What's new

simplist of all 3 2d's

i was playing this game earlier on mame, and im telling u i had a kick ass time playing it. of the three its the simplist and it has the most popular characters. its just plain fun to play and the specials and fatlaities are executed with ease. i LOVE IT!

krsx

Noob
I still get a kick out of the fatalities in MK1. Something about them, so satisfying compared to MK3 onwards.

XL

Noob
After MKII, the fatalities took a more comic/lighthearted turn. MKI and MKII fatalities were just plain awesome.

MK3's fatalities just don't measure up to MK2's.

does any 1 no were i can get mk1 coz i cant find it any were cheap and i no there is a plug n play thing but i cant see that neither

im thinking about getting the plug and play if i can find it... watch i will get it and then they will announce it for XBLA

XL

Noob
It wouldn't be that great for XBox Live, unless it was alot cheaper than UMK3. Online play would get kind of boring after awhile with so few characters to choose from.

That being said, if they'd add new features to it, or maybe (just maybe) make it like a hybrid and add a new exclusive playable character, that'd be awesome. They could just simply make Reptile playable and create a new move or two for him, as opposed to giving him Scorpion and Sub Zero's moves.

XL

Noob
Yeah, well, it's basically the same price as Midway Arcade Treaure games, which includes more games with it.

On the other hand, those aren't even close to arcade perfect.

XL said:
Yeah, well, it's basically the same price as Midway Arcade Treaure games, which includes more games with it.

I bought one of those Plug and Plays with Galaga on it and It was Horrible. Its the same thing as the 360 Version. You Can't Press the fire button fast enough. I hate it. In the Arcades your ship Fires each time you press the button. On the 360 and plug n play it shoots 2 shots at a time. Hate it... Galaga and MK are my all time favorite Arcade Games...

XL

Noob
I just hope that one day they'll release more classic MK games for the 360, so I won't have to buy things like Plug and Plays.

I don't know why Midway wouldn't, though. Doesn't it just make them more money in the end on games that are over a decade old?

dreemernj

Ambassador
XL said:
I just hope that one day they'll release more classic MK games for the 360, so I won't have to buy things like Plug and Plays.

I don't know why Midway wouldn't, though. Doesn't it just make them more money in the end on games that are over a decade old?
It still requires programming and testing time to port the games to 360. They aren't going to do it unless they can make a substantial chunk of change or at least get a lot of attention for it. UMK3 sold pretty well, and it got them a lot of attention, but the same wouldn't be true for the other MK arcade games.

XL

Noob
Well, they could be extremely lazy. I mean, it's been like two months since UMK3 was released, and there has been no new downloadable content. No new gamerpictures, no new themes, not new bonus content, not even a patch to fix problems.

But I would disagree with you on the attention things. MKII could be fun and a good seller. Sure, it may just be a projectile fest for most online matches, but I'm sure there are some players here on this site that would be fun to play.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would probably shit my pants if they did any more with UMK3 than they have on XBLA. What they did is acceptable, and that's that. Anymore would be going above and beyond the call of laziness.

XL

Noob
You really don't care that no one involved with creating the port is at all concerned with creating a patch to fix a few of the bugs?

I'm not saying they were lazy in creating the actual game, but alot of other game developers or the people at microsoft have added many extras to other arcade games, such as themes and gamerpictures.

I really want a Sub Zero gamer picture. :oops:

has anyone got proof of the error macro glitch on mk1

oh and i got a bet with my m8 wat is the official date of the release of mk1

i think shangs alittle fucked up

if you jump your he sends millions of fire balls your way, he does moves that arnt for the caracter he has changed into (might just be mine) and he cant phisically attack you in his own form

abc ur dead0 said:
XL said:

I bought one of those Plug and Plays with Galaga on it and It was Horrible. Its the same thing as the 360 Version. You Can't Press the fire button fast enough. I hate it. In the Arcades your ship Fires each time you press the button. On the 360 and plug n play it shoots 2 shots at a time. Hate it... Galaga and MK are my all time favorite Arcade Games...
I know what you mean dude, I love Galaga and went straight to buying it for XBLA. What a ripoff and waste of money.

I wish they'd make a port of TurboGrafx 16's Aero Blasters. That game was great. And also from that, there's this racing game I rally liked.. can't remember what it was. Anyone else ever own a TurboGrafx16? Those things were awesome.

dreemernj said:
Arcade Galaga always had the 2 shot limit.
No way, In the arcade it shot as fast as you pressed the button. On XBLA, it's 2 shots, untill you get close enough to the ships, then it shoots as fast as you press the a button. I don't know what happened, but I agree, It was a dissapointment.