What's new

Sick of the SF elitism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKK hanzo

Im not the person that complains about this but... I have been an MK and SF player allmy life (fuck tekken lol) and it is IMPRESSIVE how much "hate" and "disrespect"the SF community has for MK.

Guys for God´s sake, I think that MK9 is the 2nd or close 3rd game with MOST entrants at evo but... WHY IS NOT EVEN MENTIONED ON THEIR RESPECTIVE PAGES????

Look at the OFFICIAL EVO LIVE SCHEDULE:

http://evo2k.com/live/

Schedule
All times are PDT (GMT -7 Hours)

Friday, July 29
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Pool Play
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Quarter-Finals
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Semi-Finals
11:00 PM - whenever... EVO After Hours, Showmatches

Saturday, July 30
Marvel vs Capcom 3
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Pool Play
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Quarter-Finals
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Semi-Finals
11:00 PM - whenever... EVO After Hours, Showmatches

Sunday, July 31
Tournament Finals
We have a few surprises in store between tournament finals all day. Tune in!
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2
11:50 AM - 1:30 PM Tekken 6
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Third Strike Exhibition
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Marvel vs. Capcom 3
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
And Eventhubs?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/29/evo-2011-live-stream-team-sp00ky-x-iplaywinner/

NOT EVEN A MENTION. Despiting MK9 having a GREAT turnout and a "own stream".

Nah, Im sick of it, really. thx Sf for "letting mk9 piggyback you" but this is ridiculous.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This is why TYM exists, bro. I feel and know the pain, but we're not fucking going anywhere.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
In my experience, the SF community really doesn't handle the existence of other games well. It's a joke considering that MK9 is tenfold more competitive than AE. Probably why they shun it actually. All the previous MK games were imbalanced shitfests, but with the exception of Super Turbo and (S)SFIV, so were all the Street Fighter games.

Arturo Sanchez and Alex Valle are apeshit for this game, even Justin Wong shows support. But the SF community as a whole is full of (I hate using this terminology) bitches and salt. There's no reason to take them seriously at all.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
Im not the person that complains about this but... I have been an MK and SF player allmy life (fuck tekken lol) and it is IMPRESSIVE how much "hate" and "disrespect"the SF community has for MK.

Guys for God´s sake, I think that MK9 is the 2nd or close 3rd game with MOST entrants at evo but... WHY IS NOT EVEN MENTIONED ON THEIR RESPECTIVE PAGES????

Look at the OFFICIAL EVO LIVE SCHEDULE:

http://evo2k.com/live/

And Eventhubs?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/29/evo-2011-live-stream-team-sp00ky-x-iplaywinner/

NOT EVEN A MENTION. Despiting MK9 having a GREAT turnout and a "own stream".

Nah, Im sick of it, really. thx Sf for "letting mk9 piggyback you" but this is ridiculous.
Wow, just wow. The fact that they mentioned BlazBlue and Tekken when they pulled fewer people than MK definitely says something. People who said MK9 would die after EVO? Looks like EVO is trying to make MK9 die before EVO even finishes.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Yeah I have noticed that Street Fighters have the largest community. And when they see a smaller community? They poop on it. And we are being pooped on.

They aint pooping on Tekken as much now because of the crossover so we get twice as much poop. SO MUCH POOP.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Do u think this has anything to do with the publicity that MK has gotten for bein extremely violent n such? maybe Evo is starting to think it doesnt represent them well? i dont know. just a thought.

Dark_Rob

Noob
It is wrong to lay this entirely at the feet of the Street Fighter community. Some of the biggest names to ever play Street Fighter have embraced Mortal Kombat such as LI Joe, Floe,Justin Wong, and Arturo Sanchez.( Arturo specifically has done so much to support this game and the community, and he is now one of us to)

Shoryuken.com caters to the Street fighter community, its what that site is about. Testyourmight.com caters to the Mortal Kombat community, thats what this site is about. If SRK could promote our game and cater to our community better than TYM then there would be no need for us. But they cant, so that is why we are here.

