What's new

Question - Spec Ops Should Cassie players main Spec Ops if they can't perfom instant air gunshots semi consistently?

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
An impossible match up? Nothing is impossible through Christ :).

What is the match up?
Impostor,necromancer,hishqtn,I think that these are the opponents she cannot get in,especially since shinock is one of the few chars he has better normals than her!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Cassie players should just play Spec Ops!.....Anyone?....No?

To me it's all about what feels "right" for you. I started out with Hollywood but once I picked up Spec Ops it just felt better to me. If you can't do consistent air shots then either work on it or work on other aspects of your game to compensate even if it's just full screen mind games and the fear of IAGS.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Impostor,necromancer,hishqtn,I think that these are the opponents she cannot get in,especially since shinock is one of the few chars he has better normals than her!

Necro aint that good....and lol at shinnok having better normals than cassie. she has better pokes and is neutral or plus on a lot of her strings. not to mention her advancing strings are much more safer than shinnoks.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I honestly don't think her IAG's matter at all haha. Her ground game is so good, her pokes and her pressure. I mean, yeah throw it out if you have it and want to keep the neutral game, but up close is where you really want to be and she's solid in that department.

stamatis

If you mean online, the answer is yes. Hollywood is ass online, almost as weak as Pyromancer.
Offline, just go into training mode and do it slowly and then speed up. Spend an hour a day for a week on it at least, you'll be great and you'll even get a few off online every once in a while.
Think of it like performing dbf input but upside down, ignore the animation of jumping. That is what I do and I can do them very consistently
Necro aint that good....and lol at shinnok having better normals than cassie. she has better pokes and is neutral or plus on a lot of her strings. not to mention her advancing strings are much more safer than shinnoks.
6frame poke,7frame low,where are the better numbers for her?
As for the iag,I am too tired guys,I just cannot do it,f***!

stamatis

I honestly don't think her IAG's matter at all haha. Her ground game is so good, her pokes and her pressure. I mean, yeah throw it out if you have it and want to keep the neutral game, but up close is where you really want to be and she's solid in that department.
Come on guys,if you master it no one can zone you!

iaGunshots are an integral tool to Hollywood. I would argue that they are more important than the NP. Because opponents can't jump at any range. So if a player cannot do iaGunshots he might as well go Brawler. bf3 grants Cassie almost everything regular nutpunch does, and Brawler has mixups everywhere. There are some really awful matchups though where you absolutely need some fullscreen presence. But I don't play SpecOps, so can't tell anything about the variation.
ubf input is impossible to perform on a consistent level. its stupid and hard.
A matter of practice I guess. I'm doing them on a pad and now that I've smashed it against the wall after the latest ESL - I'm surprisingly doing them on the stick. With enough success to make my opponents respect them.

stamatis

iaGunshots are an integral tool to Hollywood. I would argue that they are more important than the NP. Because opponents can't jump at any range. So if a player cannot do iaGunshots he might as well go Brawler. bf3 grants Cassie almost everything regular nutpunch does, and Brawler has mixups everywhere. There are some really awful matchups though where you absolutely need some fullscreen presence. But I don't play SpecOps, so can't tell anything about the variation.

A matter of practice I guess. I'm doing them on a pad and now that I've smashed it against the wall after the latest ESL - I'm surprisingly doing them on the stick. With enough success to make my opponents respect them.
This is something I want to ask you,what is the best way to achieve it?stick,pad,or hitbox.and why?if someone wants to answer!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Cassie players should just play Spec Ops!.....Anyone?....No?

To me it's all about what feels "right" for you. I started out with Hollywood but once I picked up Spec Ops it just felt better to me. If you can't do consistent air shots then either work on it or work on other aspects of your game to compensate even if it's just full screen mind games and the fear of IAGS.
I don't play Cassie but Spec Ops is clearly her best variation and I'm looking into it. Stop frontin' on PSN yo and play me. ;)

Fucking gross and ghetto. You need a cup of goose! ;)

You're old enough and you still don't get it?
Baby don't hurt me....no more.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Or play Brawler and actually look cool!!!

I keep Spec Ops on the bench and I'm thinking about finally taking time to practice hollywood. But I always got to make sure my star player (Brawler) looks good. Just look at that ultimate tackle!!!