What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Should S.B. military stance be normalized?

Should S.B. military stance be normalized?

• Yes

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 91 92.9%

• Total voters
The second you see her cancel into stance backdash or punish if she does the unsafe stuff. The overhead and grab can be fuzzied. Or armor is an option as well. Good players that I play against sometimes even make me second guess If I should cancel into stance. I even have to stagger strings or grab more so now. That says a lot this early in the games life
It wasnt until I finally watched all of Supernatural that I finally got your avatar.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i asked for its normalization as well.
her MS is her main tool in Covert Ops, it would ruin her to fuck with it.... she is fine the way she is, block her 50/50 and she is super punishable, if you get matchup experiance with her you will notic the difference between her low or OH starter and her MS3/4

Death

Noob
no it should not be change. in 6 months people will open their eyes and see that sonya is not even top 10
She is mixup heavy. Tough to say about not being top 10. The MS stance will open people up to grabs and stagger strings and fearing the stance but I see what your saying.

I think as the meta evolves characters with powerful wake up games will be top. Especially the ones with armored launchers. But Sonya weakness imo is her wake up game and neutral game which in the long run could be problematic (CO var)

MadeOfMetal

has anyone had glitches with her WU leg grab hit box connecting airborne opponents?

also sometimes her arc kick ex wake up only grazes opponent close up, one tick on armor and she fly's over them.....

i wish she would grab them by the head with her legs and carry dat beach across map.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Yes normalize every character i dont play so i have a chance at winning something.

But really no its fine theres nothing to normalize

MadeOfMetal

this will settle it, she is far from unpublishable. so c for yourself, im sure i left a whole bunch out, but here is some common combos that Sonya CO uses:

haketh

Noob
Hard knockdown then 50/50 with B1 from the right range allows B14~MS~instant block cancel to be safe and uninterruptable.
Yeah Spooky found this like Day 3 and got it down, it's super good & more CO Sonya's need to do it more often

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah Spooky found this like Day 3 and got it down, it's super good & more CO Sonya's need to do it more often
The reason Sonya mains dont do it is because most players dont give them a reason to. As soon as I started armoring through after blocking b14 they quickly started canceling the MS. Its kind of lame but I dont want to see any more changes for a long time.

haketh

Noob
The reason Sonya mains dont do it is because most players dont give them a reason to. As soon as I started armoring through after blocking b14 they quickly started canceling the MS. Its kind of lame but I dont want to see any more changes for a long time.
Honestly I think Sonya is fine, she's REALLY good when she's in, possibly one of the best but she doesn't exactly have the best footsies & get in power after the Dive kick nerf. She's basically a KOF grappler which is tight.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I hate Sonya and I don't think it should be normalized. They did nerf the whiff recovery of the dive kick and that was my biggest complaint. Other than that I think she's fine.

Some could argue about the speed of the overhead low string though. I been their. But that's workable to get over

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Honestly I think Sonya is fine, she's REALLY good when she's in, possibly one of the best but she doesn't exactly have the best footsies & get in power after the Dive kick nerf. She's basically a KOF grappler which is tight.
plus no one talks about the fact that she has shit wakeups all punishable. And the arch kick's Armour fazes out like less than 1/3 through. Plus the damage decreases with the farther range she travels.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Hell no.

It's like I see Sonya downplayers everywhere I go. lol

But seriously, MS is fair because even though it can be hard to read the mixups, they're all unsafe on block, except for the command grab, iirc.

haketh

Noob
Hell no.

But seriously, MS is fair because even though it can be hard to read the mixups, they're all unsafe on block, except for the command grab, iirc.
You can just duck the Command grab and punish

cambros22

Hell no.

you can neutral duck or neutral jump the command grab. full punish on whiff

cambros22

Yeah, buff Sonya. :DOGE

Just kidding. That's why I think the SF variation will become her best one, sooner or later people. Give it time.
Demolition can deffinanlty give special forces a run for its money. cant pass up meterless 39 percent midscreen on hit confirm

MadeOfMetal

I hate Sonya and I don't think it should be normalized. They did nerf the whiff recovery of the dive kick and that was my biggest complaint. Other than that I think she's fine.

Some could argue about the speed of the overhead low string though. I been their. But that's workable to get over
i agree but the OH LOW is breakable: