What's new

Should Super Moves Do More Damage?

Should Super Moves in I2 Do More Damage?

• Yes, 4 bars should alter the match momentum completely

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • No, current damage is perfect

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
I wholeheartedly disagree. SF supers get used because of their utility not damage. They are comboable from specials, and most of them add an element to the characters gameplay that otherwise would not exist. NRS supers (in most cases) are only slightly more useful than some other armored move they already have, which I guess is why people think damage is the answer.

I believe super usage at high level increased, during MKX because of some of the parries and such but NRS is still lightyears behind Capcom in super move design. A damage buff is only going to make low level play worse.
Uh, you're insane if you think SFV supers are used more for utility than dmg. Almost every super use is in a combo for the explicit purpose of adding an extra 200+ dmg to that combo so it will kill. There are obviously ways to use it outside of combos but 9/10 timesyou see a super in a competitive match it's as a combo ender or as a single hit confirm/buffer into max dmg. They do godlike dmg in that game and with the maximum scaling are still worth using.

They're also used because of how fast you build meter in that game, you can super pretty much every round that's close.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
some combos in this game do 50-60% for a bar, into a vortex... doesn't matter how much they buff supers they will still be a waste of meter. unless for closing up games for unbreakeable damage.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Despite it costing 4 bars, its still a hefty sum of unclashable(SP?) damage.
Either way though, most people that know how to play generally don't even reach 4 bars the entire match as far as I'm aware.

I think the damage for it is fine considering you can't clash it, and as mentioned people rarily even hit 4 bars anyway.
Plus they do get old fast.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
apparently if you mash buttons during super it does more damage? Something I heard don't know for sure.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Raw super should do 40ish% and a super at the end of a combo should scale very well and lead to 50%+.

I should not get more damage for a 1 bar combo than a combo ending in super. That's ridiculous.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
No, the damage is fine because you are spending four bars on an invincible, non stuffable, often anti zoning, anti pressure, anti jump in move that gives you free damage if timed correctly.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
No, the damage is fine because you are spending four bars on an invincible, non stuffable, often anti zoning, anti pressure, anti jump in move that gives you free damage if timed correctly.