What's new

should i buy mk4 for n64

dreemernj

Ambassador
If you really like MK4 it's probably worth it. The graphics are better on N64. I don't know if the gameplay is any better though. And having both is cool because then you have the FMV endings from PSX.

i would get it for my n64 but i dont have my n64 with me right now
never played the ps1 version but the n64 version was pretty good
u still get the same type of endings but the graphics for it are gameplay graphics not fmv

RoGE

Noob
graphics look good on the N64, the problems are that you can't save the endings and the fact that your crappy on the N64.
PSX gots worst graphics but very good FMV endings and you can save them.
N64 version has NO loading times.
I'd say the N64 version is ok to go.

RoGE

Noob
If you got the PSX version then there is no real good reason to buy a similar version with a view different things.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
dreemernj said:
If you really like MK4 it's probably worth it. The graphics are better on N64. I don't know if the gameplay is any better though. And having both is cool because then you have the FMV endings from PSX.
The N64 has the FMV endings that the arcade had just like PSX, only difference is the save option.

Just played some MK 4 before actually lol.

For the thread topic, I'd definitely buy it. It's great and overall much better then the PSX version :wink:

MKF30

If the PSX plays the arcade endings, then they both have the same endings. The N64 plays the video endings just like the arcade versions.

I played the PSX version a long time ago, hated it but from what I remember they had the video endings too so why would they be any different?

Tim Static

Adminerator
The only PSX MK worth a shit is Trilogy, and that game is so fucking broken, its almost not fun sometimes.

The PSX versions of MK3 & MK4 are fucking TERRIBLE.

MKF30 said:
If the PSX plays the arcade endings, then they both have the same endings. The N64 plays the video endings just like the arcade versions.

I played the PSX version a long time ago, hated it but from what I remember they had the video endings too so why would they be any different?
The PSX and N64 endings are not the same. Period.

Tim Static said:
The only PSX MK worth a shit is Trilogy, and that game is so fucking broken, its almost not fun sometimes.

The PSX versions of MK3 & MK4 are fucking TERRIBLE.
True, but I'd rather watch a crappy ending in MK4 on PSX than to hear a story while I look at a stupid Kata in the MK Armageddon ending.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Mk4 for n64 uses in game graphics for its endings. Same with the arcade.

Mk4 for Pc and psx and mkg for dc use pre-rendered. The prerendered look A LOT better. But considering the quality of the psx and pc graphics overall, they dont seem worth it to me. Especially since now you can just go and watch them on youtube anyway.

MKF30

ÐarkMoon said:
MKF30 said:

The PSX and N64 endings are not the same. Period.
No..They both have the Same STORYLINE endings.... :roll: despite how they look, they're accurate to the arcade MK4...what else do you think I'm talking about?