What's new

simplist of all 3 2d's

dreemernj

Ambassador
No, there really was a 2 projectile at a time limit on "Galaga". It sounds like XBLA just ported the arcade version. Maybe you are thinking of a different game? Or maybe there's a home version or something where you have infinite fire?

The 2 at a time was an upgrade from Galaxian where you could only have 1 out at a time, lol.

EDIT: Here's some footage of Galaga
http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7bzn-51DFY

And someone made vids of 360 Galaga and it looks like they got it just right:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hFiU772TExE

galaga has a two shot on the screen limit only when they are close can you rapid fire their asses pretty hard game im crap and i can only get to the 5th or 6th stage :(

dreemernj

Ambassador
stick man said:
galaga has a two shot on the screen limit only when they are close can you rapid fire their asses pretty hard game im crap and i can only get to the 5th or 6th stage :(
LoL, this is getting way off topic. But anyway, no.

At any given time, only 2 bullets can be on the screen in Galaga. No matter where the enemies are. That's just how the game is. It's always been like that. I think Galaga 88 was like that too but it's been even longer since I played that.

MKK hanzo

OFF TOPIC:

Anyone else ever own a TurboGrafx16? Those things were awesome.
I still own mine and its da shit man. I play it from time to time. Stuff like Neutopia, Military Madness, Dragon Spirit and Tiger Road were among my best memories of gaming!

Aero Blasters. That game was great.
And the 0 gravity stage in wich you fight a boss with a chain? Man that game ruled!

dreemernj said:
No, there really was a 2 projectile at a time limit on "Galaga". It sounds like XBLA just ported the arcade version. Maybe you are thinking of a different game? Or maybe there's a home version or something where you have infinite fire?
Im sure it wasn't a Home version. The few Arcades Near my home Still Have Galaga inside. Maybe It just feels so much better on an Arcade unit so I thought it was shooting more than 2 at a time. Next time I go, I'll take footage.

iammud

Noob
for fairly exact ports you can get MK1 packaged with MK:deception the premium one.

you might be able to get mk1 to play decently on xbox mame, good luck though.

the MK's that come with midway arcade treasure 2 are mk2 and mk3, no mk1... mat1 doesn't have any mk game in it and mat3 is all racing.