What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Malec

Noob
is it just me or dose only the first 2 hits of MB hell sparks give the +frames on block?

Last edited:

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
This overhead launcher tho! Has anyone took a look at Impostor now that this buff has been added. im getting quan like mix up after the steal! After the steal do a quick run into either b3 or f4 and repeat. the steal is plus 104 on hit. that over a sec and 1/2. I have the computer try and jump out of it or do a quick d3 or d1 and nothing. there fastest option is to block. anyone else mess with this? Funny thing is its the computers job to instinctively counter every descion you make. after the same set up he blocked it as well.

Last edited:

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
also to @D. R. and @Shadowzan that was my next soapbox rant. this move being plus 24 on block is also wild. it can open up the same mix up. especially towards the corner.

Glass Sword

Nobody
So, far I have looked at the new unblockable and have not found a useful setup for it. The tracking activates at a weird time as well. The move does not lock on until Shinnok raises his hand to the peak. If the opponent just forward dashes and Shinnok does the forward one then the bone hand will spawn in front of the opponent. Unless they dash too late then they get hit a similar outcome for forward jumps.

Edit- The forward one will catch runs very consistently however. This gives the move some utility as Shinnok has problems in this variation against people running. Still need to test it across the cast.

Edit 2 - The move is still too slow. Most characters can hit you out of the move from a run if they are quick,

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I'm happy for the buffs, but I think you guys are celebrating too much. The blockstun is overrated, as is the overhead. Again, I'm happy for the buffs, but he isn't anywhere near top tier.

That being said, he's good enough for Evo, so he's now my main.

Last edited:

Glass Sword

Nobody
You can change the trajectory of the unblockable in Necromancer really late. So, there are actual setups for it.
Full screen Summon Fiend and High anti-air upper cut.
The Neutral one will catch most people forward jumping as the tracking very good and if they run use the forward one. Still not fool proof, but it is way better than before. If it was about 35 frames (an estimation) of startup then we would be looking at putting the opponent in some really messed up situations.
Edit: The setup (if you commit to the unblockable immediately) after the full screen summon fiend is actually very good. I can nail jump forward, dashes and run with the new Judgement fist. This makes his noob outs with Krushing Shoulder much better it appears.
Edit 2: You can just backdash the unblockable if you are ready for it. The back one might catch maybe I can't find a good setup. This is still OK as that means your opponent is not doing anything if he is waiting to backdash.

Last edited:

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I had a gut feeling that the new normal would be the last hit of 1123 XD
same with the Necro buff I was thinking the unblockable should like Goro's tele-stomp with direction controls. yay to fullscreen mixups when opponent is out of stamina!

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
Anyone know if you can vortex in BS after F22throw? I'd always do a Mimicry style mixup after I re-stand.

SPY

Noob
Who need Impostor if now Shinnok can do blockstring~Hell SparksMB and run in for 50\50 while doing good chip and building meter?
And what point of exAmulet Stike now, if Hell SparksMB is hitconfirmable juggle that have more advantage on block + chip and meter?

Who need Impostor if now Shinnok can do blockstring~Hell SparksMB and run in for 50\50 while doing good chip and building meter?
And what point of exAmulet Stike now, if Hell SparksMB is hitconfirmable juggle that have more advantage on block + chip and meter?
I need Impostor!!!Because in Impostor after the mimicry you can do some crazy chip damage with dat damage boost and strings into MB sparks and also vortex most of the cast back into the same 50/50 set up with mimicry, which again at any point when you have meter gives you an opportunity to do over 30% chip damage or even go for the good old throw which does 16% with damage boost!:/

I like that Shinnok can ex his fireball on block now (even though it makes his ex amulet worthless) but did y'all really want an overhead to play just another 50/50 character?

regulas

Your Emporer
So did they fix b3~Flick from the right for Necro?

Does the B3 to F4 change mean Boneshapers strings are euqally hanged? (So f3 or f4 now?)

Has anyone noticed any other changes in terms of tracking or otherwise?

I use PC currently so I don't even have the patch yet last I checked.