What's new

Shooting In CONN At least 20 dead, Ten children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It means The weapon can fire more rapidly because it takes care of all the loading basically. Plus with an assault rifle large magazines it's much easier to kill mass amounts people than it is with a simple Gun
True but you are referring to automatic weapons, not semi-automatics.

And yeah, no one should be able to own automatics, imho

nwo

Noob
They are coming for the guns, thats for sure, Bob Costas basically announced that on Sunday Night Football a couple weeks ago.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Take away guns and they'll just do the same shit with knives or pipe bombs or whatever. Some people are just fucking nuts.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
This is sad, but I 100% guarantee you that if guns were "banned," these shootings would still happen, probably even more so.
Yeah, but i don't think more so... Here in the UK guns aren't legal *to a certain extent* and we rarely ever have shootings, if they were legal it would probably happen more often, but you know what you can't get in a store you can get on the black market so it wont change really.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Good thing he killed himself. Too bad he couldn't do it before he killed the children. Last thing we need is this guy killing our kids then sucking dry our tax money while rotting away in prison. Because that's the "Humane" thing to do with murderers.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Turns out the killer was autistic, he killed the mom, took the gun and then went to the school. He was just really, really sick.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Honestly, I didn't really feel anything after hearing this story. And it's getting annoying how many people are going, "omg I'm so sad, it breaks my heart, I want to cry, bla bla bla change gun control laws". You guys need to start watching some Aljazeera. (http://www.aljazeera.com/)

There are a lot BIGGER problems going on in the world besides 15 to 20 kids dying at some school. And I'm NOT saying what happened isn't a tragedy. It's just that 37,000 people in Syria have died, and that was in November, it's probably at 40,000 by now. Why aren't there any threads about that? And of course THOUSANDS of kids have died.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/15/world/meast/syria-civil-war/index.html

Honestly, I didn't really feel anything after hearing this story. And it's getting annoying how many people are going, "omg I'm so sad, it breaks my heart, I want to cry, bla bla bla change gun control laws". You guys need to start watching some Aljazeera. (http://www.aljazeera.com/)

There are a lot BIGGER problems going on in the world besides 15 to 20 kids dying at some school. And I'm NOT saying what happened isn't a tragedy. It's just that 37,000 people in Syria have died, and that was in November, it's probably at 40,000 by now. Why aren't there any threads about that? And of course THOUSANDS of kids have died.

because they're not from MURRIKA

Zoidberg747

That is a tragedy too. There are lots of tragedies everyday. People tend to mourn the more recent ones. However, it hits closer to home when it is in your own country.

Abd Syria has been a problem for months, we all know about it by now. This happened a day ago. Also, if twenty kindergartners were shot and killed just by going to school, and you feel nothing, you are heartless.

gamemk

Noob
Yeah, he had a personality disorder(Probably some form of antisocial disorder)
Yeah, He definitely had something like that. This is really sad because I think he came from an affluent family, too, so I know they could have afforded the medical care this young man needed. But again, there are people out there who cannot afford psychiatric care, which goes right back to a discussion about healthcare, and mental illness.

From the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/adam-lanza-pain-loner-teacher_n_2308641.html

...."If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically," Novia told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It was my job to pay close attention to that."
Novia was responsible for monitoring students as they used soldering tools and other potentially dangerous electrical equipment.
He recalled meeting with school guidance counselors, administrators and with the boy's mother, Nancy Lanza, to understand his problems and find ways to ensure his safety. But there were others crises only a mother could solve.
"He would have an episode, and she'd have to return or come to the high school and deal with it," Novia said, describing how the young man would sometimes withdraw completely "from whatever he was supposed to be doing," whether it was sitting in class or reading a book."

Zoidberg747

Yeah, He definitely had something like that. This is really sad because I think he came from an affluent family, too, so I know they could have afforded the medical care this young man needed. But again, there are people out there who cannot afford psychiatric care, which goes right back to a discussion about healthcare, and mental illness.

From the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/adam-lanza-pain-loner-teacher_n_2308641.html

...."If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically," Novia told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It was my job to pay close attention to that."
Novia was responsible for monitoring students as they used soldering tools and other potentially dangerous electrical equipment.
He recalled meeting with school guidance counselors, administrators and with the boy's mother, Nancy Lanza, to understand his problems and find ways to ensure his safety. But there were others crises only a mother could solve.
"He would have an episode, and she'd have to return or come to the high school and deal with it," Novia said, describing how the young man would sometimes withdraw completely "from whatever he was supposed to be doing," whether it was sitting in class or reading a book."
Yeah, he probably had tons of different disorders. While I do sort of feel for him, I find it very hard to share empathy with a man who hoots and kills 5 year old children. That being said I do find it sad that he did not get the treatment he needed, because that could have potentially saved 27 lives.

Seven

|| Seven ||
That is a tragedy too. There are lots of tragedies everyday. People tend to mourn the more recent ones. However, it hits closer to home when it is in your own country.

