What's new

Question - Spec Ops Should Cassie players main Spec Ops if they can't perfom instant air gunshots semi consistently?

I've played both variations for a while now and noticed that I have more success using Spec Ops due to my inability to consistently hit instant air gunshots at head level. I know Hollywood is good enough where you don't need to do instant air gunshots to win every matchup but I feel if you're not able to do them then Spec ops would be the better option. Who do you guys think?

shura30

Shura
nah, the action you get after np is still stronger

being consistent with iak needs training but it's definitely achievable in short term

Apologia X

Trump 2020
I'm going through this right now. I can do them about half the time. It's harder to do them when I'm on the right side of the screen, but hopefully I'll be able to get it down one day or it may be time to move on.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
As you've already stated, Hollywood is really good to win pretty much any match up even without perfect instant air gunshot execution.

If you keep practicing you'll eventually get it down well enough.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
You want my thought as a Cassie main?
An hour xample is that IAG can make the Rep,Shinnok MU even,where spec ops struggle, it is like kitana mains say,if you can not IA fan,do not pick royal or assassin!

N-Zalo

Noob
I've always wondered wich mu favours spec ops over hollywood... Can anyone elaborate why iak does better against shinnok than missiles??

N-Zalo

Noob
I have no problem with iak with shorcuts on, but then I risk to interact while b2,1,2,d1+2. But without shorcuts I get it 1 out of 20 times.
Should I practice more without it or watch more carefully the background??

stamatis

well, both still have a better projectile than akimbos, trading with either puts you back in a terrible at range situation
what i meant,is that with that IA guns,you have a chance,with spec ops you don't!

N-Zalo

Noob
what i meant,is that with that IA guns,you have a chance,with spec ops you don't!
How is iaG better than missiles? Both of this mu are zoning situations against Cassie, if iak gets blocked you are negative, if it hits you are a bit possitive, and if you trade you loose. If missile is out they either block jump or run to you, trade is not an option against missile. If they block you are possitive, if they jump you have tons of aa options, and if they run to you they are loosing their positioning...
At least thats how I see it as a Spec Ops player. What's your reading about it?

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I have a long standing love affair with Spec Ops, but even as biased as I am, nah. Practice the instant air, and enjoy the luxurious life of NP combo enders.

stamatis

How is iaG better than missiles? Both of this mu are zoning situations against Cassie, if iak gets blocked you are negative, if it hits you are a bit possitive, and if you trade you loose. If missile is out they either block jump or run to you, trade is not an option against missile. If they block you are possitive, if they jump you have tons of aa options, and if they run to you they are loosing their positioning...
At least thats how I see it as a Spec Ops player. What's your reading about it?
My opinion is that if you master iag,this variant is top 3,I find it hard to perform it,I am very disappointed on this because I cannot master it,I want to answer to you with an example. My teammate plays deceptive,my problem is acid force balls,until I get in,he has buit the required meter to break,if I had the iag masters,we would trade for the acid spit,BUT,no force balls,he wouldn't have time to do it.I hope you get my point,I love spec ops but I am afraid I love it because of my weakness for iag,I give you my word if I had the iag mastered(like sonicfox for example).I wouldn't bother picking any other char nor any other variant!

stamatis

As you've already stated, Hollywood is really good to win pretty much any match up even without perfect instant air gunshot execution.

If you keep practicing you'll eventually get it down well enough.
Just to say what I believe,Cassie has impossible MU,but iag can change the possibilities in a huge way!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
If you mean online, the answer is yes. Hollywood is ass online, almost as weak as Pyromancer.
Offline, just go into training mode and do it slowly and then speed up. Spend an hour a day for a week on it at least, you'll be great and you'll even get a few off online every once in a while.