What's new

Question Should green arrow be higher tier list?

But you didn't analyze anything. You came with some gimmicky stuff and said "he's underrated". That's not analyzing. If you actually analyzed his gameplay you'd arrive to the same conclusions I did. You know, playing him for the past 2 months at a good level.
I have I just haven't talked about it yet, but to be honest this is an old thread, this just all started cuz I posted Tom Brady talking smack about green arrow so I thought it applied to this thread, but I really don't care anymore lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

#hopeforhood

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Are you that dumb? How does that even work? FT5, I'll baby the shit out of you. I wrote above, I body the shit out of people but I feel that, as soon as they learn the MU, which will happen down the line, he won't be nearly as effective.
Yes, you need to play the character, understand him and know his strengths and weaknesses to make match up assumptions.
"Tournament experience that goes to nationals", dude, I'm a top Mexican MK player and I've gone to international events, even placing nicely, so STFU. I've never heard of you placing high though, and I've been pretty involved in this scene for a while now. Will you even go to EVO? I want to MM you there, see if you're as top as you think you are.
I didn't see how you are playing him, bur most of the Green Arrow gameplay i have seen is: knock the opponent down , reload icy arrow and jump. After the patch is not the best idea to do it all the time. Specialy in the corner. You have to keep them standing and use other mix ups to keep them guessing. If i am dumb.......No i am not. I just don't feel that Green Arrow has very bad match ups. If you the same stuff over and over again, then yes, they will learn you match up. That is the good think about Arrow...........keep them guessing!About beating my ass......i would love you to try, but i am on PSN(Europe).

MoldMan

Noob
To answer your previous question roko. I block their first attack and then sword flip them. I avoid their super

Roko1985

To answer your previous question roko. I block their first attack and then sword flip them. I avoid their super
I don't get it! You mean that you avoid Arrow's super? 111 on hit can be jumped with half of the cast, but after freeze reloading freozen arrow into super is not jumpable. Or like Tom B. said after F2D13(on block) is very hard to back dash. So if they had used the clash, you can do easy havy damage.

MoldMan

Noob
I don't get it! You mean that you avoid Arrow's super? 111 on hit can be jumped with half of the cast, but after freeze reloading freozen arrow into super is not jumpable. Or like Tom B. said after F2D13(on block) is very hard to back dash. So if they had used the clash, you can do easy havy damage.
The first one lol...

Roko1985

The first one lol...
Ok, but still not easy to do online! If you know wich characters can be used against, can be very usefull! But there is many other set ups to land his super. He doesn't need meter for his combos, so super in the end is kind a what is going to happen!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So about that Chris G thing.. I'll settle that for anyone who hasn't been following the history of the game; Chris G went GA all the way through because no one he faced really knew how to fight GA. He was hitting people with every single reset, gimmick, and d1->ice arrow, so why switch?

If people had known the matchup, he would have switched to BA in order to stay competitive, like he's done in every other stacked tournament lately where people knew the GA matchup.

Anyone who disputes this either hasn't been keeping up or probably doesn't understand the game. It doesn't take away from his awesome performance; but people need to be realistic.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
lol @ the guy talking like WoundCowboy, Jeremiah, PPJ, Sabin and everyone Chris G beat at UFGT9 are a bunch of random weaksauce players who don't know how to play.

I said top 10 but there's a lot of great characters in this game so it's hard to say. He's probably more upper mid-tier yeah..

However it's pretty silly to be like: "Oh yeah, Chris G won with GA and all but GA is still shit, Chris G is just super good."

lol no. When discussing tier lists you have to take into consideration all characters played at the highest possible level (aka how Chris G uses GA) not how RockstarSquirrel95 uses GA.

i think chris g is playing the game at a higher level them most right now though, so thats why it looks so good, it'll be funny in a year when my numbers look right, but it is what it is, i'm no pro, never claimed to be, and no one is saying GA is shit, NO ONE IS SAYING THAT lol,

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Let me get this straight:
- You don't play the game at a high level, yet you can give opinion about a character.
- You base your opinion in a player that historically does good with any character. And based on your logic, Kano should be higher in the tier list because he was in a top 8 this past February.
- You have been longer in this community, yet I just asked a bunch of prominent community members who you were and no one seems to know you (including the boyfriend, who has been here since january 2009).
- You're not going to Evo, and I've never heard about you in any tournament ever. Yet you come here and try to talk me down, even though I do spend money and time going to actual tournaments, not just opening my mouth and saying I have "national experience".
- You won't money match me, because you know you're terrible at the game. Problem with TYM nowdays, is people like you. Sure let's have a non-constructive talk about how PL/ChrisG did something, completely negating objective facts about the game because you don't play at that level and the only reference you have is those 2. Because you don't know any other top players. :REO
- You don't seem to know me. Which is weird, since most of the community knows me. And if you knew me you'd know that I love having this arguments. Makes my e-peen big.

*Expects the obligatory "I didn't mention PL" reply, because he doesn't understand the Filthy Casual theme he's going for*

lol yo........ I love you Cossner :)

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
It is not just that! Green Arrow can rape you in the corner with his vortex. His fire arrow are good full screen or half screen. His electric arrow are good in the corner. And about icy arrows.......well you know, combos , resets and all kind of dirty shit! The damage of his combos is not bad.25-30% with reloading arrow is very good actually. In the second life bar if they use the clash, you have a free super into reset set up that may win you the game. He is more then good. I will say top 8!
I don't play GA, and i enjoy Cossners mega trollage as much, if not more than the next guy. But a super off a clash, leading into setups that could win you the match?

