What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Should S.B. military stance be normalized?

Should S.B. military stance be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 91 92.9%

• Total voters

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
i agree but the OH LOW is breakable:
The OH low string (b14) is gapless if you space it correctly. If you do it from a range, you can't armor through it. And it's not that the arc kick has a gap, it's just that the move itself is unsafe. lol

Stop exposing her weaknesses, let's keep them all a secret until she wins EVO. :DOGE

rafaw

#YouSuck
Im having some trouble agains sonia ms, reading here i conclude this:
I know B14 depends on the range to cover the gap, but i will assume B14 is safe just to cover all options.
-B14 into MS low is guaranted, but its safe or punishable on block?
-B14 into MS OH has a gap and its punishable on block.
-B14 into MS Grab is guaranted unless i nj/nduck.

Is that right?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Im having some trouble agains sonia ms, reading here i conclude this:
I know B14 depends on the range to cover the gap, but i will assume B14 is safe just to cover all options.
-B14 into MS low is guaranted, but its safe or punishable on block?
-B14 into MS OH has a gap and its punishable on block.
-B14 into MS Grab is guaranted unless i nj/nduck.

Is that right?
MS low: punishable on block, low reward except in the corner
MS OH: very slow, can be armored through (i'm not sure but I don't think Cassie can regular flipkick to interrupt), punishable on block, high reward
MS grab: low reward (10% and knock down is lol, then you have to worry about delayed wakeup/armored wakeup/wake up throw).
The low and grab have 10 frame startup, cannot be block/dodge on reaction. You must make good read to punish either of them.
Be warned that if your opponents back dash the low of B14, the full string B142 will come out and you'll die

rafaw

#YouSuck
MS low: punishable on block, low reward except in the corner
MS OH: very slow, can be armored through (i'm not sure but I don't think Cassie can regular flipkick to interrupt), punishable on block, high reward
MS grab: low reward (10% and knock down is lol, then you have to worry about delayed wakeup/armored wakeup/wake up throw).
The low and grab have 10 frame startup, cannot be block/dodge on reaction. You must make good read to punish either of them.
Be warned that if your opponents back dash the low of B14, the full string B142 will come out and you'll die
Thks for the answer, i dont play with Sonya, just having trouble againt her :D

Do you know how - she is after a blocked MS low?

What do you recomend me(a JC main) as the safest to do against it?
Start blocking low for a bit and then stand block and punish?
Armor after the string canceled into MS?(this will get blow up by MS low/Grab)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Stay out of the corner where she has 2 combo launchers
Practice back dashing the B14 then punish her, if you can do this you can win much easier
Duck block first then react block the overhead. But as I said before you must make good read to punish her heavily, it's based on your experience and how yolo you are
One more note: any normal xx MS Low has no gap (unless she delays it), if you input your armored then release block button you will get hit by the low. I don't recommend you trying to armor through any of MS option because your armors are very punishable, and the low has 2 hits that can stuff your ex nut punch.
A funny thing about the JC vs Sonya matchup: Sonya CANNOT punish ex nut punch on block. It's about -12 on block with push back, some characters are pushed back much further by the 2nd hit of ex nut punch and Sonya is one of them. After your ex nut punch is block you should prepare for a B14 coming. But ex nut punch is terrible on whiff, don't use that as wake up if Sonya knocks you down and walks back

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Sonya has more holes than Swiss Cheese man, and is the unsafe queen next to Ermac.

CO is fine, it is also her worst variation imo. Demo for now being the best.

But all variations are viable.

Why do people even focus so much on the gap from her b14~MS Overhead?

It's negative infinity on block. Don't armor through the gap, don't poke interrupt the gap. If you know it's coming, block and punish.

Sonya Players should be hit confirming into MS and then doing the instant MS block cancel. This allows them to use the 50/50 for a combo but block out of MS should the 50/50 string get blocked. Instead they CHOOSE to go with the MS 50/50 afterwards. Choosing to be unsafe doesnt really mean she is unsafe.
IIRC, B14 on itself is unsafe, so I don't see a reason to confirm and not do MS if it's blocked.

And the MS mixup is a 33/33/33 mixup, which comes after a 50/50 mixup. So if an unsafe B14 is blocked, why stop myself from going into MS and having one extra chance to score a hit and go unpunished?

Dedlock

Noob
One thing I;ve also noted is MS1 has either poor range, or hitbox issues which causes it to whiff and leaving me face to face with death.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Why do people even focus so much on the gap from her b14~MS Overhead?

It's negative infinity on block. Don't armor through the gap, don't poke interrupt the gap. If you know it's coming, block and punish.
B14 will take you to the guessing world of MS and B14 MS cancel is safe on block. Do you want to play guessing game or to stay away from MS?

B14 will take you to the guessing world of MS and B14 MS cancel is safe on block. Do you want to play guessing game or to stay away from MS?
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

It's a guess to interrupt the gap at all, because the gap might not be there. So why go for the guess that gets you a 1% poke when you could go for the guess that gets you a full combo punish without using meter for armor?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

It's a guess to interrupt the gap at all, because the gap might not be there. So why go for the guess that gets you a 1% poke when you could go for the guess that gets you a full combo punish without using meter for armor?
Do you play Sonya? The gapless B14 happens like 5% of the time and when she's trying to space herself perfectly for it there's a high chance that B14 completely miss as well. So you think after you block B14 and you can punish everything she does easily "without using meter and armor"? Wrong

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Do you play Sonya? The gapless B14 happens like 5% of the time and when she's trying to space herself perfectly for it there's a high chance that B14 completely miss as well. So you think after you block B14 and you can punish everything she does easily "without using meter and armor"? Wrong
He mains Sonya and I have a 70% sucess rate with gapless B14, I'd say.

B1 has an 11 frame startup. Even adding active frames- if someone's poking out of b14 on reaction. Then yes, I'd say they might as well let Sonya go into MS, block everything on reaction, and then win Evo.

No one's ever interrupted my b14. I don't see it happening in tournaments either. Let's not pretend there's no good reason behind that.