What's new

Question - Goro Should goro keep his super armor on his punch walk?

Does he need it ?

• He does

Votes: 42 63.6%
  • He doesn't

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Buff shinnok

Votes: 16 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh yes lol, goros whole meta and opening you up alot of the time revolves around pw, his movement speed wouldn't matter if he couldn't open you up lol. The fact that people are agreeing with this is insane, goros whole thing is punchwalk it is his meta, it is corner escape, it is his damage, etc. Also why does it matter pw is minus 5 every character can check him with a poke if he has no bar .
@Espio @BunLantern @Brian5524_ @EVB Alright RyRy @YOMI REO
Fair enough , thanks for sharing your opinion without being a complete dick about it. But would removing the 2 hit armor really affect him ?

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Fair enough , thanks for sharing your opinion without being a complete dick about it. But would removing the 2 hit armor really affect him ?
Yes it would, he would have so many more bad matchups, like for example he wouldn't be able to get out of the corner against sub, liu, jax, johnny, and in general have is armor broken by them and more characters, in other words basically not have his meta because you wouldn't be that scared of pw.

Yes it would, he would have so many more bad matchups, like for example he wouldn't be able to get out of the corner against sub, liu, jax, johnny, and in general have is armor broken by them and more characters, in other words basically not have his meta because you wouldn't be that scared of pw.
Touche. Still hate the move with passion though , lol.

Udun

Noob
Ridiculous Thread... Best thing is Goro got nerfed this patch (the whole tremor shit affects goro --> telestomp & exearthquake do about 2-3% dmg as a comboender). Do you also discuss Torrs superarmor?

Espio

Kokomo
When people ask to nerf punch walk, they out themselves as not understanding Goro at all. This move is the heart of the character. He is built to be a tank with strong/ defensive capabilities, that's why he does quite well against rushdown characters because he can defensively shut down pressure without putting his life on the line and offensively keep up with their pressure due to his good frame data and pokes.

And "hating a move" is not a reason for why it should be changed. I can't stand elbow dash, but I'm not gonna ask for it to be made slower or more unsafe because not liking something is not grounds for changes or "posing a question", which is really just code for "nerf please". The sooner people understand that, the better off we'll all be. Reptile is a fine character in the meta game and unless you're going to fully grasp a character and their impact on the meta it is ill advised to look at a strong tool in isolation. This applies to Goro as well and any other character looked at devoid of context.

People hate dealing with Goro for the same reason they hate dealing with Kitana. They both blow up sloppy play. If people wanna mash buttons, jump/run in like goofs and be overly aggressive, they will eat that up. It's not that they're that godlike, it's that they're anti-scrub characters. They're good, but not good in a way that they should be changed to weaken their designs.

I almost never ever weigh in on balance changes, but Goro is an insanely honest character with some dirt that he deserves to keep and considering what all exists in this game it's outrageous for him to even come up in any nerf discourse.

Thank goodness most people get it based on the poll. The truth of the matter is, he's probably just mid tier now instead of being low tier.

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
MFW I read this thread.

But seriously, when Goro is knocked down there are some characters (not sure how many off hand) that can actually break EX Punchwalk on wakeup. @Cage Redfield made a video on it I believe. It is just as good as any other wake up in the game, the only difference is you can't punish it the traditional way as it is safe on block. If you know the Goro matchup you can neutral jump it and punish it on whiff.

PW is an amazing move to say the least, but people do not lab against it and the options to get around it. So I have put a playlist together for you to give you and the community as a whole ideas on how to bait/punish EX Punchwalk as a reversal. I did not go thru the entire cast I only picked some of the characters I was familiar with.

• Playlist of 9 Examples:

• Cage Redfields Examples on how to beat EX Punchwalk on Wake Up: 15 Examples

These videos were posted on the forums, us Goro players do not hide anything. So before you go and made a thread like this please know what options you have to get around this.

So my answer is YES, Goro needs Super Armor.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This is a salt thread alright, looks like a dirty two-armed peasant has been flexed on one too many times by the prince. He needs it, and he needs both hits of it as well.

Goro doesn't have that great of specials and normals either way.
Definitely, Goro's moveset is ass he needs more plus frames and range in his pokes. He's too unsafe on everything.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This is a salt thread alright, looks like a dirty two-armed peasant has been flexed on one too many times by the prince. He needs it, and he needs both hits of it as well.

Definitely, Goro's moveset is ass he needs more plus frames and range in his pokes. He's too unsafe on everything.

A faster F2 would be nice to actually whiff punish things from a certain range. But other than that I agree.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
A faster F2 would be nice to actually whiff punish things from a certain range. But other than that I agree.
Even if it were faster I still think you'd be better off just using f3, wich goes about the same distance. If you use 21 or f21 in a combo instead of f3 it'll either scale a % down or be the exact same in most but not all cases.

F2 and its strings are better as on-block tools than anything.

Not that I'm saying I wouldn't mind more speed.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah a low risk high reward move is fine , you can fuck off if you dont like my opinion , Seriously.
I have nothing against your opinion. But being salty won't help you either. Just take your character to the lab and find ways around it.

I have nothing against your opinion. But being salty won't help you either. Just take your character to the lab and find ways around it.
Im not being salty at all , i was just asking what are peoples opinions and shared mine , No need to get negative really , Goro is one of my favorite characters aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.