What's new

Should Brutalities Be More Brutal?

Decay

King of the Bill
You have to consider the amount of time it takes to add extra animation to everyone's brutalities. Most brutals are the same animation as the original move and they are altered by having the slow motion and limbs rip off and stuff. Very few brutals have extra animation to them because the resources it takes is a lot, it's not as easy as you may think, it takes motion capturing and all that. I think most brutals look great, of course there are some that are a little lamer than others but they all can't be the best.

Lokheit

Noob
I want sub zero to have better brutals. The frozen d2 head explode is ok, the unbreakable one is awesome, the others are average, the cryo one is shit.
I still don't know why they gave Cryo that one (that is so easy to perform that you're doing it in your BnBs even if you don't want to see it) when he has the hammer in his moveset... even Quan's stage has a hammer brutal so the animation is there!

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Ehh they're fine some lame ones in the bunch but there are way more good ones than not.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My only desire was that every character first and default brutality should be like the old classical ones, that could be done even on finish him states, at the cost of 11 sequential inputs to trigger it.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I still think Kung Lao's yipman brutal is awesome. It's easily the most used, that hurts it.
That brutality is really the only reason I started playing Kung Lao. And now that I think about it, it's probably one of the only things still holding me to him. It's such a fun brutality!

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
You know what is an injustice..

How some moves/combos that should have been brutalities (i.e. Jax's backbreaker air grab) didn't get thought of.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
On the Kombat Kast is was mentioned that there are variations of brutalities that haven't been found yet. I play KJ and his throw brutality is cool and you're not left feeling like there should be more. As Corzz mentioned, the arrow brutality has you watching the screen for the rest of it. There has to be something more to it.

Jason Pls

Certified free as fuck
Tremor has some pretty nice ones, predator too, Kotal Kahn has a couple goodies too. Off the top of my head.

I believe that the better a characters brutality game, the more top tier they are. For this reason alone slasher Jason is top 10, any questions?
Uh yeah did you forget the :DOGE ?

WATCHD0G

Noob
WOW.....not brutal enough? Ok look i get that LF's brutality is one for the ages but if ALL of them were on that level so many people wouldn't be able to handle it and that would only hurt the game.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Every regular throw and X-Ray in the game should have a hidden brutality in them.

And, yes, I play Cryomancer and he should definitely have an ice hammer brutality.

paul_blart_mc

RIP Salty_Nippless 2015-2016 :(
You have to consider the amount of time it takes to add extra animation to everyone's brutalities. Most brutals are the same animation as the original move and they are altered by having the slow motion and limbs rip off and stuff. Very few brutals have extra animation to them because the resources it takes is a lot, it's not as easy as you may think, it takes motion capturing and all that. I think most brutals look great, of course there are some that are a little lamer than others but they all can't be the best.
So which brutals would you consider having said extra animation and why would these specific animations not be applicable to resource constraints as well? Also you mentioned mocap, but what are the other resources you are talking about and why would these modern components not be able to handle these extra animations? And as to whether one animation can be as good as the next one is entirely subjective too. So yes, they can all be good.

Vjeekes

DevilApes
IMO most of the brutalities dont deserve that title and thats sad.
Some of the fatalities are more brutal than the actual brutallities.
Johnny's smackdown fatality is extremely brutal imo. (one of the best ever!! )
Since this is a 18+ game, they should go more brutal,... much more brutal.
They also should introduce a new type of finisher named... rape-ality
imagine Sonya vs Kano... she would finally get the revange she deserves :)
*evil laugh*

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
No way, Brutalities are great they way they are. Fatalities are there if you want the real hardcore / gory finisher, Brutalities are pretty much a slick little "punchline" each character can pull off for ending in the right way. I think the balance is perfect, Leatherface is just a bloodthirsty murderer so his makes sense.