What's new

Should Brutalities Be More Brutal?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
If there is one thing we can take away from Leatherface in the Kombat Kast that featured the chainsaw menace was that no matter if he is the worst character in the game, no matter if 2 people play him and he never makes it out if pools, doesn't even matter if he is removed from tourney play all together - he has the best brutality hands-down.

Hell, even half of his chainsaw moves are more brutal than 85% of the brutalities.

That brings up my point, brutalities are hype but imagine if they all held the same ultraviolence that Leatherface's hammer brutality presented?

If, for whatever reason, somebody hasn't seen Leatherface's hammer brutality...he hits them around 10-15 times over the head with a hammer and then they lay on the ground and reach for him for mercy and he hits them two more times.

Now, should every brutality be this over the top?

For instance, I'll use Kung Jin as an example since he is my main, Kung Jin's straight arrow brutality pierces through their stomach and rests pointed out of their back with their heart on the end of it. That's it...
In my opinion, it should do more than that. Like it can START as that but I think after getting shot like that, the opponent should reach down at his chest and then Kung Jin hits him 5 more times in the face with his arrow and around the 3rd or 4th shot the opponent's head is basically falling apart.
That's ultraviolent and over-the-top...fitting the brutality tag well.

Or Johnny Cage's nut punch brutality...instead of first hit knocking their head off...what if he did several quick upper cuts to the groin and basically saws their body in half with it...then does his ex part where he dragon punches and their head flies off out of screen? (No meter needed of course, he just does it)

These are just a couple examples.
I think Brutalities should be more gruesome than Fatalities because of the sheer "He lost control of himself" psychopathic feeling that the term Brutality presents.

Thoughts?

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
I wouldn't say Leatherfacehas the most brutal Brutality. He has the most savage AS F--- Brutality I know that for sure.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MK has been around since 92...its her fault for just now realizing it is super violent lol
That would is not the point, not everyone is willing to take things lightly.

For some culture Asian mythology is a sin such as their culture, Mk is no different, specially in a country like mine where ppl are in constant search of salvation, they will find an excuse to ban the game for the country.

For those who don't know, activision is facing a law sue because Jonas Savimbi's son said that the way the represented him in black ops 2 is not how their father was, they even didn't care to notice that Savimbi is helping the main character.

The government took advantage of this scandal and published a fake news saying a young man engaged the cops on a shooting, when he was arrested he said it was because he inspired himself on black ops 2, now the next game has a very big risk of being banned in my country, who will make a big impact in our cod community who just wants to play competitively , they might get the chance of not playing.

I really don't want the same happening to Mk because church fanatics will seek audience with the midia and say that the Mk Titans community are all devil worshippers, because there is a ninja from hell, gore, false gods and all that stands against what the "people of God" believes. They will not care about forces of good fighting forces of evil, they will say raiden is a false god, shinnok is a false god, etc etc.

The current barrier nrs has set for themselves it's fine, but not so to many others. Think about it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
No.

I think most of them are plenty Brutal, just not in the same way as the LeatherDaddy's.

They shouldn't all be long and flamboyant like that hammer grab, or D'vorah's chest burster, or Johnny's speed bag, or Jax's slam brutality, or Raiden's teleport inside one.

I do think every character deserves at least one of the longer ones though(most have one).

I find quick and vicious is just as good as long and mean most of the time. I feel like the former is more satisfying, but the latter is more entertaining.

Things like Slasher's df1 brutality, or Kobu's boomerang brutality, or Tremor's throw brutality are super quick but they look cool and have a great satisfying flow to them.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Tremor has some pretty nice ones, predator too, Kotal Kahn has a couple goodies too. Off the top of my head.

I believe that the better a characters brutality game, the more top tier they are. For this reason alone slasher Jason is top 10, any questions?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I don't know should fatalities be more fatal too?
Fatalities do what they are supposed to do. Gore. As much gore as possible.

Brutalities have the word Brutal in it...kind of like a regular death but more violent.

I just am trying to figure out why they went from the multi hitting explosion brutals of before to the single hit eye-popping out brutals of today. Much less brutal to me.