What's new

Question Should green arrow be higher tier list?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
He probably changed his name. :cool:
Its possible, everyone who did change his name, has a custom title that remind us who he is, just like you see in Cossner saying "i'm just the Postman", @Shadowebb, Chongo and me the "Skarlet's Blue Print"

his says "Don't Feed the trools" and he has the Premium supporter, so its possible, i just don't remember of seeing him around much since the time i spent here (september 2011 until today), so maybe he did changed his name.

Nori Batousai? where you a character mod? or a TYM Full mod?

He's got what it takes to win a Tournament. So, I don't see why he wouldn't be considered a Top 10 char.

Jimmypotato Grundy loses BAD to GA. It's probably more like 7-3 in GA's favor.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Green Arrow didn't have what it takes to win a major, the other players just didn't have what it takes to deny Chris G a fraudulent victory:p

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
He's got what it takes to win a Tournament. So, I don't see why he wouldn't be considered a Top 10 char.

Jimmypotato Grundy loses BAD to GA. It's probably more like 7-3 in GA's favor.

I worked pretty hard on that match up this weekend and got to play a pretty good one offline, and I think you could be right about this, I wasn't playing this one right,

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I worked pretty hard on that match up this weekend and got to play a pretty good one offline, and I think you could be right about this, I wasn't playing this one right,
Would you mind giving me a pointer? I have a hard time against him because GA's ranged game doesn't really discourage mindless rushdown, and I haven't found a good way to deal with armor grabs from Grundy. I feel like GA basically can't pressure Grundy on wake up at all, and that's kind of how Ga works:/

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Would you mind giving me a pointer? I have a hard time against him because GA's ranged game doesn't really discourage mindless rushdown, and I haven't found a good way to deal with armor grabs from Grundy. I feel like GA basically can't pressure Grundy on wake up at all, and that's kind of how Ga works:/
Here's what I was trying this weekend, and had alot of success with( I don't think it's 7-3 arrow, but I think it might be 6-4 maybe, maybe even, just because of grundy damage potential. )

You dont' wanna pressure him on wake up at all, because he will fuck your life up.

Bassically DB2 move is your best friend in this match up, you wanna play it at just outside of sweep range.

From here you can DB2 on reaction to WC ( DB2 will get you away from WC at close range as well, Even D1~DB2)

You have to think of yourself as a little mosqito in this match up, you're not going to really be able to pressure him because of his Armor trait and WC, so you have to be in and out and stay safe with the DB2 escape option.

DO NOT FIRE ARROWS AT HIM, he can MB swamp hands or just WC you on reaction, then you get to say night night.

If he does try meter burn swamp hands, at the right distance away you should be able to dash in d1~freeze on block.

You wanna be in and out looking for D1~Freeze when you can, be carefull with your cross ups as well, don't over use them, his AA throw is insanely good and seems to beat out J3 ALOT.

If for some reason he goes for his super, which he may because you will be annoying the shit outta him lol, stay grounded and don't run away, just D1~arrow him over and over and he won't be able to do a thing to you,

if you are patient and stay in that range there is really not alot he can do to you, and you will slowely chip away at him.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
his says "Don't Feed the trools" and he has the Premium supporter, so its possible, i just don't remember of seeing him around much since the time i spent here (september 2011 until today), so maybe he did changed his name.

I changed my name, used to be Nori. I added the "Batousai" part due to my friend that passed away.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Here's what I was trying this weekend, and had alot of success with( I don't think it's 7-3 arrow, but I think it might be 6-4 maybe, maybe even, just because of grundy damage potential. )

You dont' wanna pressure him on wake up at all, because he will fuck your life up.

Bassically DB2 move is your best friend in this match up, you wanna play it at just outside of sweep range.

From here you can DB2 on reaction to WC ( DB2 will get you away from WC at close range as well, Even D1~DB2)

You have to think of yourself as a little mosqito in this match up, you're not going to really be able to pressure him because of his Armor trait and WC, so you have to be in and out and stay safe with the DB2 escape option.

DO NOT FIRE ARROWS AT HIM, he can MB swamp hands or just WC you on reaction, then you get to say night night.

If he does try meter burn swamp hands, at the right distance away you should be able to dash in d1~freeze on block.

You wanna be in and out looking for D1~Freeze when you can, be carefull with your cross ups as well, don't over use them, his AA throw is insanely good and seems to beat out J3 ALOT.

If for some reason he goes for his super, which he may because you will be annoying the shit outta him lol, stay grounded and don't run away, just D1~arrow him over and over and he won't be able to do a thing to you,

if you are patient and stay in that range there is really not alot he can do to you, and you will slowely chip away at him.
I found interesting anti-wake up strategy against Grundy. After freeze I do B3 dash in D2~icy arrow 223 hold arrow. Now from here you have option for low/overhead , but against Grundy, if I think he will do WC I do back dash cancel arrow NJ3 D1~icy arrow and over again. If he stops waking up I go for low/overhead arrow.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I found interesting anti-wake up strategy against Grundy. After freeze I do B3 dash in D2~icy arrow 223 hold arrow. Now from here you have option for low/overhead , but against Grundy, if I think he will do WC I do back dash cancel arrow NJ3 D1~icy arrow and over again. If he stops waking up I go for low/overhead arrow.

Good trick unless he cancels his WC and you jump into his D2 for full combo and grundy reset.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Its possible, everyone who did change his name, has a custom title that remind us who he is, just like you see in Cossner saying "i'm just the Postman", @Shadowebb, Chongo and me the "Skarlet's Blue Print"

Shadowebb is my final form. I'm just shaowebb. To become Shadowebb I require 5bars and dark resurrection.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Tiers are for queers

If you use a character just cuz of it's tier class then you're gay.

I started using Green Arrow to compliment my Bman and I'm really happy with it. This combos can end in db4 to load ice arrows with you literally on top of them, you poke low~d4 for low and they're froze again...the segway between the two is quick as fuck. GA isn't S tier but A is where he belongs...people saying Chris G is God, I understand that but if he used Bane or Joker or Lobo, would he be tourney winner? No, GA is better than people give him credit for...but I'm not going to hype him up as a top 5 or even top 8...maybe not even 10 but he's good enough to be taken seriously...I think a good GA can punish BA pretty decent on his divekick if you read it