Instant Top 3.

So about that Chris G thing.. I'll settle that for anyone who hasn't been following the history of the game; Chris G went GA all the way through because no one he faced really knew how to fight GA. He was hitting people with every single reset, gimmick, and d1->ice arrow, so why switch?

If people had known the matchup, he would have switched to BA in order to stay competitive, like he's done in every other stacked tournament lately where people knew the GA matchup.

Anyone who disputes this either hasn't been keeping up or probably doesn't understand the game. It doesn't take away from his awesome performance; but people need to be realistic.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only times I've seen him switch is when he plays supes, another BA and when he got decimated by reo, and in that game he even tried mirror batman.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

Which pretty much speaks for what I've thought for awhile now...Green Arrow is scary if you haven't practiced blocking his strings. If you have then he suddenly has it pretty rough as likely wont win a life lead easily without his main strings of lightem up and queens gambit putting in the work to land him combos. His other stuff is too low damage and takes a lot of work so if you see him getting consistently blocked change characters, because you just lost your main tools to experience and he cant just add up the damage on zoning + chip.

Good character but mid tier to very low high tier is as good as he gets due to low damage and nigh total dependence on resets and two strings for his mixups.

Which pretty much speaks for what I've thought for awhile now...Green Arrow is scary if you haven't practiced blocking his strings. If you have then he suddenly has it pretty rough as likely wont win a life lead easily without his main strings of lightem up and queens gambit putting in the work to land him combos. His other stuff is too low damage and takes a lot of work so if you see him getting consistently blocked change characters, because you just lost your main tools to experience and he cant just add up the damage on zoning + chip.

Good character but mid tier to very low high tier is as good as he gets due to low damage and nigh total dependence on resets and two strings for his mixups.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Saffa

Noob
I don't play GA.. I play Harley.. That being said..

You folks have something that we in camp Quinn dont and that is a top notch player showing you how it is done in ChrisG..
I am not saying- Mimic him and become a G Clone.. But his play can defiantly motivate you to up your game and see what he does right to make his GA so formidable. Having a pro with the ability to see his/her matches champion your character from jump street is an outstanding tool to be utilized. If I were in your boat I would start paying more attention to what he does have and how top players get the most mileage out of him, than what he lacks.

The scary thing is that Chris G is not even utalising half of Arrow's tools yet.

shaowebb

The scary thing is that Chris G is not even utalising half of Arrow's tools yet.
He's using his good punish tools though. Chris G is plays his opponent more than the matchup because he is simply so great and making reads and reacting quickly. Green Arrow's basic toolset is perfect for someone like that. Great mobility and lots of attacks to cover every angle of approach. It doesn't surprise me a player like Chris G hasn't needed to dig deeply with Green Arrow to get results given how good he is at playing in this manner.

Saffa

Noob
He's using his good punish tools though. Chris G is plays his opponent more than the matchup because he is simply so great and making reads and reacting quickly. Green Arrow's basic toolset is perfect for someone like that. Great mobility and lots of attacks to cover every angle of approach. It doesn't surprise me a player like Chris G hasn't needed to dig deeply with Green Arrow to get results given how good he is at playing in this manner.
Yeah, I'm not saying he is not using the best tools (he obviously is). But I'm sure he could round the character out even more once he starts working in a couple of other things in the right situation.

I do the same thing. Only special I ever seem to use is db2, but I really should try work in some others.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I honestly think the only thing Chris G needs to work on is getting optimal corner damage, Aside from that, I believe he's golden.
I took care of that. I was annoyed by him doing these weak combos, so I messaged him and told him some stuff. He got back to me a day later and said thanks, and that he used what I gave him to find optimal mid screen and corner damage. I think we will see a different Chris G next time we see him!

I also pressed him on the use of 223 xx 4 (hold) dash ender to combos, but I am not sure he will listen to that one:/

shaowebb

I took care of that. I was annoyed by him doing these weak combos, so I messaged him and told him some stuff. He got back to me a day later and said thanks, and that he used what I gave him to find optimal mid screen and corner damage. I think we will see a different Chris G next time we see him!

I also pressed him on the use of 223 xx 4 (hold) dash ender to combos, but I am not sure he will listen to that one:/
At least he responded though. I keep hoping to see someone else end Queens Gambit in stinger in the corner sometime. I tweeted him that, but I dont think anyone goes for it because should they block low you suffer. Thing is no one ever seems to block low. Do it once and it trips up people just phoning in their blocks in the corner against your mixup attempts since they suddenly fear a low. Ive gotten a couple of folks to eat an ice arrow over that. Not online sadly. I've about given up on taking him online given latency screws up the down input from registering.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Yea Chris has been really cool about talking Green Arrow stuff. We talked about changes he needed and I told him it didn't help Green Arrow when he won majors with him, and he responded "I wasn't even doing his good stuff..." haha

Nice! It was painful to watch him get such low damage in the corner. The poor "sparrow" only gets decent damage in the corner. Also, given NRS' track record, I wouldn;t expect a Green Arrow buff. On the contrary, I have a feeling he will get nerfed again.

I've about given up on taking him online given latency screws up the down input from registering.
Same here. I've given up taking any character online for that matter. the netcode is just unbearable. The latency really ruins characters like Green Arrow that require good reads and precision.