What's new

Move List - Jacqui Briggs Shotgun after 9-1-2015 stealth changes

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Like I said... discussed hundreds of times already. Even before THIS thread.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/jacquelyn-briggs-buff-suggestions.53960/

We are all well aware of the string not coming out fully on block, and as Sunfire stated [it doesn't take a rocket scientist], it's obvious why it was PURPOSELY made to not come out on block for balancing reasons.
idk if i was there when this was going on, id respectfully disagree, thereare many of the roster that do that same thing today, and better... esp Cassie OS

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Me too pls ;_; I wanna be a mean girl.
May I get in as well. Imma Black person...if that counts. Maybe not but...I'll just sip my grape soda. So to disturb you guys...

Side note: How would you all feel about a full screen ground pound in SG and HT. Besides Jason I cant think of anyonee else with no full screen presense. I mean seriously..think about it.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
idk if i was there when this was going on, id respectfully disagree, thereare many of the roster that do that same thing today, and better... esp Cassie OS
It's almost as if you don't read anything people give you when you ask for it. WE ALL "Respectfully disagreed" [check the thread] Now, she's buffed, let it be.

Or... private message Paulo.

MadeOfMetal

It's almost as if you don't read anything people give you when you ask for it. WE ALL "Respectfully disagreed" [check the thread] Now, she's buffed, let it be.

Or... private message Paulo.
well i dont feel the same like i said, either it should be fixed or changed to a mid, because it doesnt make sense to leave it an OH, they could either make it just 12 and cut out the 3rd or make the 3rd a MID, i left it alone a while ago, i just makes no sense why...

and i did read it... just the argument sounded a bit like the rest on here. the same, i really dont think she needs it, but if it was there... it wouldnt be that hard to stop, you simply block high and that would take care of two of the options, and the startup of the low is flashy enough to see it coming so you would be able to block the low OS on it?

and with OS basically being slowly removed i dont see why it could even be a problem in the future?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
well i dont feel the same like i said, either it should be fixed or changed to a mid, because it doesnt make sense to leave it an OH, they could either make it just 12 and cut out the 3rd or make the 3rd a MID, i left it alone a while ago, i just makes no sense why...

and i did read it... just the argument sounded a bit like the rest on here. the same, i really dont think she needs it, but if it was there... it wouldnt be that hard to stop, you simply block high and that would take care of two of the options, and the startup of the low is flashy enough to see it coming so you would be able to block the low OS on it?

and with OS basically being slowly removed i dont see why it could even be a problem in the future?
Are you serious? You started playing the character days ago and are trying to tell us all what she "needs" and doesn't need? We are telling you she is fine now. She has everything she needs to be a competitive character and doesn't need to be ultra braindead.

She's fine as is right now. Play and enjoy a solid character.

MadeOfMetal

Are you serious? You started playing the character days ago and are trying to tell us all what she "needs" and doesn't need? We are telling you she is fine now. She has everything she needs to be a competitive character and doesn't need to be ultra braindead.

She's fine as is right now. Play and enjoy a solid character.
what are you talking about... i didn't ask for anything.... didn't say change her?

where is this coming from... i said that input is wrong and not working correctly.. and i think it looks bad to not fix it... either make it come out on block with OH... Make it a mid and let it come out or remove the last hit, because it makes no sense to have a move that states 12 OH and not allow it to come out when opponent blocks the first 2 strings....

and im certainly not saying i know the character better than anyone else...lol just stating the obvious. can't believe people are arguing this... well i know there are groups attached to this convo but seriously

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
what are you talking about... i didn't ask for anything.... didn't say change her?

where is this coming from... i said that input is wrong and not working correctly.. and i think it looks bad to not fix it... either make it come out on block with OH... Make it a mid and let it come out or remove the last hit, because it makes no sense to have a move that states 12 OH and not allow it to come out when opponent blocks the first 2 strings....

and im certainly not saying i know the character better than anyone else...lol just stating the obvious. can't believe people are arguing this... well i know there are groups attached to this convo but seriously
It's just that we've been over this already for months. She needed the change if she didn't get buffs, but now that she did she doesn't need it. It would make her stupid to have something like that after the buffs she received. You're never going to use it on hit, so just pretend it is not in the move list and use F1 in the many ways that work well right now.

