Votes: 62 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
lol
Meat was the first grappler in MK history

-unblockable command throw 24% (tell me if it looks familiar in the video)
-low command throw (blockable but led to a juggle)
-and the traditional throw that you should neer use because of how much damage the command throw did + its range

man I loved meat. I hope he comes back, that bowling head move still gets me laughing

I could see Sheeva, Sonya and Jax as fearsome grapplers. Noob could also be interesting as a gimmicky grappler instead of a gimmicky zoner.

But I can't shake this feeling that Nightwolf will be the only true grappler in MK10 lol.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Yes and pls nrs for the love of god drop this weird inputs and just make them normal like bf or df not this awkward bfb or bfdb nonsense!

Though staying on topic,no. The gameplay of MK would make them awful or broken somehow.They would have to redesign how the game plays around them.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yes, it would be weird if they went back to blockable grabs.

I'm personally rooting for Tremor, or Nightwolf if he returns.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Idk, having untechable command grabs with a block button sounds wonky.
Why do you say that? I don't really feel opposed or in support of them either way. But I'm curious why the block button might pose an issue.

MK9 had Sheeva's Low Grab and then you had Kano's and Jax's X-Rays. I would imagine if implemented, command grabs would work like faster, less powerful versions of those.

RoGE

Noob
as long as you can avoid them by jumping on wake up I'll be fine with them. Guaranteed wake up grabs are dumb.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
On stick or pad, I never had any problems with the DBF motion, in fact I liked it.

At first I thought people were just crazy when they were complaining about it, but more and more came out of the woodwork saying fuck that motion.

How exactly do you guys mess up doing it, on which part? On stick or pad? I'm curious, as I just don't get it.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
well i was developing some of the tech at the time, so, yep. he was a fun, interesting, and poorly designed character. but presumably they've learned more about character design through mk9 and especially igau, which manages to have some really fun and crazy stuff even while keeping things pretty well balanced. i hope they'll figure out a way to include command grabs in 10.
You need to post more bro.

i played cyrax in mk9 until they nerfed the "command grab" to worse than it started. that coincided with although was not the only cause of me dropping that game
its sad, mk9 was similar to injustice, started off with people playing it like scrubby idiots, eventually mk9 developed a really solid spacing game in which jumps were not nearly as rewarding and it became about zoning fundamentals, reads, spacing and pressure, and also abusing top tiers to a degree. Kung lao is still overwhelming and cheap and s tier, despite combo, spin and low hat nerfs. Cyrax is beyond broken, arguably 2 or 3 due to his damage. Without his damage his footsie game is phenomonal and net is one of the best tools in the game, and bombs allow for a good okie game. too bad his damage ruined all of the interesting things about him. And smoke can no longer air-to-air jump kick for 50+% when he is supposed to be a runaway/footsie character who cannot be zoned.

all the infinite nerfs and the character nerfs like raiden nerfs made sense. And they did an even better job in injustice with it despite some of the games flaws. Raiden is a good character still he's just really difficult to play and requires patience, reactions, and superb fundamentals, he's not a brainless teleport rushdown character. He was intended to be an ultimate turtle/ mindgames / footsies character, which he was, but nobody ever untapped his potential because everybody dropped him before the game was fleshed out.

In hindsight, cyrax was flawed by nature do to his design and the inability to get rid of his damage potential without ruining his gameplan entirely due to his bombs being unblockable, people were upset by the stuff they patched early on but everything they patched for the most part made complete sense.

Cyrax's command grab now grants free pressure, which is amazing or you could setup a trap in which it is escapable but forces your opponent to guess. Its very cheap still considering his damage output. It would be a very interesting move if he was more normal in damage. In fact it would lend to guessing situations and all sorts of setups so you actually get rewarded for predicting your opponent and making good reads, rather than being a douche who gets too much damage off of guessing between command grabs and pressure which could lead to 100%. Free command grabs in a game like mk9 is tough enough, i think the idea of an escapable setup is much more interesting than a free 60% off a command grab like he used to have, probably more with new tech. In fact i think his command grab needs more pushback so its about bomb placement or spacing... oh well...

If you ask me patches make the game more interesting, getting rid of the super abusive shit that wins majors, rewards thoughtful players and the more refined aspects of fighting games. Plus change breeds technology. Fighting games are generally the worst competitive genre in my experience because of how much they are about abuse of character and matchup.

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
On stick or pad, I never had any problems with the DBF motion, in fact I liked it.

At first I thought people were just crazy when they were complaining about it, but more and more came out of the woodwork saying fuck that motion.

How exactly do you guys mess up doing it, on which part? On stick or pad? I'm curious, as I just don't get it.
It's not a huge deal. It's just three input directions compared to the typical two. The vast majority of moves are two directions which begins to feel natural. You add a third input and it's a little slower, a little more awkward. Especially if the three inputs don't "flow" together like a half-circle input.