize that this heel turn is because she did what was necessary to protect Kitana. Shao Kahn coveted Sindel very much and that's why he was willing to keep her heir alive to keep her pleased. Power can be apart of that too, but I feel like resisting Shao Kahn when they were going to fall would have lead him to kill Kitana too, leaving her with nothing.

We are making progress! I'm more fine with the retcon now, I've just always had such respect for how fierce MK Deception Sindel was like Sindel and Jade traveling together to take on Tanya and the Dragon King was amazing because they took this Queen character who is important to the plot of games, but is just kind of in the background and I feel like she really shined.

I'm going to rationalize that this heel turn is because she did what was necessary to protect Kitana. Shao Kahn coveted Sindel very much and that's why he was willing to keep her heir alive to keep her pleased. Power can be apart of that too, but I feel like resisting Shao Kahn when they were going to fall would have lead him to kill Kitana too, leaving her with nothing.
It won't ever fit because in this timeline Sindel sacrificed herself just to stop Shao Kahn from conquering Earthrealm. If she did what had to be done for her daughter she wouldn't do such a blatant show of defiance.
I think she'll just be her brainwashed MK9 self. OR a revenant.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
She was played heavily as a zoning character since her normals were slow and easy to punish.
Not another Zoner, I play Cetrion for that. So far Sonya, Jacqui and maybe Cassie are the only female rushdowns. The rest are zoner/keep away types. I don't want Sindel to be like Cetrion, I want her to move like Black Canary whilst having Zoning options.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Ok, ok, because you all asked (no one asked) here's my theory, and it IS just a theory , so no-one go spreading it as fact...
We're in agreement that, apart from the violence, MK is opening itself up liberally (Jax Ending, Women's outfits, Kung Jin's sexuality) and trying not to ruffle feathers with its content, yes?

So... the retconned lore starts normally, SIndel and Jerrod, rulers of Edenia, Kahn invades and takes over, but NOW, Sindel willingly betrays Edenia to hook up with Kahn and stay where the money is...

So, here's my thinking. In an era where video games are put under the microscope (rightfully, I might add) whenever any heavy topics are tackled, I think NRS are removing the suicide/forced marriage angle. I think this retcon has happened to remove the implentation of a woman, not only unwillingly forced to become a wife, (and who knows what else) against her will, but also from her committing suicide, and even - at a stretch - abandoning her daughter.

I'm not complaining here, or being 'OMG SJW', or any of that shit. This is just my theory. In the modern day, if you talk about something in a game like suicide, or a man literally forcing a woman to be his wife, in your storyline, you might earn controversy for it (again, I believe we SHOULD ask questions when games tackle those subjects) So I think maybe NRS are turning away from the more controversial aspects of SIndel's backstory. Its easier to have zero risk of backlash, even if people wouldnt have noticed anyway.

With this new storyline: no suicide, and Sindel isn't taken as a forced bride. She's made her own choices, albeit heel ones.

Finally, AGAIN, all theory, and presented as such. I ain't even mad about this, I'm just offering own my thoughts, so don't lose it if you disagree. No arguments.
I'm just happy she's in the game. Real happy.

Last edited:

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Ok, ok, because you all asked (no one asked) here's my theory, and it IS just a theory , so no-one go spreading it as fact...
We're in agreement that, apart from the violence, MK is opening itself up liberally (Jax Ending, Women's outfits, Kung Jin's sexuality) and trying not to ruffle feathers with its content, yes?

So... the retconned lore starts normally, SIndel and Jerrod, rulers of Edenia, Kahn invades and takes over, but NOW, Sindel willingly betrays Edenia to hook up with Kahn and stay where the money is...

So, here's my thinking. In an era where video games are put under the microscope (rightfully, I might add) whenever any heavy topics are tackled, I think NRS are removing the suicide/forced marriage angle. I think this retcon has happened to remove the implentation of a woman, not only unwillingly forced to become a wife, (and who knows what else) against her will, but also from her committing suicide, and even - at a stretch - abandoning her daughter.

I'm not raging here, or being OMG SJW, or anything like that. This is just my theory. In the modern day, if you talk about something like suicide or a man essentially forcing a woman to be his wife, as a storyline, you might get put under the microscope for it (again, I believe we SHOULD do this and ask questions when games tackle those subjects) So I think maybe NRS are turning away from the more controversial aspects of SIndel's backstory. Its easier to have zero risk of backlash, even if people wouldnt have noticed anyway.

This way, no suicide, and Sindel isn't taken as a forced bride, she's made her own choices, albeit heel ones.

Finally, AGAIN, all theory, and presented as such. And I ain't even mad about this, I'm just offering my thoughts, so don't lose it if you disagree. No arguments.
I'm just happy she's in the game. Real happy.
Yeah, her retcon seems more like a safe buisness move.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
It won't ever fit because in this timeline Sindel sacrificed herself just to stop Shao Kahn from conquering Earthrealm. If she did what had to be done for her daughter she wouldn't do such a blatant show of defiance.
I think she'll just be her brainwashed MK9 self. OR a revenant.
Apparently

She was murdered by Quan Chi on Shinnok's orders. Presumably, Quan Chi made it look like suicide so he could revive her on Earth. Remember: it was he who suggested Shao Kahn break the rules of the tournament. Again, a move by Shinnok to eliminatehis rival.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Let me be honest, if she doesn't have THE BOOBIES ima be really disappointed.
Flat girls are just fine. Half the girls in 11 are stacked anyway. 'Backstory' is much more important.

I personally prefer a coven witch type look or a morrigan style aesthetic with ravens feathers and wicca shit.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Anti-sexy arguments are so stale. I mean they're are even woman who prefer the sexy outfits. I'm gay and I like them. That doesn't mean I'll die if they aren't there though. I was side eyeing a few members trying SO hard to justify there need for sexy outfits with "All I want is to masterbate to female videogame characters, is that so bad?" like bruh, that's kinda the point of desexualized characters.
Since when does that make me anti-sexy? Lol all I said was that they are a loud obnoxious bunch who make a ton of noise about nothing important.

Its one thing to be down for whatever when it comes to costumes. But making it a culture war issue as if "the sjws are trying to take away our god given anime tiddies" is absurd.

I play DOA6 on the regular, btw. Dont know how I got labeled the prude around here.