What's new

Match Footage SHAZAM: Video Thread

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Im only at the start and i must Say PL get a sick Bane, theres no way he pick him for Evo,,,, is there?

Sh@zAM

Magics what I'm all about !
Awesome, watched some at lunch will continue at home. Keep the vids comming :)

origin

Noob
I watched about a half hour. Good stuff, it's given me something to shoot for. It seems to me Chef that you never backdash. After all why would you what you can just phase in and out and be safer while doing it! Some of the confirms in these videos are strange, the hitboxes in TrueTalents video seemed really suspect at times, but the combos are nice. He may not be putting out like 45% combos but from what I can see Shazam gets an opportunity to dump a lot more 25-30%'s on people, more frequently.

I've spent all of an hour with the character today (cause my Hitbox, finally arrived) but I'll be checking out the combo thread next. Thx guys.

Sh@zAM

Combo video of Shazam, I think every possible one, some practical others not so much, but it always looks badass

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Here is me vs Cage Redfield

easily one of if not the best Lobo in the world (out of like 3 lobo players ever) but it really shows what the matchup can be like and some of my new tricks

it's a long set though

Good shit, that was really fun to watch. I love matchups where you can teleport like crazy to build meter. reminds me of my
mk9 main smoke in a lot of ways. oh and ie started using b2~teleport over and over after I watched that, it's super funny and some people have no idea what to do so they just stand there helplessly not able to do anything. until they figure how to punish it :(

Shawi

Noob
Great games here! The opponent in the grand finals didn't know he could d1 the 22 pressure but even then he just stayed low the entire game and just took the mbAT. Guess that is the best way to play vs shazam - it really limits damage while still consuming meter to keep the hard knockdown going :-(

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Great games here! The opponent in the grand finals didn't know he could d1 the 22 pressure but even then he just stayed low the entire game and just took the mbAT. Guess that is the best way to play vs shazam - it really limits damage while still consuming meter to keep the hard knockdown going :-(
Thanks man. Luckily, a lot of players at the tournament didn't really know how to handle Shazam. On the other hand, if he did start to d1 out of the 22 string, I would have mixed it up and got him anyway. However, nobody was really doing that, so I stuck to what worked. Seeing the matches now does make me feel kinda weird though. Seems like I'm jumping more than I should have, but it was my first real Injustice tournament and I found it kinda hard to find my flow. Any comments and/or tips are very welcome :)

Shawi

Noob
Na great play in all. You kept the opponent guessing - that's exactly what you gotta do!
Absolutely love the commentators here!

Uber

Noob
Good stuff taco. Only thing id suggest is more meaty HM. Your opponent was getting pretty comfortable just sitting there and blocking your crossup j2 on wakeup.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Thanks man. Luckily, a lot of players at the tournament didn't really know how to handle Shazam. On the other hand, if he did start to d1 out of the 22 string, I would have mixed it up and got him anyway. However, nobody was really doing that, so I stuck to what worked. Seeing the matches now does make me feel kinda weird though. Seems like I'm jumping more than I should have, but it was my first real Injustice tournament and I found it kinda hard to find my flow. Any comments and/or tips are very welcome :)
you would have stopped jumping anyways if they started punishing you for it. same for the other stuff like d3, but there really isn't much to say since they weren't punishing them (which is why you abused it) and you did what worked in your favor. great decisions and gameplan all through out GF. Great job man.

Good stuff taco. Only thing id suggest is more meaty HM. Your opponent was getting pretty comfortable just sitting there and blocking your crossup j2 on wakeup.
only watched GF footage, but I think he opted for this one to shutdown the "jumpback arrow on the ground" special move on wakeup.

Uber

Noob
Nice vids. That shazam played well. A few tips to improve:

1) Use more F22, especially after J2. The damage is just so much better than D2, and its just as safe (safer).

2) Make them respect meaty HM. They should be scared to get up. You pretty much jumped at them on wakeup every time.

3) Use more B2xxAT rather than naked AT at midrange. Its much safer than naked AT, but i didnt really see them punish him for it anyways.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Sh@zAM

Great job Len, I like your footsies you were playing and your combo's were solid.