Abd Syria has been a problem for months, we all know about it by now. This happened a day ago. Also, if twenty kindergartners were shot and killed just by going to school, and you feel nothing, you are heartless.
lol you call me heartless, I've been very sad since the Syria thing began. And I also mourned all the lives lost in the Philippines a week ago, where a Typhoon killed over 300 people. 15 people isn't a big deal, it's sad but it's not close to a real disaster.

Zoidberg747

lol you call me heartless, I've been very sad since the Syria thing began. And I also mourned all the lives lost in the Philippines a week ago, where a Typhoon killed over 300 people. 15 people isn't a big deal, it's sad but it's not close to a real disaster.
But see, that is why you are heartless. You merely see these deaths as a statistic. Oh, only two people were killed in the mall shooting? That is nothing. But to me that is definitely something. Those people had families, people who loved them. They may have made a difference in someone else's life. And now they are dead thanks to a gunman.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you are saying. Children are killed almost everyday in the middle east, syria, and in Africa. That does not mean that we cannot mourn just because only 20 people were killed. They were still people, they should still be mourned. And yes, because it was in our country it got more attention. Sorry, that is sort of how the media works, and our brains for that matter.

Im just saying, it is super disrespectful to come in here and say "This isnt even that sad, more people die in Syria". No, they are BOTH sad and both cases the victims should be mourned.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Nothing is surprising if you're familiar with human history, especially American history. We are selfish, and on average we do not care about each other. It's 2012, and nearly every developed country in the world has some form of single payer healthcare system, or affordable healthcare system except for America. We kick little kids with cancer off of their health insurance just to save money, and demonize anyone who tries to fix the problem. The family members, survivors and surviving children of this tragedy will need mental therapy and medical care, but is that free? Hell No. People are all about charity after the carnage has taken place, but ask people to shell out some money for their fellow man on any other day, and they'll tell you to go fuck yourself. We have billionaires and millionaires complaining about having their taxes raised by a few % points, and people wonder why the less well to do mentally ill, sociopaths, and psychopaths do what they do. People never want to talk using common fucking sense. We're just happier calling people monsters, or blaming the devil rather than trying to solve problems.
This is my primary response to the people who have bashed me for not wanting to continue my med studies within the PR/USA health system. I just don't believe in charging a patient for something that they need to continue living...

Canadia...now that place looks promising.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Going off of THTB 's comment earlier in the thread.

Maybe this is what the Mayans predicted. Not an asteroid or a solar flare, but the end of what people are. We no longer cherish life, other people, or even the animals and resources on this Earth. War, genocide, abuse, mass murder, animal cruelty, greed, waste... The end of the world is already here.
Man if i knew you, i'd probably would of hit you over the head by now.

I want you to look exactly for the writing/symbols/hieroglyphs that say: "The world will end in 2012".

A mayan cycle ends this year, and guess what, another one follows after this one. :eek:

Since men have been able to speak they've been talking about the end of the world. It ends when life ebbs away from your body.

Invincibeast

Stay Free

I want you to look exactly for the writing/symbols/hieroglyphs that say: "The world will end in 2012".

A mayan cycle ends this year, and guess what, another one follows after this one. :eek:

Since men have been able to speak they've been talking about the end of the world. It ends when life ebbs away from your body.
EDIT: You're not worth replying to. If you cant contribute to a conversation without taking a shot at someone then don't contribute at all.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

What life do you have when you murder children?

This is just one of the victims.

It hit hard, I still can't comprehend why children were targets.
This world is disgusting, absolute vermin.

May these angels rest in peace with The Lord.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
(copied from a post on deviantart)
Morgan Freeman, regarding the shooting in Newtown, CT, on 12/14/2012.

==========================
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

Zoidberg747

(copied from a post on deviantart)
Morgan Freeman, regarding the shooting in Newtown, CT, on 12/14/2012.

==========================
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."
This is actually the best solution to the problem, but with the media today it will never happen.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
EDIT: You're not worth replying to. If you cant contribute to a conversation without taking a shot at someone then don't contribute at all.
I apologize for how it came out. I deal with a lot of misinformed people who are losing their shit over this fallacy.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
What life do you have when you murder children?
What kind of life did the guy have before all of this? I think that's the real question in all of this...

What caused him to do all of this? Before all the facts were known, a friend of mine told me that the media was going to portray him as a straight A student and an outcast. That's exactly what's happening.

People have been talking about how this was staged, to get leverage on gun control policies. I could of gone along with that idea with the batman shootings, but this is just too extreme, too disgusting.

And i have to agree with the people here criticizing how the media is handling this. I mean, i have msn.com as my browser homepage, and i found out about this with the huge red BREAKING NEWS label and about 10 links to the story, they're fucken sensationalizing this tragedy. Why would we want to know about the horror that happened? I know it's their job to inform but fuck, there are just some things i do not want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.