What's new

Should Breakaway be moved to a different input to prevent accidental breakaways? (Poll)

Should breakaway be moved to a different input?

• Total voters

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
And on the note of MB being mapped to interact, I’m much happier about it being on interact than block. In MKX there were many times I’d accidentally enhance a move when I wanted to block.

Didn't happen to me a single time in mkx, idk. Maybe it was more common with characters that used moves with mb instead of ex, like Quan.

I haven't played mk11 nowhere near a 5% of the time I played mkx and it was enough to get plenty of unwanted interactables though.

I would even take something like a hold check option like there is with KBs. Where instead of immediately registering the breakaway, you needed to take your finger off of block and back on to breakaway (basically requiring a 'double click' of block).

Trying to flawless block a projectile that slightly pops you up and immediately getting breakaway is the worst.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Map it to Any of these:
  • The Amplify button,
  • The stance change button,
  • 1+2,
  • 3+4
The button combinations would work really well for me since I'm an Arcade stick player. I use the button combinations to execute interactabes and wake up rolls. I can't even count the number of times I get hit with a projectile or some ridiculous move where my opponent has ZERO chance of a follow up combo and I instinctively press down+block to defend upon landing and get the damn break-away.

Just make it a customizable input the same way that other inputs can be changed. This gives everyone what they want: those who like it as is (for whatever weird reason) and those who want it as something else.
For real! I've always thought that, barring any possibility to give a player an advantage over another, that the more ways a player can customize and personalize their controls the better.

I can't be possibly assed to use the throw button, so I use the button shortcut. I didn't want my block or amp button wherever they are supposed to be so I moved them. I didn't want my KBs to come out automatically, so I changed it.

Why is breakaway one of the only things we cannot alter the control of?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Didn't happen to me a single time in mkx, idk. Maybe it was more common with characters that used moves with mb instead of ex, like Quan.

I haven't played mk11 nowhere near a 5% of the time I played mkx and it was enough to get plenty of unwanted interactables though.
Yah, for me it was always getting ex rockets from Jacqui’s df2.

Interestingly enough, I swapped block and interact buttons between MKX and MK11 (to allow for more consistent flawless blocking) and this has made it so much easier to transition between the two games whenever I wanna switch.

So it looks like we have a really clear consensus. Even pro players like Honeybee have been complaining about it forever, but coming up on 2 years after MK11’s release, I’m convinced NRS thinks it’s a total non-issue and we’ll be randomly dumping meter until Injustice 3. Or we could say something and hopefully have this goofy input sorted by the next patch.

Mileena fans especially (kappa) - how can we bring this to the attention of NRS?

@16 Bit @CrimsonShadow @M2Dave @REO @Evil Canadian

Please tweet #FixAccidentalBreakaways at community/design team Stephanie Brownback, DizzyKnee, Paulo Garcia, and/or Nick Nicastro with the suggestion to move breakaway to a different input.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
how can we bring this to the attention of NRS?
I appreciate the thought but I got exactly zero pull with NRS. Breakaway in all its forms has been bitched about since the dawn of time and its basically gonna be the shape its gonna be in now and until the end of the games lifespan whenever that will be at this point.

I am very sure they do consider it a non-issue.

Well we shouldn’t be fatalistic about such a straightforward fix making it in - it’s gotta at least be worth a tweet at a couple of the design leads. Plus NRS has clearly shown that they listen to feedback with the changes they’ve made up to this point (allowing kustoms!). Who ever thought that was going to happen?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
How can a group of professionals, that has been doing fine job at something, in two previous tittles f#&$ed up so bad at this, its beyond my understanding.