What's new

General/Other Shazam Patch 1.06 Findings.

I find that alot of my old setup combos are not as viable now that im sacrificing 5 - 6% damage. I might have to adapt back to the hardknockdown combos again ;____;
his trait mid screen damage was scaled back to match the output of the prepatch. Which makes trait feel a little more iffy to use as often since the regular bnbs can more closely match the pay off.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
You can just drop the 2 and go straight J3 into AC. Its only 1% less and much easier.

B23 3xxHM MB, B3, J3, AC. - 40%

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

if you mb the AC and end with another HM the damage jumps up to 47. Not terribly practical, but if your opponent has already clashed you might be able to use it to kill

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Findings make AC the best finisher if you don't sacrifice too many hits before you would normally place a HM. The damage buff on it is pretty large, and hard knockdown setup helps.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
B23 3 df3 as a combo

If you stand it will not cross up if you crouch it will cross up.

Tested on joker

If they techroll it will never crossup. Guys, don't forget to set the cpu on roll tech before trying hard knockdown techs.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I think I need to figure out a way to extend b23 into a combo that still lets me hit MB achilles clutch at the end so that I can end my stuff in MB achilles clutch, achilles clutch for the damage. Dude's wall bounces just feel so short range for me. Gonna mess around and see what I can find later tonight.

My poor midterms... ;_;

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
How exactly are you pulling this off? Every time I try they not only land outside of d1 range, but right before I recover from trait.
Immediately doing d2xxtrait after b23 is key, also taking a step forward to link the d1 is helpful.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
For those of us like me with shitty execution (or lag):

2,2 HMmb J2 2,2 HM

Does 31%
lol I'm the same.for some reason I have so much trouble with shazam combos,been using these today
F223,2,ac mb,2,ac 35%
B23,2,ac mb,2,ac 35%
Hm mb,b3,j3,f2,ac 36%

Not the most swag combos but are very simple and online friendly,the damage isn't too bad either.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
lol I'm the same.for some reason I have so much trouble with shazam combos,been using these today
F223,2,ac mb,2,ac 35%
B23,2,ac mb,2,ac 35%
Hm mb,b3,j3,f2,ac 36%

Not the most swag combos but are very simple and online friendly,the damage isn't too bad either.

How do you get out F223 raw?? lol every time I try it outside of a combo I get absolutely murdered!

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Okay guys, some combo updates, I want to explore bounce cancels as I think the feature DIED in this game, but still has some great damage with trait if you're willing to splash out and extra bar for say about 8-12% extra damage than other strings when using trait.

Made the thread easier to navigate too, Throw me some info on what you've found or combo's *I can record them* and I'll stick it in, this thread shall be a guide to Shazam from 1.06 onward until either a new patch or maybe not.

The range of AC seems to depend on the size of the crouching hurtbox of the opponent. AC's range is actually reset position for Black Adam and Superman, but not for Zatanna or Batgirl.

Additionally, b23's non-whiffing range starts at reset position. There's some really funky hitbox behavior on Zatanna though. One of three things happens after you've reset with AC and Zatanna crouches:
  1. b2 connects, 3 goes through Zatanna and whiffs
  2. b23 connects, but 3 goes through Zatanna
  3. b23 connects as it should and allows you to continue your combo

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
The range of AC seems to depend on the size of the crouching hurtbox of the opponent. AC's range is actually reset position for Black Adam and Superman, but not for Zatanna or Batgirl.

Additionally, b23's non-whiffing range starts at reset position. There's some really funky hitbox behavior on Zatanna though. One of three things happens after you've reset with AC and Zatanna crouches:
  1. b2 connects, 3 goes through Zatanna and whiffs
  2. b23 connects, but 3 goes through Zatanna
  3. b23 connects as it should and allows you to continue your combo
This is good to know! Seems to me the best thing to do is b2, AT if the results are that unpredictable on Zatanna