What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
The backstory retcon is a bit weird. That changes so many things about Edenia’s history. But, we’ve already seen Geras speak of Sindel saying that she cared about Kitana above all else — maybe there’s more to her betrayal of Jerrod than it seems?

Excited for her above all others in the KP. Well, except for maybe Ash.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I'm stoked for Sindel. With no Sheeva 3 guests in KP1 it looks like I'm only buying her. Hopefully this time they do her justice and implement more hairography in her normals rather than just a special move.
If she's actually viable that'd be great too. But who am I kidding, I'm maining her no matter what. If I could make her work in bloody MK9, I'm sure as he'll maining her now too!

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I prefer the retcon. It stops Sindel being a victim, which has always been my gripe with her treatment over the years. But a manipulative Cersei tyrant, and someone who let everything burn because of her passion for a man she loves...it works better for me in terms of dramatic narrative.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I don’t get the retcon, so Sindel did not kill herself to put sort of a barrier on Earthrealm so that Shao Kahn cannot invade? Do they specify how she died?

EDIT: Or maybe this Sindel is from another timeline, like the non revenant Liu, Lao, etc... from the story?

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Christ. The "MK Women are wearing too much clothing" complaint is older than the Titanic.

I'm not a fan of the retcon, personally. I was hoping a full face-turn, with Sindel returning to the good guys and being super-pissed at how she'd been used as a tool by the villains. That's a neat character arc. Also, this new story really f***s with how MK3 happens in the first place.
But none of this matters anyway, as the entire story will be ditched come next game. I mean, she's described as "Queen of Outworld" when the MK 11 story has ALREADY crowned a new Queen of Outworld :D Deffo some alt-reality shiznit going on.

Honestly, I have a pretty viable theory for why they've done this retcon. But I don;t know whether to spell it out in case it starts OMG SJW POLITICKZ WARZ.

Anyway, I'm so frikkin' happy she's back, kinda locks me into the game for a couple of years.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
I prefer the retcon. It stops Sindel being a victim, which has always been my gripe with her treatment over the years. But a manipulative Cersei tyrant, and someone who let everything burn because of her passion for a man she loves...it works better for me in terms of dramatic narrative.
The way she speaks to Shao in the datamined dialogues, she doesn't love him at all, she only wants power and Shao was the way to take it. She's also portrayed as someone who loves sex slaves, so I guess she's ok with Shao being a big muscular guy. Yikes, those dialogues are sooo not the Sindel we remember.

PS: Where are the bios people are talking about? I only know about the datamined dialogues.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'm just here to see the bitchstorm the Bonerculture crowd will be making when she is reveal fully.

I think she is a fine character but I'm mroe of a Jade and Tanya guy.