MadeOfMetal

Jacqui Briggs Shotgun AA's Anti-Crossover Tech
S1,F2U2,DU4,11~DB2(restand) into either JIP2-33~BF4 or RC1212BF4
1212DB2 into JIP2-33~BF4 or RC1212BF4
NJP1/2-F12~DB2, RC1212BF4
DF2
Block+DF2
D2
BF2

i have spent some time with jacqui after patch:

i have found a reliable AA/antiXO(crossover) tech... basically like cassies game against crossovers.

@SaltShaker ty for the tips:) i havent had alot of time to mess with jacqui till now, i play to many other characters, i have been working on, F/T Ruthless, Mystic Ermac, Deceptive Reptile, Cassie Brawler, RElearning Demo Sonya after reload nerf, Johnny Stunt Double, Ethreal Mileena, Mournful Kitana, Kotal Blood God.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Jacqui Briggs Shotgun AA's Anti-Crossover Tech
S1,F2U2,DU4,11~DB2(restand) into either JIP2-33~BF4 or RC1212BF4
1212DB2 into JIP2-33~BF4 or RC1212BF4
NJP1/2-F12~DB2, RC1212BF4
DF2
Block+DF2
D2
BF2

i have spent some time with jacqui after patch:

i have found a reliable AA/antiXO(crossover) tech... basically like cassies game against crossovers.

@SaltShaker ty for the tips:) i havent had alot of time to mess with jacqui till now, i play to many other characters, i have been working on, F/T Ruthless, Mystic Ermac, Deceptive Reptile, Cassie Brawler, RElearning Demo Sonya after reload nerf, Johnny Stunt Double, Ethreal Mileena, Mournful Kitana, Kotal Blood God.
Haha that's a lot of characters.

No prob man any time. You squeeze a little more damage into it to, or after the restand hit them with your hit advantage strings into a quick run cancelled 50/50 so they'd have to guess right or be combo'd again. Works really good in matches.

MadeOfMetal

Haha that's a lot of characters.

No prob man any time. You squeeze a little more damage into it to, or after the restand hit them with your hit advantage strings into a quick run cancelled 50/50 so they'd have to guess right or be combo'd again. Works really good in matches.
so Kara after 114/11/21/1212/4u4?

MadeOfMetal

Like I said... discussed hundreds of times already. Even before THIS thread.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/jacquelyn-briggs-buff-suggestions.53960/

We are all well aware of the string not coming out fully on block, and as Sunfire stated [it doesn't take a rocket scientist], it's obvious why it was PURPOSELY made to not come out on block for balancing reasons.
The F121 coming out on block would be an awesome universal addition.

WidowPuppy, Jul 3, 2015
f121 not coming out on block seems like a straight up bug. Why have it as an overhead and list block advantage if it only comes out on hit? Plus it's pointless on hit anyways because it's only +6 and it's techrollablee and f12 can be confirmed into bf4 or something else
seems like you agreed with me. and i just don't feel changing the frames on it or changinf the hight to mid would make her op, i mean she allready has B2uprocket which is OP right now.
Pan1cMode, Jul 3, 2015
f121 coming out on block would be neat, but not something I'd deem necessary

then this was posted and basically all talk on F121 halted... hardly an explanation or reason why it was removed!

TrulyAmiracle, Jul 3, 2015
so i guess lets just leave it at we don't agree and ill hope it does get fixed, because id like her to have another advancing string in shotgun besides F2u2(which is gaped) and Kara(which is slow on start and can be counter poked)

but i would much rather 4U4 get fixed or adjusted to be easier, than have F121 fixed! its just my opinion don't take what i say to hart... i sound like im made through text but im really not... i enjoy debates. and i was genuinly asking for strategy tips for jacqui because i have herd you play a mean FA.

so far i like her, and she hasnt been that hard to pick up for me. smal minor things i wish was changed and thats about all. other than that she is a very solid character from what i gather.