The Street fighter community had to work hard for what it has, it did not come overnight to them. So must we. Weve made enormous strides over the past 2 years. Weve changed alot of peoples minds and opened alot of people eyes about competitive MK. But its important to remember that we made it happen. Not the SF community, not the Tekken community, not Blazblue or guilty gear, us.
EVO had over 500 entrants for MK9, third overall after SSF4AE and MVC3. There is no way anyone can look at that as anything other than a huge success for the red headed stepchild of the fighting game community.
We wont be kept out any longer. Weve put on our gown and slippers and we're going to the ball.

Whether you like it or not, MK is always going to be ignored by the majority. I think it has more to do with it being an American made game than anything else. There's this elitism about Japanese games over Western games as it is. It's especially true with fighting games. I, for the life of me, cannot see the appeal of the Marvel vs Capcom series. I feel like the game gets a free pass to be shitty because it's a Capcom game.

But things are on the up and up. MK9 is making strides in the right direction. Before long, it may be impossible for the FG purists to ignore it. So, I say we enjoy it while we can before we turn into MK hipsters when MK10 comes out!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Wow, just wow. The fact that they mentioned BlazBlue and Tekken when they pulled fewer people than MK definitely says something. People who said MK9 would die after EVO? Looks like EVO is trying to make MK9 die before EVO even finishes.
Well, in Hanzo's defense... I believe they were only mentioned because of his "rant".

... :(

I personally do not hate on or will ever hate on any other fighting game... you can't because that's why it's called the "fighting game community".

Just gotta keep on truckin'..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It is wrong to lay this entirely at the feet of the Street Fighter community. Some of the biggest names to ever play Street Fighter have embraced Mortal Kombat such as LI Joe, Floe,Justin Wong, and Arturo Sanchez.( Arturo specifically has done so much to support this game and the community, and he is now one of us to)

Shoryuken.com caters to the Street fighter community, its what that site is about. Testyourmight.com caters to the Mortal Kombat community, thats what this site is about. If SRK could promote our game and cater to our community better than TYM then there would be no need for us. But they cant, so that is why we are here.

The Street fighter community had to work hard for what it has, it did not come overnight to them. So must we. Weve made enormous strides over the past 2 years. Weve changed alot of peoples minds and opened alot of people eyes about competitive MK. But its important to remember that we made it happen. Not the SF community, not the Tekken community, not Blazblue or guilty gear, us.
EVO had over 500 entrants for MK9, third overall after SSF4AE and MVC3. There is no way anyone can look at that as anything other than a huge success for the red headed stepchild of the fighting game community.
We wont be kept out any longer. Weve put on our gown and slippers and we're going to the ball.
Rob is officially my spokesperson.

Holy fuck, dude. :popcorn:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Please tell me MK finals will be streamed instead of the Third Strike exhibition listed on that page...

MKK hanzo

Rob awesome post and yes,my bad for generalizing, but it seems to me like a BIG "omission" (is that the word? sorry for my bad english) to not list the game in the scheduleor to comment on the battlelogs etc (eventhubs NEVER does it).

And yes I DO THANK the SF players that have managed to get a grip of MK9 and even have done well (Valle, Sabin, Wong) playing and promoting.

Its just that "there is so much hate"...

Also ppl I just wanted to air my thoughts, sorry if I offended anyone, not my intention, and yes SF is a GREAT game and Im not calling anyone to stop it or something...

It looks as though they've updated the schedule and added Mortal Kombat.

Friday
Tournament Schedule

8:00 AM – 6:00 PM: Pool Play, SSF4:AE, MK9
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Quarterfinals, SSF4:AE MK9
8:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Semifinals, SSF4:AE, MK9

Sunday

All times are approximate! We will also have some surprises in store throughout the day.

10:00 AM: Blazblue Finals
12:00 AM: Tekken 6 Finals
2:00 PM: Mortal Kombat 9 Finals
3:30 PM: SF3 Third Strike Exhibition
5:00 PM: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Finals
6:30 PM: Screening, Balrog: Behind the Glory.
7:00 PM: SSF4:AE Finals
9:00 PM: Closing Ceremonies

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Well it's on the master schedule, but not on the stream schedule linked up top. Does that mean Spooky is showing 3S over MK finals?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Before this thread heads in the wrong direction I am going to close it. Rob answered this thread in the best way possible and I feel that it needs no further discussion/review.

MK finals will be streamed on the big screen (I assume) at 2PM PST tomorrow (Sunday).

Status
Not open for further replies.